audio file transfer from mac to sd card

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
timbo2720

audio file transfer from mac to sd card

Post by timbo2720 »

Is there a way of transferring audio files from a Mac to the SD card such that they play on the Tx. ( actually a HORUS 10) ?
I can use TTS on the PC and successfully transfer but anything I generate on the Mac is not recogonised.

Is it not possible ?

Kilrah

Re: audio file transfer from mac to sd card

Post by Kilrah »

Did you save the files in the appropriate audio format?
timbo2720

Post by timbo2720 »

Yes wave file format exactly as from TTS on my old windows laptop, which works. Same wave format from any number of apps on the Mac and the Horus does not recognise the file. Sd card is fat32 and the file is obviously readable on the Mac just not the Horus, the Mac OS must add something hidden to the file is my guess but I know not what.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Wave format is one thing but there are parameters to it that must be respected and defaults won't be the same between programs so you may need to explicitely set those parameters or convert the file if not possible with the tool you're using. Are you being careful of that?

Are you using OpenTX or the FrSky OS? I believe required parameters aren't the same for both.
timbo2720

Post by timbo2720 »

Same bit rate, no of channels and codec. Open tx sd card files from the openTx download work fine on the horus OS. It seems to be the Mac OS that adds something to the file that is the problem. I can use my old windows laptop to create the files but I find that a bit irritating as I do not use it for anything else having standardised on Apple .

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”