Q7X Telemetry via Multimodule OpenTx 2.2.1

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Daveh

Q7X Telemetry via Multimodule OpenTx 2.2.1

Post by Daveh »

Hi, My QX7 is running OpenTx 2.2.1. It has been working very well so far, on some FRSKY D8 receivers, all without telemetry.

As I have a bunch of FLYSKY AFHDS 2A receivers, I thought that it would be great to use the "4 in 1" multimodule to get all my FRSKY and FLYSKY (and maybe more) working from the same Tx and using the huge power of the OpenTx control possibilities.
Well, it plugged in and worked "out of the box", so I wondered if I could get the telemetry working. This telemetry is the fairly simple flight pack monitoring which already works on my FLYSKY tx with the models i have that are equipped with the right sensor.

It's odd, but the Tx picks up inputs for TRSS, Rx voltage and the external battery voltage (which the system labels as "A3"). All the values are what i would expect.. all looking good.
The problems are.. that when trying to set up an alarm for low voltage in the logical switches section, picking A3 from the list of variables and comparing to a set value of (for example) 8.4v using the a<x function, the switch is never made...as if A3 doesn't exist.. also possibly connected is that the telemetry screen shows the bar graphs for A3 and TRSS correctly, but a message flashes at the bottom of the screen "NO DATA"...

I guess that i am doing something wrong or don't understand part of this....
Can anyone help?

PS... I tried loading 2.2.2 tonight. This just does not see any values being returned.. I scared myself when reflashing to 221 when I bricked the TX....that took an hour to bring back to life....I'd like to avoid that if poss...
Regards, Dave..

Kilrah

Re: Q7X Telemetry via Multimodule OpenTx 2.2.1

Post by Kilrah »

It's most likely the multimodule firmware that you need to update.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

I didn't consider that... so even though the right values are being delivered to the Tx from the module, the module F/W could be suspect?
I was hoping that I was doing something wrong...would be nice to hear from any that have it working..
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

OpenTX expects an RSSI value to be received and considers the lack of that as "no valid telemetry". Pretty sure the Multiprotocol team initially didn't know it and have made a change to work with that at some point.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Just as an exercise, I fitted the module to my 9XR Pro and loaded Ersky9x-r221. This returns telemetry as OpenTx 2.2.1 does on my Q7X. Ersky9X must not treat the values returned in the same way. I can set a logical switch that does see the value drop and activates the switch and so can be made to sound an alarm.
So the only problem in OpenTx is that the value A3 appears to be void, although it is displayed correctly in the telemetry screen.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”