Eepe for linux mint 64

Help with any software/desktop related issues. e.g. companion9x, eePe, etc
MarekS

Eepe for linux mint 64

Post by MarekS »

Welcome
Yesterday I uploaded new software and I have a question is there a program for Linux Mint 64?
I can not find

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Eepe for linux mint 64

Post by MikeB »

Only if you can get the 32-bit version to run at present. I develop under windows, and currently have a 32-bit version of ubuntu running in a virtual box so I may build a linux version.
I need to find time to install a 64-bit version of linux in a virtual box, then install the development software (QTCreator), and configure it, so I may build a 64-bit version of eepe.
Currently, I'm not very familiar with linux, so this could take a while to sort out.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I have a 64-bit version of eepskye that I am running on Mint-19 if that is of any use to you.

Dave
MarekS

Post by MarekS »

Suncoaster wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:34 am I have a 64-bit version of eepskye that I am running on Mint-19 if that is of any use to you.

Dave
I have linux mint 18.3 I do not know if it will work, but if you can send it, I will test it :D
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I have attached the zip file to this post. I did not build this version someone else did, I forget who, but it works for me and it also worked on Mint 18.3. Let me know how you go with it and I will help you if I can.

Dave
Attachments
eepskyeL64_221.zip
(7.28 MiB) Downloaded 327 times

MarekS

Post by MarekS »

Hi
the program works but I have a problem, the programmer is not working I have information Tx disk not mounted, programmer ?
if it is entered in the terminal lsusb
>Bus 006 Device 004: ID 16c0:05dc Van Ooijen Technische Informatica shared ID for use with libusb<
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

I am not sure what you are trying to do. What programmer are you referring too, you do not need to use any other device with eepskye other than your transmitter.

If you copy the extracted program file to /usr/local/bin, you need to be root to do this, then you just run the program from the command line. You will get a couple of messages which you can ignore, but eepskye will still run.

What are you using the aspUSB programmer for.

Dave
MarekS

Post by MarekS »

I put eepskye to /usr/local/bin and start program in terminal as root but noting " tx disk not mounted "
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

You do not need to be root to start the program, you run it under your own user account account. I have attached a screen shot of the terminal output when I start the program. I cannot offer any information about the message you are getting as I have no idea how your system is configured, all I can say is that it works for me. :)
Eepskye.jpg
Dave
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please read the title of this thread, he needs "Eepe" not "Eepskye" :)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Suncoaster

Post by Suncoaster »

jhsa wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 am Please read the title of this thread, he needs "Eepe" not "Eepskye" :)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
I read the title of the thread and in my first response to him I said that I had a copy of eepskye if that was of any use to him. As he responded that he would try it I sent it to him. So I suggest that you read all the thread to see the full context.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Suncoaster wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:21 pm
I read the title of the thread and in my first response to him I said that I had a copy of eepskye if that was of any use to him. As he responded that he would try it I sent it to him. So I suggest that you read all the thread to see the full context.
If he asked for Eepe it means that he has a radio with an AVR processor. In that case Eepskye will not work.
I suspect he is very new to this open source firmware subject, so he might not know what is needed.
And the reason I say this is that on his post right below the one you've posted the zip file, he complains that the "Programmer" doesn't work. Only AVR radios and Eepe use programmers
The radios supported by eepskye DO NOT use any programmer to flash the firmware. So, what he needs is really "Eepe" for Linux. eepskye WILL NOT work with his radio.

And as you see, I did read the whole thread.. Actually I do read every single thread on this forum. :) ;) :mrgreen:
I do miss some stuff though, specially if I am reading it on my mobile phone.. No one's perfect..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MarekS

Post by MarekS »

Hi
OK, I have a radio with ATmega 64 and I want to use a program to edit the model so I asked, I use this aspusb programmer and I'm not a programmer and I can not do much about these topics .for now I have a problem with avrusb because I can not run the Burn-o-mat I used in Windows. I installed eePe in wine but I do not have how to run the programmer maybe then the way?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You need eepe.. Did you try downloading it from www.er9x.com??

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MarekS

Post by MarekS »

No my linux mint is 64 eePe is only z 386 architecture not working
rbecq

Post by rbecq »

For what it's worth, I built 64-bit eepe with QTCreator on Ubuntu today (it is indeed difficult to find a 32-bit machine these days), as I was trying to give a second life to my Turnigy9X.

The 64-bit eepe is in the attachment. I have run it in Ubuntu 16.04 and flashed Turnigy9X to er9x r821.
Attachments
eepe.tar.gz
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 254 times
meistertek

Post by meistertek »

@rbecq

Thanks for building 64-bit eepe for Linux. I downloaded your file and it works well in Linux Mint 20. This allowed me to use linux over windows to upgrade 6 Turnigy 9x radios to er9x that me and my friends use to fly with.
rbecq wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:45 pm For what it's worth, I built 64-bit eepe with QTCreator on Ubuntu today (it is indeed difficult to find a 32-bit machine these days), as I was trying to give a second life to my Turnigy9X.

The 64-bit eepe is in the attachment. I have run it in Ubuntu 16.04 and flashed Turnigy9X to er9x r821.

Return to “Software”