A way to assign a binding switch with multiprotocole irx4? solved!

ersky9xr is the port of the er9x firmware to the 9XRPRO radio.
tetramonium

A way to assign a binding switch with multiprotocole irx4? solved!

Post by tetramonium »

Hi
I play with an eachine E011 with 9xr pro (r221g7), irangex irx4 (v1.1.6.21 , bayang protocol) and pleasure.
I use the !ELE switch to disable throttle.
Is there a way to assign another switch for binding when my throttle is disable.
The idea is to not shut down 9xr pro when I change E011 battery.
Sorry for my poor english.
Christophe
Last edited by tetramonium on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kilrah

Re: A way to assign a binding switch?

Post by Kilrah »

The module can accept a binding command on one of the channels, but it might be needed to reflash it to enable the functionality.
tetramonium

Re: A way to assign a binding switch?

Post by tetramonium »

ok
If I read well, I could update my irx4 with my 9xr pro but I need first update the irx4 bootloader.
Do you know if I can update the bootloader with an usb to ttl converter 2102 I have https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-USB- ... rehouse=CN
or I need ftdi?
Thanks
Christophe
tetramonium

Re: A way to assign a binding switch with multiprotocole irx4?

Post by tetramonium »

I find information here:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Mul ... Details.md
and I don't need to update my module for this

Thanks to all the developers for their great job.
Christophe

"
Enable Bind from channel feature:
Bind from channel can be globally enabled/disabled in _config.h using ENABLE_BIND_CH.
Bind from channel can be locally enabled/disabled by setting Autobind to Y/N per model for serial or per dial switch number for ppm.
Bind channel can be choosen on any channel between 5 and 16 using BIND_CH in _config.h. Default is 16.
Bind will only happen if all these elements are happening at the same time:
Autobind = Y
Throttle = LOW (<-95%)
Bind channel is going from -100% to +100%

Additional notes:
It's recommended to combine Throttle cut with another button to drive the bind channel. This will prevent to launch a bind while flying...
Bind channel does not have to be assigned to a free channel. Since it only acts when Throttle is Low (and throttle cut active), it could be used on the same channel as Flip for example since you are not going to flip your model when Throttle is low... Same goes for RTH and such other features.
Using channel 16 for the bind channel seems the most relevant as only one protocol so far is using 16 channels which is FrSkyX. But even on FrSkyX this feature won't have any impact since there is NO valid reason to have Autobind set to Y for such a protocol.
"

Return to “ersky9xr”