Frsky XJT module and GPS telemetry data

All mods related to the frsky telemetry series of the firmware
LucianoZan

Frsky XJT module and GPS telemetry data

Post by LucianoZan »

I'm using an XJT module on a Graupner MX-22 radio and an X8R receiver with vario and GPS sensors.

I have Frsky Dashboard connected to XJT thru S.Port to display telemetry data and I can read all the telemetry values but the GPS data are missing.

GPS is enabled in settings screen and if I connect the Dashboard directly to the S.Port of the receiver X8R the GPS data is displayed correctly.

In order to have X8R connected I had to bind X8R in mode1 (D8 - jumper ch7-ch8) and XJT in D8 mode (sw1 on - sw2 off). I haven't been able to bind X8R using mode 5 (no jumper) and XJT D16 mode.

Any suggestion?

Luciano

LutzB

Re: Frsky XJT module and GPS telemetry data

Post by LutzB »

This might be related to the D8 mode. Are you shure, that the module and receiver use the same firmware (EU or non EU)? You should be able to bind in D16 mode if the versions match.
LucianoZan

Re: Frsky XJT module and GPS telemetry data

Post by LucianoZan »

Module and receiver have EU Firmware and X8R binds with XJT module but no PWM output on the channels.

Using D16 mode telemetry data are complete but no PWM output. Using D8 mode channels are OK but telemetry data incomplete.

I've read about this problem here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -XJT/page2

The problem seems solved downgrading XJT firmware... well... I'm going to try it!

Return to “FRSky Telemetry Mods”