er9x V2 = mbtx

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
kmargos

Re: er9x V2 = mbtx

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm The LV trim mod is routing the left vertical trim switches to PC0 and PC4 (I didn't add this feature). It is not supported on the M64 for flash space reasons. If you have serial Megasound, then the left vertical trim switches need to be routed to the Megasound board.

I'll look into the switch configuration options on eepeV2 later tonight.

Mike
Hi, i use XPD3 and XPD4 ( in megasounfboard) for LV trim mod. For version eepeV1 LV trim has been working.

Marco.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've posted an updated eepeV2 with the hardware switch mapping including the 2 missing options.
You don't need the "LVtrimMod" ticked to use the trims from the Megasound board (XPD3 and XPD4).
I have a serial Megasound board in my '2561 radio, and the LV trim is working OK on that with mbtx flashed.

Is your LV trim not working on the M64 with the serial Megasound board?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

" Is your LV trim not working on the M64 with the serial Megasound board?"

Yes !!is not working in M64... The V1(er9xProv822f) working, but V2 MBTX not working.

The last eepev2 now working EXT1 and EXT2, not work LV trim.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a fix (hopefully) for the LV trims via the serial Megasound board on M64 radios.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:36 am I've just posted a fix (hopefully) for the LV trims via the serial Megasound board on M64 radios.

Mike

:D :D :D :D working now!!!!!! thank you!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I'll continue the tests !!!

Marco.

kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi Mike,

The transmitter does not show the second page that shows the last 8 channels. Is it to save memory?

See picture.
Attachments
page.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the version for the M64 doesn't have that in.
Because er9x V2 does save some flash memory, compared to V1, there are about 800 bytes spare, so it would be possible to add a few things in, the question is what are the most important/useful things to add.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 pm Yes, the version for the M64 doesn't have that in.
Because er9x V2 does save some flash memory, compared to V1, there are about 800 bytes spare, so it would be possible to add a few things in, the question is what are the most important/useful things to add.

Mike

Ok, thank you very much.

Marco.
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi Mike ,

A little Bug in PB1 and PB2. I use atmega2561 last Firmware V2.
See this video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVX4v0 ... sp=sharing
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

That took a while to find. It was in some code I didn't write! I ended up needing to talk it through with my wife to pin down what was going wrong.
I have the fix, so that will be in the next test version. I'll see if I can post that tomorrow.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Fix posted! I've also added support for the FrSky R9M module on the M64 and XJT bind options on the '128 and '2561 versions.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
minno

Post by minno »

Hi Mike,
please, I have 128+frsky mod+r9m, which version of mbtx shall I use ? frsky or 128 ?
What is the main benefit of v2-mbtx compare to the newest version of ,,v1" ?

Thank you
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Use the '128 version. With V2 I've re-arranged the way the data is stored in the EEPROM and used in memory so that less flash memory is used things are "better". Using less flash means more features fot in the '64 version. Other things are improved like there are 10 not 8 viace alerts, and all the logical switches have all switches available for the "AND" switch. The trainer weight is now properly 0-100, instead of changing in steps of 3.
Voice switches are separated from the safety switches. Flight modes may be given names.
Mixes always use the "late offset" feature, but also have a "high resolution" slow/delay option. This lets you choose between 0-15 seconds
in steps of 1 second, or 0-3 seconds in steps of 0.2 seconds.
GVARs have an enabling switch.
There are 2 custom telemetry screens.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
minno

Post by minno »

Hi Mike,
thank you. just a question. are fixes in V1 synchronize with V2 ?

for example"
- fix of voice alerts, separate voice file in case throttle is not is safe position and for switches are not in default position- voice alarm files 74and75.
- or R9M latest firmware support for 200mW for EU..
- etc

thank you.
Milan
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, they use the same source code files, just compiled with V2 selected, so fixes usually apply to both.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
hackerjoe

Post by hackerjoe »

Hi Mike,

I have two 128 Radios and a 64 Radio.
The two 128's are running:
Version: V1.748-Mike
Date: 30:11:2016
Time: 13:41:21
SVN: er9x-r820

I think the 64 is running the serial Version.

I'm confused should I update the radios to your er9xV2 mbtx5.zip or ER9xPro822j.zip ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The straightforward update is to ER9xPro822j.zip.
If you go to the V2 version you will need to also install eepeV2, then read and save the EEPROM from your existing radios.
Then you update the firmware to mbtx (er9xV2) and allow the EEPROM to be formatted.
FInally read the EEPROM from the radio into eepeV2, load the saved EEPROM ito eepe (not V2), then drag and drop all your models from eepe to eepeV2, then write the EEPROM back to the radio from eepeV2.
Finally carefully check every model to make sure all settings have been transferred correctly.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
hackerjoe

Post by hackerjoe »

MikeB wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 pm The straightforward update is to ER9xPro822j.zip.
If you go to the V2 version you will need to also install eepeV2, then read and save the EEPROM from your existing radios.
Then you update the firmware to mbtx (er9xV2) and allow the EEPROM to be formatted.
FInally read the EEPROM from the radio into eepeV2, load the saved EEPROM ito eepe (not V2), then drag and drop all your models from eepe to eepeV2, then write the EEPROM back to the radio from eepeV2.
Finally carefully check every model to make sure all settings have been transferred correctly.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I am not saving any models
What are the steps if I'm not saving anything? Do I just flash the radio with the new file?

And to be clear do I have to flash ER9xPro822j.zip - Is that actually mbtx ER9XV2?
Thank you,
Joe
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To try to make it clear you are flashing V2, all V2 files are called mbtx, not er9x. ER9xPro822j.zip is the "latest" er9x V1.
For V2, go to the first post of this thread and download (currently) mbtx5.zip. Then just flash the to appropriate file@
mbtx-2561.hex if you have a '2561 processor.
mbtx-128.hex if you have a '128 processor.
mbtx-frsky-sv.hex if you have a '64 processor with the frsky (telemetry) mod and serial voice.
mbtx-sv.hex if you have a '64 processor with NO frsky (telemetry) mod and serial voice.
mbtx-frsky.hex if you have a '64 processor with the frsky (telemetry) mod and parallel voice.

I haven't built a version without the frsky (telemetry) mod and no voice.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
hackerjoe

Post by hackerjoe »

MikeB wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:13 am To try to make it clear you are flashing V2, all V2 files are called mbtx, not er9x. ER9xPro822j.zip is the "latest" er9x V1.
For V2, go to the first post of this thread and download (currently) mbtx5.zip. Then just flash the to appropriate file@
mbtx-2561.hex if you have a '2561 processor.
mbtx-128.hex if you have a '128 processor.
mbtx-frsky-sv.hex if you have a '64 processor with the frsky (telemetry) mod and serial voice.
mbtx-sv.hex if you have a '64 processor with NO frsky (telemetry) mod and serial voice.
mbtx-frsky.hex if you have a '64 processor with the frsky (telemetry) mod and parallel voice.

I haven't built a version without the frsky (telemetry) mod and no voice.

Mike
Ok thank you for explaining it Mike.
I think I'm going to stay with ER9x and just update it for now too 822j
Thank you again,
Joe
Last edited by hackerjoe on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiistriker

Post by wiistriker »

Hello! I am using Turnigy 9x now (atmega64) with R9M module and trying to use new version er9x V2 to get maximum from my transmitter
Thats what i done:
  • backup current settings in eepe.exe
  • open eepeV2.exe
  • flash mbtx-sv.hex
  • format eeprom on my transmitter
  • in eepeV2.exe i read current settings and copy-paste settings from eepe.exe
  • write settings to transmitter's eeprom
Everything is working correct just like on previous version of firmware but i cant make work all 16 channels of r9m. I try to change PPM settings to 16 channels and extends wave length to 32.5usec but my FC Ardupilot stil can see only 8 channels. But it seems like 16 channel RSSI works correct.
If i choose XJT i dont get any RC inputs on my FC. What protocol should i use?

And second question: is there any way to change r9m power from 25 to 100 or 500 from turnigy9x?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Please confirm you have flashed from a file in mbtx5.zip (the most recent as of 14-Oct-2018).
Select the XJT protocol, then select R9M as the type. The power setting should be available to the right of the R9M setting.
I see I have a small bug (in mbtx5.zip) in that the actual value for the power only appears when the highlight is on that line of the display.
The power options are: 25-8, 25-16, 200-16, and 500-16. The second number is the number of channels being sent.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
wiistriker

Post by wiistriker »

I have version from 29.09.2018, i get this file from first post of this thread. I will look for newer version.

upd.
I see XJT - type R9M and also see power selection. But my receiver and transmitter show red leds and dont work. Should i update firware on r9m? Or should i rebind? Is there any way how can i update firmware on r9 and r9m without Taranis RC?

Also i see interesting buttons Bind and Range in XJT. Where i can find information how use them?

Thanks
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, you need to re-bind.

Power on the Rx while holding the FS button pressed.
Power on the Tx and go to the "Protocol" menu. Select XJT, type R9M and set the required power level. Then go down to the BIND option and press MENU LONG. The Tx should show "BINDING" and the red LED on the Rx should start flickering.
Press EXIT on the Tx, and power the Rx off then on. The Rx LED should now be green and servos respond.

Note that if you change the power level between 25 and some other value, you will need to re-bind.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
wiistriker

Post by wiistriker »

Thank you, Mike! Everything is working now
domind

Post by domind »

Hi,
1st of all many thanks to Mike for his efforts.
In EepeV2 templates not working. Did not tested uploading to 9x, but once you try to load template in eepeV2 nothing is shown on the mixers page.
Also on creation of model all mixes are empty.
minno

Post by minno »

Hi Mike,
could you kindly check if possible to correcct the voice alarms 074 and 075.. throttle is not in safe position works ok - it is 074, but switch warning - return sw to default position alarm is not working. should be 0075 but it sends 023- like general alarm file, this you corrected in er9x v1 if u remember, but I use now your v2 and it is not fixed in it.. looks like this fix in v1 does not corespond to v2.. are you able to remove 023 and correct script to send 074 for throttle warning and 075 for sw warning like u did in v1 ???? would be realy great. thank you in advance indeed.

Also I can see default telemetrz screen like for DSM2 , bute there are also some values ? like A--B--L--R--F--H-- what does it mean pls ?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

domind wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:58 pm Hi,
1st of all many thanks to Mike for his efforts.
In EepeV2 templates not working. Did not tested uploading to 9x, but once you try to load template in eepeV2 nothing is shown on the mixers page.
Also on creation of model all mixes are empty.
What revision and date do you see on the "About" screen of eepeV2?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

minno: I'll sort that, V2 uses a different bit of code so I just need to copy the change across.

DSM telemetry sends some information regarding packet losses on different antennae. I'm not sure exactly what they all are, but F is Fades and H is Holds.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
domind

Post by domind »

Mike: Revision p423, 19.Oct.2018
But had to change modeledit.ui file to compile it. You can see change as pull request on GitHub.

Return to “er9x”