Setting failsafe

tgy9x is a fork of er9x, and is the default firmware that is released by hobbyking on the Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
jirka525

Setting failsafe

Post by jirka525 »

Hi I would like to set failsafe mode on RX S8R. I tested all modes in menu Protocol -> failsafe and I can't set, when RX loose signal, switch off the trotle and switch on the stabilization. Can You help me?
Thank you Jirka

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Setting failsafe

Post by MikeB »

What firmware are you using on you radio?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jirka525

Post by jirka525 »

Thank for your answer Mike. I have ersky9x-R220. Module XJT
Jirka
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have a note in the changelog for the next release that I fixed a "Failsafe bug".
Please backup you existing firmware and EEPROM, then flash the firmware (ersky9xr_rom.bin) from ersky9xProvR221f4.zip found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4676.

With this, the failsafe settings should work. Note that after setting the failsafe values, you may need to wait up to 10 seconds for them to be sent to the receiver.

This firmware is quite stable, and is likely to be the next release (r221), possibly with some minor changes.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jirka525

Post by jirka525 »

Thank you for answer. Unfortunately, upgrading the firmware to version 221F4 did not help. It seems to me that only the failsafe mode can be selected. For me, either RX or user mode would be appropriate. Unfortunately, I'm not able to set up the failsafe mode on the receiver, so I can not use it now. In User mode, I can not adjust parameters on the transmitter again. For example, a Trottle -100% and so on. Is there any way to set it up? Thank you for answer.
Jirka

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Witht the protocol set to XJT, go down to the Failsafe line and select "Custom". Now press MENU LONG, you should get a screen where you may set the required failsafe values, e.g. set the throttle channel to -100%.
The failsafe settings should be sent to the Rx every 10 seconds, although they should be sent shortly after you have changed a value.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jirka525

Post by jirka525 »

MikeB very thank You for the advice. The RX works well now. I set it to user mode and after communication break is switching off the motor a setting up the stabilization.
Jirka

Return to “tgy9xr”