Newb Help with Scripts and S6r

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
Jbird13

Newb Help with Scripts and S6r

Post by Jbird13 »

Hey guys. I kind of made a bad choice when I decided to upgrade all my gear at once for a killer sale lol. I picked up a 9xr pro with xjt module, with an s6r reciever. I Have been spending days and days doing research on this and its not very clear to me. I upgraded my firmware to er9x, I can find the menu for the S6R which is totally cool! but when I load my SD card with the S6R scripts to load to my TX, they dont show up. On the SD card I have, The unzipped file for the S6R script, the .bas file. the original Zipped file as well. But when I start my TX and go to the scripts menu its not there, my screen is blank. What am I doing wrong or missing.???

jhsa

Re: Newb Help with Scripts and S6r

Post by jhsa »

Try creating a folder called "scripts" and put the .bas files inside :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Jbird13

Post by Jbird13 »

Wow that was easy thank you. I now have some follow on questions. According to the pdf page I should be able to change values by selecting menu button. But that is not the case. i can scroll up and down but if i press menu nothing happens, nor left or right. If I hold menu button down it takes me to a different menu for wing type or to the other screen for SXFunctions.

After thought, do I need the receiver powered up and bind to it for the options to change?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes you need the Rx powered and bound. The script reads the values from the Rx, if the Rx is not there, you can't change them!

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Jbird13

Post by Jbird13 »

Ok i finally got to binding the two. I have made adjustments to the S6R previously with the STK tool.. But I still cant made adjustments through the Xmit. through the scripts and also the S6R menu. i have control of the S6R such as servo and throttle..... but cant see it in the menu on the 9Xr.

so S6R is bound
everything on and plugged in.
have control of throttle and servos,
but cant detect in the scripts menu or
on the S6R menu on trans.
also SXR menu doesnt detect S6R
just a summary

so what is next to check?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

We need to check you have the protocol and telemetry set OK,
On the (external) module protocol, you need to use XJT (renamed from PXX) as the protocol, not PPM.
You then bind using the BIND option in the protocol menu.
Now check to see if you are receiving telemetry, do you see a value for RSSI (from the main display, press DOWN LONG to quickly get to the telemetry displays, then use left and right to step through them)?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Jbird13

Post by Jbird13 »

Mike
How do I check check to see if I am set to PXX vs PPM? I know I am in D16 by the dip switches.
the protocol menu, that is within the xmit correct? i couldnt locate it.

Sorry for the Newbness.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

From the main display, press RIGHT LONG, then RIGHT to get to the model edit menu. At the bottom right you should see "Protocol". Use UP to get to it quickly, then press MENU to select. Now select "External" and you may choose the protocol. You will likely need to press MENU to have the highlight flashing to be able to change it. Select "XJT" (PXX on older firmware), then press MENU to stop editing.

MIke
erskyTx/er9x developer
Jbird13

Post by Jbird13 »

Awesome. yeah this software definitely has a learning curve. I am getting RSSI: feeds back!! in the mid 90's at about 5ft away and something else SWR at about 16 or so. I am still not getting a reading back from the S6R. so when i go through the script to the SXR menu, i am still not getting any input from the S6R. In the SXR menu the loading bar on top moves, slowly but moves, then just dissapears with nothing to populate the menu.

I just wanted to say this is great that your helping, the software is great and customer service is second to none!!! ill be staying on this for a while !!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What revision of the firmware do you have on the 'PRO? Go LEFT LONG, then select the "Version" option. What do you have on the "VERS:" line?

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
Jbird13

Post by Jbird13 »

VERS: ersky9x-r221
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, please download and flash a test version from here: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676.
I note that I have a comment of "Fix SPort telemetry passing to script bug" since R221 was released.
You might as well use the most recent "ersky9xProvR222b6.zip". While called test versions, they are fully functional, usually only the specific item(s) described under each test version may have a problem.

You might try the dedicated menu for the S6R/S8R and see if that works first.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
EdwardMcRichy

Post by EdwardMcRichy »

Jbird13 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:51 pm Awesome. yeah this software definitely has a learning curve. I am getting RSSI: feeds back!! in the mid 90's at about 5ft away and something else SWR at about 16 or so. I am still not getting a reading back from the S6R. so when i go through the script to the SXR menu, i am still not getting any input from the S6R. In the SXR menu the loading bar on top moves, slowly but moves, then just dissapears with nothing to populate the menu.

I just wanted to say this is great that your helping, the software is great and customer service is second to none!!! ill be staying on this for a while !!
Hopefully this helps with the learning curve (shameless plug) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2dWs- ... jmtfbEkJcb
When I'm not flying I'm dreaming of flying, when I'm not dreaming of flying.....I'm asleep

Return to “ersky9xr”