I have searched and read and tried for 2 days to get the 9xr pro to work

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
CFBRonson

I have searched and read and tried for 2 days to get the 9xr pro to work

Post by CFBRonson »

I have been trying to update my radio to the newest possible firmware ,the point was to get the R9M to work and I thought I was on track but I can only get eepe to work.
I tried to use opentx companion but I must be missing something . I watched 3 different videos and followed instructions. I got eepskye to work but not opentx companion. Am I going crazy? My radio says er9x on the splash screen even though I just used companion to flash the latest version of opentx. Version screen says
Version: ersky9x-pb6r-222
Date:02.08.2018
Time:
Mod: RevB-x
Did I miss something easy?Why can I flash one easy and not the other. When I follow the video tutorial it seems very easy and everything seems to work but when I restart my TX nothing has changed and it still has the same splash screen. I really hate posting questions to forums for fear that I just didnt find the thread I needed and am wasting someones time. If that is the case please just link me the thread and Ill happily read it myself and *** right off. Thanks in advance.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: I have searched and read and tried for 2 days to get the 9xr pro to work

Post by MikeB »

If you flash a more recent test version, try r222 c4, you will have R9M support in ersky9x.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
CFBRonson

Post by CFBRonson »

So is it impossible to use the opentx firmware with the 9xrpro ? Are there any benefits of open over er9x or vice versa?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

well, ersky9x for all platforms is still being well developed.. It seems that OpenTX developers are more interested in newer radios.
why don't you check ersky9x yourself? If you don't like it you can always revert to OpenTX, providing that you can use companion to flash it..
Ersky9x has a different (in my opinion much better and easier to navigate :) ) menu structure. It also supports some hardware additions, like extra switches, Bluetooth dongle, etc.. It also has a good implementation of the MultiProtocol module. If new protocols come out, you don't need to wait for a new version of the radio's firmware to have the new protocol in the Multi protocol menu.. You just have to copy a .txt file to the radio's SD Card..

Of course OpenTX has also excellent features that might or might not be present in ersky9x. Try it.. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The 9XR Pro was designed to use ErSky9x. It could at one time use OpenTX as well, but I believe the newer versions of OpenTX are no longer compatible.

ErSky9x will do the job.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What has been removed from OpenTX is the AVR-based radios, the sky9x family the 9XR-Pro is a part of is still there.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Thanks for the correction.
CFBRonson

Post by CFBRonson »

Thanks for the info guys. I now see r9 in my er9x protocol menu and I can change through the power settings. This was my main concern. I think I'll just stick with erx9 and be happy that it still works with my very old radio. Much much appreciation for the people behind keeping this firmware up to date. Now I'm off to figure out the voice alerts that I lost with the update.
CFBRonson

Post by CFBRonson »

Kilrah wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:59 pm What has been removed from OpenTX is the AVR-based radios, the sky9x family the 9XR-Pro is a part of is still there.
I tried very hard to flash the open tx using companion. I followed directions in the video step by step and It seems to work. On my pc screen it shows the firmware burn progress bar going to 100% but when I disconnect and restart the tx nothing has changed.
CFBRonson

Post by CFBRonson »

jhsa wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:20 pm well, ersky9x for all platforms is still being well developed.. It seems that OpenTX developers are more interested in newer radios.
why don't you check ersky9x yourself? If you don't like it you can always revert to OpenTX, providing that you can use companion to flash it..
Ersky9x has a different (in my opinion much better and easier to navigate :) ) menu structure. It also supports some hardware additions, like extra switches, Bluetooth dongle, etc.. It also has a good implementation of the MultiProtocol module. If new protocols come out, you don't need to wait for a new version of the radio's firmware to have the new protocol in the Multi protocol menu.. You just have to copy a .txt file to the radio's SD Card..

Of course OpenTX has also excellent features that might or might not be present in ersky9x. Try it.. :)

João
I've been on er9x for years. I thought I might
Give open a chance since I had to update to get my new r9 to work. Either way I got a great update to my 3 year old firmware and I'm happy as a clam. I have yet to try out the r9 as I still haven't picked a guinea pig for the r9mm. Do you have any suggestions for me as far as settings or warnings about potential problems I might encounter?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I test flew a R9M module with R9 receiver in an electric glider, operating at 25mW power. I logged the flight and compared the RSSI values with a log of a flight using a XJT/X8R pair. The RSSi was no lower than the XJT/X8R one and may well have been a bit higher.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “openTx”