ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
jhsa

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

Thanks mike.. what about "Move"? In my opinion that is way more useful than Copy/paste for voice alarms, as they depend on their order to be played. A voice alarm that is before another will play before, if the conditions are the same..

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

fxshoppe

Post by fxshoppe »

Hi Mike and others,

Firstly thanks for this wonderful work.

My aim is to club features spread over er9x and opentx ( if allowed to say here)

Ultimate output
1 support for cheap 1306 and 1106 display i2c and spi version (er9x supports spi but not i2c, OpenAVRc supports oled), even 7920
2 Support for mega2560 as it saves the hassle of smd soldering pcb protyping. couldnot figure out a way to have one hex file with bootloader and firmware.
3 Have amod - serial voice er9x strong point.so typically run promini @3.3 volt and use a sd card jacket / 8 pin eeprom for voice files.
4 Have telemetry data with RS232 convertor -which is done
5 Integrate bluetooth after RS232 <> TTL convertor, could not figure out the baud rate for bt module for it to work with frsky dashboard.
6 Compile with a simple batch file in windows without any software install. give path and make options
7 Where can i find all the compile options for er9x

.... since am a dreamer list goes on and on

The sole purpose is to create something which brings more people to hobby & DIY. Most of the stuff is available on the shelf and not specific to our country customs is a hassle. anything for under 50 USD is the goal.

If you could kindly guide will be happy to do most bit.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

This is a thread for ersky9x, the firmware that runs on radios that have an ARM processor, not an AVR processor. Further posts should be on er9x threads please.
1. I don't have any of those displays, so testing would not be possible. Also, I2C is too slow. er9x updates the whole display every 10mS. For a 128x64 display, this is 1024 bytes bytes. I2C can only send a byte in 22.5uS, so would take 23mS to update the whole display.
2. er9x supports the '2561 processor, complete with bootloader, so the 2560 should also work.
3. Voice files are quite large, so probably will not fit in an 8-pin EEPROM
5. Baudrate should not matter as this is the baudrate from the radio to the BT module only.
6. You have to install the compiler and make.exe, I use batch files with the options all the time.
7. I've attached the command file I use (with bash) to build all the release versions. Some other options (like serial displays) are (currently) only used by other people.

Mike
Attachments
domake.zip
(624 Bytes) Downloaded 206 times
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,
Simple question, but I cannot remember the answer :(

In a club-mate's 9XRPro with Ersky9x r212, his Tx internal battery level display needs to be re-set to the correct value, as measured on the battery with a DVM. I cannot remember where to do that and didn't find it in a few searches around the web and some manuals I have online.

Thanks for the help, in advance.

ozphoenix
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Wow, that is a really old firmware. I strongly recommend to update..
Try the "Radio Setup / DiagANA" menu. I believe that at the bottom of the page you will find a field to calibrate the radio's battery voltage.

That firmware is so old that I don't remember anymore how it looked like, and what options it had. But the diagana menu might be very similar to the latest versions.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

:))) now, I don't feel so bad not being able to remember! Yes, it is old, but this club-mate refuses to move off it because he's a very nervous flyer and deathly afraid of moving to anything new and unknown (to him).

I'm working on him to let me change it, but once I touch it, I'll have to 'own' it and its support and I don't know that I'll want to do that, for various reasons :(

In the meantime, I'll look in the place you mention.

Thanks for the feedback.
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,
Telemetry question:
Using 9XRPro, Ersky v222rb9, FrSky S6R, FrSky SmartPort mini Lipo Monitor (without LED), 3S batteries (various capacities).
If I set up a Custom Telemetry Display Page to show 'Ctot' on the display, the radio - for the most part - shows the correct 3S voltage (as measured with a DVM, after adjusting Cell Calibration on the Telemetry Set Up Screen).
I say 'for the most part' because, every 5-10 seconds, I will get one display of (variously) either a single cell voltage or a two cell voltage and then the (expected) 3S voltage returns -- it is not consistent which erroneous one shows up, but it is consistent that I get this random 'appearance' regardless of which battery (of the various capacities) I am monitoring. If I am then announcing this monitored voltage through an audio message, of course I am given the incorrect voltage for the full 3S battery when one of these sub-3S voltages appears.
I've noticed this in earlier 'r22x' versions but have not bothered to chase it down, but have now spent the time to go deeper.
Any clues for me to look in to -- my setup, configuration, etc??
Thanks, as always, in advance
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you go to the Telemetry|Logging menu, and scroll down to the Cells, you will see a tick (not in a box) at the right showing those cells for which data is being received. If any of the three ticks disappears for a time, then no data was received often enough. Every telemetry item has its own timeout (default 2.5 seconds). It may be the cells data is not being sent very often, and if a value is missed, due to poor telemetry reception for example (not having Tx too close to Rx or interference), then the cell timeout may expire.
Cell data is sent in pairs, so cells 1 and 2 are sent together, then 3 and 4, then 5 and 6. I don't have a mini LiPo monitor, only the full ones, so I can't test this.
What you may try is extending the telemetry data timeout. In the Telemetry|Logging menu, the 2.5 seconds may be extended. It is the 4th item "Data Timeouts(s)" and may be extended up to 10.0 seconds. Try increasing it and see if the ticks continue to disappear at times.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. Good places to start -- I'll check these ideas tomorrow (our time, GMT+10) and report back - the Tx and all my other RC gear is in my outside workshop, some distance from my house (I live on acreage).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just checked the full LiPo sensor and it sends one pair of cell values every 0.5 seconds, so for a 3-cell battery, it takes 1.0 seconds to send all the cell values (1 and 2 in one frame, then cell 3 in the next.

Also, the cell timeout is 1.5 seconds longer than other values, so is 4.0 seconds minimum (when the value in the Logging menu is 2.5).

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,
The following is just a question, not a request :D But, it's a bit related to the 'move', 'copy', etc scenario recently discussed, just a bit broader in context.

I have a few planes (35 or so) and the collection often just seems to grow by itself overnight :o So, I have a lot of models set up in my radio and I do a lot of 'fiddling' :lol: Many of the items I set up are repeated, such as GVars, Scalers, Voice/Audio, etc. They're not hard to set up and each set of the parameters within them is simple to replicate if you have a good memory (not me) or write them down (again, not me) or use eepskye often (ditto).

Apart from connecting up my PC and using eepskye (which I do sporadically but not weekly), would it be possible to create a 'library storage place', on the SD card for example, of user-created 'blobs' or 'thingys' within the radio which could be 'called in' to a new (or existing) model from within the radio's own menu structure?? Or, is this beyond the scope of the current code-base and memory space (and developer's time)?

Just asking, not requesting ;)

Regards and thanks for all the great stuff already :)

ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Interesting idea, although I'm not quite sure how easy it might be to implement.
For voice, if you go down to the bottom of the list, you should find a "link" to Global Voice Alerts (8 of them). These are common to all models. There is also the copy and paste options allowing you to copy a voice alert then paste it into a global alert.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

@Mike - yes, similar concept, but more 'globally' usable. For a simple example and to practice my programming (and it's not the only 'simple' widget I fiddle with), instead of listening to a standard Ctot voltage readout/audio and doing an estimate of how much 'voltage' I have left before I need to land, I recently created a simple Scaler (which explains my earlier question about Ctot readings) where I set the 'minimum' voltage I will allow Ctot to get down to (before I land) and the max voltage I would normally expect the applicable battery to charge up to (e.g. for 3s or 4s or 5S, etc) and I convert the available 'supply range' (e.g. 2.1 volts total for 3S) to a percentage and that is what I announce in audio. I like to be 'landed' with still no less than 20% to 30% left in the battery (for various reasons) and I don't like my batteries to ever get below 10.5 volts (for 3S, for example). This Scaler gives me an immediate conversion without the need for mental effort(!) - I can still get the Ctot voltage, but now I also get the Ctot%.

But, I have about 15+ planes with monitoring, so now I need to feed this Scaler into every one of those models (or use eepskye when I am at home) - not a daunting task, but time-consuming. And, the same applies for other 'blobs' I create - hence the idea of 'storing' them for re-use.

Again, just asking, not requesting - yet(!)

Regards,
ozphoenix
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Well, I have answers to your suggestions and thus, it appears, an answer to my problem.

I checked that it was not caused by 'swamping' from the Tx - I took everything out of my workshop into a grassed area and placed the plane (with sensors and battery, etc exposed) on the ground about 5-7 metres away from the radio - still got missing values -- and, yes, missing 'ticks'.

Then, I increased the timeout value to 2.7 seconds and the missing ticks reduced to one in about 12-15 seconds. I increased it to 3.0 seconds and the missing ticks reduced to being missing about once every 20-25 seconds. I increased it to 3.5 seconds and sat and waited for about 2-3 minutes - no missing ticks. I returned the value, by the preceding steps, towards 2.5 seconds and the missing ticks increased in occurrence accordingly.

For now, my problem seems to have been solved well enough by leaving the timeout set at 3.5 seconds. Not sure if it's worth pursuing further (or, if you want me too, anyway) - for now, my 'widget' works okay for me.

Happy to try other things or give other feedback, if you need it.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
ozphoenix

MikeB wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:45 am If you go to the Telemetry|Logging menu, and scroll down to the Cells, you will see a tick (not in a box) at the right showing those cells for which data is being received. If any of the three ticks disappears for a time, then no data was received often enough. Every telemetry item has its own timeout (default 2.5 seconds). It may be the cells data is not being sent very often, and if a value is missed, due to poor telemetry reception for example (not having Tx too close to Rx or interference), then the cell timeout may expire.
Cell data is sent in pairs, so cells 1 and 2 are sent together, then 3 and 4, then 5 and 6. I don't have a mini LiPo monitor, only the full ones, so I can't test this.
What you may try is extending the telemetry data timeout. In the Telemetry|Logging menu, the 2.5 seconds may be extended. It is the 4th item "Data Timeouts(s)" and may be extended up to 10.0 seconds. Try increasing it and see if the ticks continue to disappear at times.

Mike
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:There is also the copy and paste options allowing you to copy a voice alert then paste it into a global alert.

Mike
Taking the risk of repeating myself ;) but in my opinion as far as voice alerts are concerned, a "Move" option is perhaps more important than the "Copy/Paste" features. They are important as well, and I am very happy that they are there now, but, the order the voice alerts are played depends also on the order they have been programmed. If you need a certain voice alert to be played after another that is placed in between other voice alarms, you will have to delete all the voice alarms below the place where that one should go and then re-program them :o A lot of work. If you need to insert a voice alarm somewhere in the list, the same happens. You will need to delete everything below the place you want to insert it.
And this is a pain. It already happened to me several times when adding telemetry alrms to the existing ones for example. Or adding for example flaps to a model that didn't have them.
A "Move" option would also allow to insert a new voice alarm easily. Just create it at the bottom of the list, and move it into place..
And this (Copy,/Paste/Move) would be a great enhancement to other menus as well. The mixer menu for example, already has them, and they're great.. They make it so much easier to use the firmware..

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

@João - +1 from me, also, on this - I had to do the same 'delete and redo' for voice alarm order, etc - until I had to do it several times and I now leave a few blank Voice Alarm lines between important groups of alarms so that my 'delete and redo' efforts are reduced, though not always eliminated. That said, I completely agree that 'move' is almost more essential than 'copy'. But, further, I consider that Mike's contributions to this product are already 'above and beyond', so I am loathe to ask him to undertake a major effort if only to reduce my own responsibility of maintaining my 'lists'. Love to have all of this stuff, but Mike needs to make the decisions on what to spend his time on, hopefully not to the detriment of his own enjoyment of the hobby.

Just imho.
ozphoenix
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Of course, Mike does what he thinks it is right. No harm in asking though, right? ;)
I have been following this firmware since even before Mike started working on it I believe, and I can say it came really a long way, specially after Mike started working on it. Without him, Er9x would have been dead since long ago. :o I think I still have the file for the first version of er9x I have downloaded. Number 150 or close. Back then, we had about 3 or 4 versions a day sometimes :) :D About 8 years passed, and er9x / Ersky9x became what it is now thanks to Mike of course, but also due to the ideas and requests for many users. And many (if not most) of the features the firmware has today might have been requested by them :)
The firmware reached a level where has top quality, but, it is still not perfect for the user sometimes. And I consider that my main goal as a user is to help making it even more user friendly than it is now.. And believe me, it is already VERY user friendly for the amount of power features it has. But, in my opinion, there is still room for improvement I think. There are still some tasks that aren't so easy to do.. One of them is "Moving" a voice alarm, or even a Logical switch.
One thing I have learnt as the years passed by is that sometimes developers and users understand the expression "User Friendly" a bit differently :D :mrgreen: Developers hate that expression as well :mrgreen:

Saying all the above, I cannot thank Mike enough for the wonderful firmware he shares with us. It made our hobby much more enjoyable.
I still have a Futaba 8FG and I cannot imagine myself using it. It is sitting on my desk for years now, behind all my 9x radios..

Thanks for all Mike

João

EDIT: Found it. Here is my first downloaded Er9x version from 17.09.2010. Exactly 8 years ago :mrgreen:
Attachments
er9x_r153.zip
(41.24 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,
Do you know if there is any difference between the SmartPort behaviour for Telemetry readings of the S8R when compared to the S6R, on ErSky9x v222rb9 with 9XRPro?
I now have 19 (yes, 19) S6R and they all seem to work as expected, so far, with telemetry as expected (voltage, vario, etc) whenever I use it. I have (unfortunately) only one S8R (long story how I got it) -- it works as expected for receiver and stabiliser functions, but I am now setting Telemetry on it for the first time (for this unit).
Now, I could well have a (partially) faulty S8R and I do not (yet) have another one to compare it with, so I am hunting in the dark here. But, when I try to connect a known good FrSky MLVSS Lipo Sensor to the SmartPort of the S8R, the red LED on the MLVSS flashes fast at first then almost instantly goes to a slower beat, as you would expect when it is communicating with the SmartPort port of the receiver. However, I see no 'ticks' in any of the Cellxx lines or the Ctot line of the Telemetry Logging Page. I do see ticks on RSSI and A1, but those are from the receiver radio side, I think (correct?).
When I switch the MLVSS to a known good S6R, I get readings on Cellxx and Ctot, as expected. I've tried several MLVSS sensors (just received a new delivery of 4), So I'm fairly sure the S8R is the common error point.
I haven't tried adding a vario yet, to see if I get those readings or not (ran out of time tonight -- will be up early tomorrow to go flying!) but I can do that later tomorrow, our time.
That said, I also notice that the S8R does not populate the SxR setup screen on the radio, if I use that page, whereas the S6R populates it as expected.
Any ideas, other than a faulty S8R?
Thanks, for help, in advance.
ozphoenix
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There is no difference in telemetry function between any of the smart port receivers.
Is the sport cable known good? Was the receiver bound with telemetry enabled? Latest receiver firmware?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you are getting RSSI and RxV/A1, then the Rx is sending telemetry.
It does sound as though the S8R may be faulty. Worth trying the vario.
Just checking you are using the SPort (antenna end of the Rx) and not the SBUS connection.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Thanks for the suggestions.
Should have mentioned - yes, I tried several different cables, new and used. I'll check about the 'telemetry enabled at binding', though I've not had to be aware of that previously - I think it's enabled by default - no?
Yes, latest S8R firmware.
I'll look at more things later today - going flying other planes now.
Regards,
Ozphoenix

Kilrah wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:57 pm There is no difference in telemetry function between any of the smart port receivers.
Is the sport cable known good? Was the receiver bound with telemetry enabled? Latest receiver firmware?
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Will check the vario thing later today - going flying now.
Yes, I checked, twice, that I was using the correct port, but thanks for the suggestion. The S8R has a markedly different case (and servo connectors upside down compared to the S6R) so I am very careful to check orientation and location when I am playing with this individual unit :D
Will get back about it later today when I have time to spend on it - for now, I'm off to beat a predicted storm coming across our field later this morning.
Regards,
Ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 pm If you are getting RSSI and RxV/A1, then the Rx is sending telemetry.
Just checking you are using the SPort (antenna end of the Rx) and not the SBUS connection.

Mike
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,

While I was flying today, you got me thinking … did I, didn't I … was it SBUS or SPort...SBUS..SPort??

So, when I got home, I opened up the plane and pulled the bits out of the depths of the fuse … sure enough, I had plugged the MLVSS into the SBUS(!) connector, not the SPort connector. Despite my claims of infallibility, I stuffed up :oops:

Not sure why or how or when that incorrect port stuff started, but once done, I kept repeating the same mistake, once the receiver was down inside the fuse (1270mm Bf109), reaching inside to reconnect each time I tried something different.

Everything works as it should (of course) -- thanks for your suggestion -- it was what forced me to do a re-think. And, to remember to start everything from scratch when I'm totally lost for an explanation.

Now, if you'll just excuse me while I go out to the kitchen, I'll look for a large piece of humble pie! :oops:

Again, thanks for the help and apologies for the distraction.
Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 pm If you are getting RSSI and RxV/A1, then the Rx is sending telemetry.

Mike
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've been looking at how well the user interface works, particularly on the ARUNI board if you only have a rotary encoder. There are a number of places where a MENU key is needed (e.g. changing from a number to a GVAR in a mix where you hold the MENU key for 2 seconds). Using the encoder switch normally won't work as a long press acts like the EXIT button and a short press swaps between navigating and editing.
As a possible solution, I've added a feature of using a "double click" of the encoder button to toggle between numbers and a GVAR.
The driver code to detect a double click has always been present (I removed it from er9x to save flash and RAM space). I may be able to add using such a "double click" on the encoder switch in other areas.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Looking forward to try it.. I think it is a good idea Mike.

Thank You

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Hi Mike,
Some information, if you will, regarding an item on the Protocol Menu. Beside BIND there are parentheses with (normally, in my case) Ver 256 in them. Can you please advise the significance of this Ver 256 and what can you tell me about what is happening (I know, now, what DOES NOT happen!) when the value reads as Ver 0?

Background: Yesterday, after flying a number of my planes and using telemetry with most of them, I was starting to help a clubmate maiden a new plane while using my radio, but he was using an older V8FR-II FrSky receiver. Rightly or wrongly, I set up a new model in my radio and used PPM protocol and the button on the back of my radio to try to bind it, since there is no BIND option when the PPM protocol is selected. Ultimately, before we got that process fully completed (we were fumbling between using or not using a jumper on Ch1&2 of the Rx or the F/S button) we decided to use his radio instead (he's Mode 1, I'm Mode 2) to avoid switching back later.
The maiden was ultimately successful with a different (Mode 1-happy) pilot and I went back to flying my own models. However, even though my planes then flew as normal and with no control problems evident, none of my Telemetry would work. Given the time of the day, the need to fly and the non-essential nature of the telemetry involved (I just used a timer on my batteries and ignored all other messages), I put the problem aside until I got home.
Today, I looked in to it further -- ultimately, after testing a number of model setups and getting the same 'flight control but no telemetry' result, I noticed that I had (Ver 0) beside the BIND option on each of the models I was having telemetry problems with (including a non-flying TEST MODEL that I use for all and sundry such testing, including telemetry) -- I had not changed it or set it to 'Ver 0' but there it was. When I selected BIND and let the radio start its 'beep' sequence, then hit EXIT and went back to the PROTOCOL page without actually re-binding my (previously fine) model, I now had (Ver 256) back and all telemetry began to work, as did all plane control functions.

So, please educate me and explain the significance of this 'Ver' (Version, I assume) and how could it be (erroneously?) set to '0' in a different model than the one I was working on setting up (or, even set to '0' at all) and how was it changed back to Ver 256 today when I hit BIND and how can I prevent the sequence from happening again?

Thanks, in advance, for your enlightenment :)
Regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There was a hardware problem with the XJT module not providing the SWR value. When this was fixed, a "version" value was provided on the SPort telemetry so the radio firmware could decide whether or not to check the SWR value.

My guess is that using PPM (and changing the switches on the module to select the D8 protocol), and then binding put the module into "D8" protocol and hub telemetry mode, which it remembered until you did a bind in D16 protocol. If it was in hub telemetry mode then you wouldn't see the version value (sent only over SPort), or other telemetry.

In passing, rather than using PPM, you could have selected "D8" mode. I think you would have needed a jumper on the Rx to bind anyway. I don't have any V-II receivers, all my "V" receivers are V1 so don't work with the XJT anyway!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
ozphoenix

Post by ozphoenix »

Ok, thanks for the very fast reply -- a little clearer now -- of course, in hindsight, it makes sense :)

In fact, one thing that I noticed today was that the first model I looked at had its Telemetry mode (mysteriously) (re)set to FrSky Hub, which I wasn't using at the time (I have some, but don't have any of them installed), so your idea about the 'D8' and Hub points seems confirmed.

Yes, we realised afterwards that my XJT module (his was a DJT) had the D8 option and we should have used it, instead of stuffing around with the old PPM variant, but by that time we'd moved on to his own radio - ah, well - live and learn.

I also have a few V-II receivers (no V-Is) so I'll keep it in mind for future fiddling with them. Another finer point we later understood is that the DIP-switch settings on the DJT and the XJT, while they may appear similar are, in fact, not the same -- led to a few minutes of head-scratching as well.

All-in-all an interesting two afternoons of re-education, among the frustrations, but it led me to print out the DIP-switch settings of both the modules and the binding instructions for the older V-II (had to go find them in my electronic storage) and re-read them :) :( I've become spoiled with the 'X'- and 'S'-series and SPort sensors :D

That said, I'll know what to avoid and where to look, if I don't, in the future.

Thanks and regards,
ozphoenix
MikeB wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:08 am There was a hardware problem with the XJT module not providing the SWR value. When this was fixed, a "version" value was provided on the SPort telemetry so the radio firmware could decide whether or not to check the SWR value.

My guess is that using PPM (and changing the switches on the module to select the D8 protocol), and then binding put the module into "D8" protocol and hub telemetry mode, which it remembered until you did a bind in D16 protocol. If it was in hub telemetry mode then you wouldn't see the version value (sent only over SPort), or other telemetry.

In passing, rather than using PPM, you could have selected "D8" mode. I think you would have needed a jumper on the Rx to bind anyway. I don't have any V-II receivers, all my "V" receivers are V1 so don't work with the XJT anyway!

Mike
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I still use the old D8, either with a DJT or DHT, or using the multiprotocol module. I personally find it more reliable and the telemetry does everything I need, and very well. Of course, I also use the open source openXsensor (oXs), which is fantastic. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted "R222c4" test version. I've included eepskye executables for windows and linux (not the full installation).
Changes:
1. Add "double click" on encoder button - toggle GVAR
2. Press and hold encoder button for fast editing
For this, you need to select editing first, short press of button, then press and hold the button while rotating the encoder changes items in steps of 20.
3. Delay loading of model scripts
4. Support MOVE for voice alerts
5. Bluetooth Tx signal held low for external power switch
6. Handle unknown SPort IDs
There is a new item under telemetry ("Sensors"), where you define what to do with these.
7. Add trims as Mix sources
8. FrSky XJT Rx numbers default to model slot

eepskye doesn't (yet) support unknown telemetry sensors, but does support the trims as mix sources.

I've added trims as mix sources to allow trims to be handled separately from their sticks, or easily used in mixes if not being used with their sticks.

I have a specific possible use as well. One of my models uses "snakes" for the mechanics for elevator control, but it suffers from temperature changes so requires me to adjust the elevator trim to compensate. However, I also have flight modes set with their own elevator trim, so these need to be adjusted as well. What I could do with is the trim of flight mode 0 to be always used, with the trim of other flight modes to be added!
So I can set up mixes on a "high" channel:
CH17: 100% Etm (FM0)
R 100% CH17 (FM123456)

While FM0 is active, this has the trim of FM0, but when you change to another flight mode it stays where it is.
On the elevator channel:
CH2: +100% Ele (No Trim)
+100% CH17
+100% Etm (FM123456)

Should do what I need!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”