Flight Modes frustradtiomr

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Vegaslightsss

Flight Modes frustradtiomr

Post by Vegaslightsss »

Hi All, I have a Taranis X9D+,, I have setup logical switches for LO 1-6 , I have setup flight modes in Mixer and programmed weights and percentages , verified that the 2 3 position switches are selecting L1-L6. For some reason channel 7 ( sbus flight modes channel) is not moving when I try to edit. I get modes 1 manual and mode 4 return comes up on pos 2 of first switch . I have open tx 2.2 and am familiar with fligh modes through APM autopilot in the past. I have set up logical switch mode per several different videos and confident both that and mixer channels are correct. I went into flight modes page and tried that as well. Can't access my modes ,driving me nuts. Thx in Advance, Vegas

Richard

Re: Flight Modes frustradtiomr

Post by Richard »

Vegas, it is not quite clear what is your environment, but it seems you are trying to define flight modes for a flight controller, and you are using 2 switches to generate 6 flight modes. I don't really know what you refer to "channel 7 ( sbus flight modes channel) is not moving when I try to edit". Also you refer to "flight mode page" which is part of the OpenTX environment, and that is confusing me. Therefore, the first question is: Are you hooking up to a flight controller or are you setting flight modes in a pure OpenTX environment? (Just TX and RX, no FC).
May be if you define what do you try to achieve, it will help to understand and help you. I use the Taranis environment with different type of flight controllers, and may be I can help you if I can understand your need.
Richard
Vegaslightsss

Post by Vegaslightsss »

Windows 10 ,hooked up to a Radiolink Pixhalk 4. Using
Q Control and Taranis x9d+. On Radiolink anyway channel 5 PWM is channel 7 on Sbus. By changing the value of 7 which is flight modes if I assign it to rotary knop.i can access flight modes in order 1 -6 On the computer running qcontrol through the mixer page. I created the first as flight mode 1 Manual, mode 2 stabilize,by making a copy of 1 then changing the name and weight ect by using the + & - keys until the desired mode number is highlighted then record and repeat process, I prebuilt logical switches 1-6 and assigned the mixers I built in order of the logical switches , not sure what I'm doing wrong , I can't even get the mode channel to change values anymore when trying to edit. Hope that helps describe.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well, I am not familiar with Pixhalk, but regardless, the important part is that you are defining flight modes in the Pixh through Taranis CH5. I am not sure about CH5 PWM (which should be CH5 in your RX), appears as CH7 on SBUS. I am using SBus too, but I have not such a mismatch between PWM and SBus.
My first question is right in your TX, in the monitor mode, can you see your CH5 getting into the 6 different values?
If you can see that, then there is some issue in the interface (logical interface) between the RX and the Pix.
By any chance do you have a SBus decoder?
I guess you have the TX configured for at least 8 channels.
In the mean time I will review my config (I use only a 3 pos sw for either of my FC, but I can configure sw position in the FC configurator, instead of a mixer in the TX). I remember that there some trick on defining a channel based in a sw as source (or two in your case).
Richard
Vegaslightsss

Post by Vegaslightsss »

Thanks for getting back. I learned about Sbus on my Radiolink receivers, there are 2 sets of channel numbers above the servo pins 1--12 in red and in Blue pins they start at 3. When I assign channel 7 to a rotary pot I can access the desired flight mode positions in order but without an actual 6 position pot can't tell which I am in. 7 is my flight modes 8 autotune. I think i am going to wipe it and start again, been weeks, any other radio I can do this intuitively in 10 minutes. Also mission planner won't do c**p or apm planner,used many different cables, 3 different pcs.

Richard

Post by Richard »

I don't Think I can help with mission planner. I am just starting with it. For the DIY FC, I use iNav, and it has its tricks but particularly for the flight modes is piece of cake.
I am not too surprised the RX is a bit nuts with the SBus. I use FrSky receivers, in SBus config, and have no problems.
Anyway, at this point I am not sure where do you have the problem. As I asked before, can you see in the TX monitor screen the channel assigned for mode moves according with the switch (or switches) position. I would like to eliminate parts one at a time.
On the airborne system, I guess you are hooking up the RX to the Pix, via SBus, right?
Richard
Vegaslightsss

Post by Vegaslightsss »

Thank you for sticking with me through this on channel 7 when editing live it switches to the flight modes and announces which flight modes in through the PC what is odd that no matter where Channel 7 is in the value that I can see in the program it moves back and forth don't get me wrong between S C position 1 S C position 3 and no matter what I select in the drop-down menu it will go to that type of hold loiter or whatever but that value never changes on the screen. So right now my SC position one is return and my SD position 3 yesterday I had to stabilize now I am putting another position so that value never changes on the on-screen slider but it absolutely changes in the flight controller and does whatever I put in there as far as position hold Mission whatever. I am on the highway and using voice texting so if this makes absolutely no sense I understand why and I will do it when I return home in a couple of hours very frustrated with this thing don't know if I should just start over with a new model and try everything again also may be worth mentioning is in both Mission planner in APM planner I can connect in the top right corner using mavic link with the antennas USB antenna on the computer or I can use USB to connect either way but I don't seem to be getting all the options I used to get and I've done at Mega APM Series in the past. All the drivers say they're loaded successfully as far as PX4 is it possible that my radiolink PX4 is different than a standard PS4 and I need another driver is that why I'm not getting all the options available on the screen I was able to load the firmware for the hacks and do all the configurations and it all configured just fine but as soon as I go to initial setup there is hardly any information there on either of the two planner software. I am seriously ready to go back to APM and just stick was those even though they are limited they worked and they worked all the time I never had a problem with him whatsoever I also had loaded on this x a complete DJI Naza M V2 system which would fly for a while and all configured fine on the screen then we just go completely bananas and throw itself into fits of checking interference from the motors everything I can't make any sense out of it I've built probably 40 of these taxes in the past and never had problems like this on this particular Tarot running 5010 Motors 360 KV 30 amp ESC all wiring is ultra clean heat shrink or wired away from each other so it's not to get inductive interference from the other cables I am completely frustrated and I don't know if it's the FRS guy stuff as the radiolink stuff never gave me problems as I was running the AT0,AT10,& AT10 II
Also to answer your question yes I am running the taranis x9d plus directly to the pixhawk new with no other mediums in between thank you so much again for trying to help me figure this out
Richard

Post by Richard »

Vegas, no need to thank me. I like to help as a side hobby. Anyway, based on what you are telling me, and I may have misunderstood, you don't really have a problem on the FrSky side, but in the Pix, side, call it manager, SW or HW. From what I understood, at Pix level your mode flips back and forth, but not in the FrSky monitor screen. Please, confirm. I mean the screen below:

Also, based on my understanding, you had successfully used other manager, then I would like to suggest two actions: Go back to what you know it worked before and feel comfortable and then return to the new one. Now, your suggestion of starting from scratch, is not bad, and may actually fix the problem, but it is absolutely necessary that you isolate the problem whether it is on the TX side or the airborne system. I feel that you are so frustrated that you are loosing your focus from one piece to the other, and that will not help. You need to take one piece at a time to be sure where is the problem, and then solve it. As I said, I have no experience whatsoever in Pix equipment or Radiolink, and with all honesty, I am working myself in a different FC, and I don't have the time to learn Pix.

In short, if you pinpoint the problem on the Taranis, I will be happy to help. If it is on the airborne system, you will have to address the issue to either piece of equipment forum to get someone that can help you.
Attachments
screen-2018-09-17-110048.jpg
Richard
Vegaslightsss

Post by Vegaslightsss »

Sbus using the higher channel 7 with Radiolink falls true on any system I've encountered using Sbus. The Taranis I I programmed completely, 6 modes across 2 switched but only 2 work , RTH & Stablz, the other positions will not allow editing,driving me nuts
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ok, let's try to make this the smart way. Please, post the .otx file,and I will work on it, see if I can help you to figure out what is making you nuts.
Richard

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”