er9x V2 = mbtx

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: er9x V2 = mbtx

Post by MikeB »

Due to the fact that I don't actually use er9x itself these days (my main radio used for flying is a Taranis plus running ersky9x, with a QX7 for some indoor models), I don't have as much incentive to work on er9x, so progress is rather slow.
However, the first post of this thread has a new test version of er9xV2 (called mbtx). The zip file contains builds for 2561, 128 and 64 processors, with the 64 having two builds, one for no voice module or a parallel voice module and the other for a serial voice module. Also included is an attempt to get eepe working with these. This is called eepeV2.exe and needs to be copied into your eepe install directory (windows version only so far).

eepeV2 may well have some errors in it, and the simulator is not quite fully correct. It does, however, have a conversion routine in it to convert from V1 EEPROM models. Backup your EEPROM from V1 and save it as a file. This should then open in eepeV2, converting the models. Alternatively, open the saved file in eepe, and have eepeV2 running at the same time, then drag and drop models from the V1 window into the V2 window.

My intention is to now get this all tested and then future development on er9x will be on this version.

I think the radio code is all OK, but it is very difficult to test everything. eepeV2 may have several different types of error:
1. Something on the radio is missing in eepeV2.
2. Something is present in eepeV2, but is not on the radio.
3. Something in eepeV2 doesn't work the same as on the radio.

Note that on the M64 versions, some of the hardware options do not exist in the radio. This is to save flash space, and these need to be set in eepeV2 then written to the radio. These items should not need changing unless you do a hardware mod to the radio.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, in first place thanks for this.. I have a question though.
I will be very happy to flash this to my m2561 radio, but it is heavily modded with 2 extra pushbuttons (voice module) on the back of the radio, serial voice module, and the ELE switch changed to 3 position. Can't remember what else :)
Will this version of the firmware work with it as it is?
Would love to be able to have internal and external modules on this radio :) If the there was the possibility to use a pin expander to provide more pins and use them for PPM / Serial out among other things, my little RF module power switch project would do the rest to switch both modules power ON and OFF depending on the signal being sent or not, exactly as with my other radios.. This proved to be working really well.

With the Ar9x, 9xtreme, and skyboard all discontinued, this could take the 9x radio to another level. At least with the m2561, as it also doubles the RAM.

Thanks

João

EDIT: I bought some of those ICs to expand the number of pins a while ago, remember mentioning them a couple years ago? :D
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

All the hardware support is in place to handle all those mods, including two push buttons.
I'm not sure regarding having two module signals, this will need some thought, and I need to get the basics all working first.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Well, I have the chips in case you can add some more I/O :)

João

EDIT: I could probably design a PCB for a voice module including this chip :) I don't remember if it uses i2C or serial :)
It wouldn't be easy for the normal user to build though.. it would have to be SMD so it fits inside the radio :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi !!
I was trying to test, but .....
After writing the mbtx-2561 firmware, and generating the eeprom by eepeV2 and also writing to TX, I get the message from BAD EEPROM DATA.
I have the serial Megasound, Mod Frsky, M2561 and haptic.

Marco.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

OK, I can fix that. In the meantime, if you let the radio format the EEPROM, then read it into eepeV2, it should then write back correctly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

HI,

I'm testing on my M128, after writing the eeprom, the message "BAD EEPROM" appears. After formatting, my PB1, PB2, PC0 settings do not work. I would like to test PB7 and L-WR as input, they do not work in V1 version. Only PC0 and PG5 (M2561) work.

Marco.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Well, you can select them as input on V1..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In V2, if you select one of these as the source to convert a switch from a 2-pos to a 3-pos switch, then the pin should be set as an input automatically, and the switch then work as a 3-pos switch.

I'll need to open up my '2561 tx in order to test this. I have the ELE switch as a 3-pos switch on it, but it is using a pin on the serial megasound board.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

jhsa wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm Well, you can select them as input on V1..

João
Neither in the V1 version does it work, marking L-WR and PB7 as input. It does not appear anywhere in the r820 or r822 firmware, or where you test the switches, only PB1 and PB2. PC0 and PG5 function as 3 positions, scoring in AIL and ELE, but PB7 and L-WR do not work, even putting those pins to 3 positions and marking as input do not work.Need to put some resistor or just turn on the GND?

Nem na versão V1 funciona, marcando L-WR e PB7 como entrada. Não aparece em lugar algum no firmware r820 ou r822, nem onde testas as chaves, apenas PB1 e PB2. PC0 e PG5 funcionam como 3 posiçoes, marcando em AIL e ELE , mas PB7 e L-WR não funcionam, mesmo colocando esses pinos para 3 posições e marcando como entrada não funcionam.Precisa colocar algum resistor ou apenas ligar no GND ?
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm In V2, if you select one of these as the source to convert a switch from a 2-pos to a 3-pos switch, then the pin should be set as an input automatically, and the switch then work as a 3-pos switch.

I'll need to open up my '2561 tx in order to test this. I have the ELE switch as a 3-pos switch on it, but it is using a pin on the serial megasound board.

Mike.
In V2 i receive the message " BAD EEPROM DATA".
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've re-wired my ELE switch to PB7 in my '2561 running er9xV2, and when I set the ELE switch to use PB7 it all works.
Note that LCD-WR is PC4. [Edit: to use this signal you need to remove a resistor from the board]
I'll test other signals if necessary, although I have PC6 and PC7 re-wired as the telemetry mod.

I assume you are enabling the hardware menu to set these by holding the left horizontal trim to the left at power on.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just added an updated eepeV2 to the first post, simply extract the .exe from the .zip file and copy it into your eepe directory.
This should fix the "Bad EEPROM" message you get if you create an EEPROM on the Pc and flash it to the radio.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 pm I've re-wired my ELE switch to PB7 in my '2561 running er9xV2, and when I set the ELE switch to use PB7 it all works.
Note that LCD-WR is PC4. [Edit: to use this signal you need to remove a resistor from the board]
I'll test other signals if necessary, although I have PC6 and PC7 re-wired as the telemetry mod.

I assume you are enabling the hardware menu to set these by holding the left horizontal trim to the left at power on.

Mike.

I have enabled the hardware menu (I had forgotten), In version V1, I configured PC4 (L-WR) as PB2 and it is always in 1 in the diagnotic menu of the keys. In version V2, mbtx-128.hex(last) PC4 as PB2 works.

Summing up.
All the inputs seem to work in V2 version.
In version V1(r821), only L-WR appears as triggered (Value 1)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

For some reason, it seems I haven't added the code to properly use the L-WR signal on V1, half the code is there!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi Mike,

I find another bug... mbtx128 ,PB2 does not save after restarting the TX, PB2 does not appear on the keys diagnotic(PB2 back to "NONE").

Tks Mike !!!!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Found that bug, it was a bit obscure. The last byte of the radio data wasn't being saved.
I've posted updated files on the first post.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Now working !!!

Thanks Mike !!!

Marco.
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi Mike :oops:

In "minus one minute" it says "102". "55" and "minutes." So successively in negative minutes. Version V1.139-, V2-pr822, 11/06/2017.
Can you verify the same?

PS: I am now using the parallel version of megasound, for tests.
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi Mike,
My tests,
These on the main processor:
PB7- OK input
PC0-OK input
PC4(LCD_WR)-OKinput
PC6-OK (for frsky mod)input
PC7-OK (for frsky mod)input
PG2-OK (for haptic mod) output
PG5- OK (2561 only) input
The following on the MegaSound module:(whereas internal pull up resistor for input)
XPB0 (EXT1 on V1)-OK input
XPB1 backlight-OK output
XPC0 pin 23(fron m328p) - Dont work for input(set PB1 or PB0)
XPD2 pin 32(fron m328p) - Dont work for input(set PB1 or PB0)
XPD3 - used for LV trim acelerador trim OK input
XPD4 - used for LV trim acelerador trim OK input
XPD7 (EXT2 on V1) OK input

XPC1,XPC2 and XPC3 to be used as analog inputs?

Marco.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It may well be that the Megasound board code is not sending back XPCO and XPD2. Some of these changes were done by someone else, who was also changing some things on the Megasound. I'll need to check what the Megasound board is sending.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the Megasound firmware, as on Github, does NOT send those I/O bits back.
At around line 221 in ymodem.c in the Megasound firmware, you could try changing to:

Code: Select all

#ifdef TRIM_ON_DATA
			newData = Busy | ( (~PIND >> 1) & 0x4E) ; // CHANGE
			newData |= (~PINB) & 0x01 ;
			newData |= (~PINB) & 0x02 ? 0x10 : 0 ; // ADD
			newData |= (~PINC) & 0x01 ? 0x20 : 0 ; // ADD
			TxData[2] = newData ;
#else
			newData = TxData[2] = Busy | (~PINC & 0x0C) ;
#endif
then thay may well work.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Thanks Mike,

And when the countdown is less than zero? It does not say "minus a minute".
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have the fix for that, I'll try to post updated files later today.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Thanks Mike,

take your time.

Marco.
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

MikeB wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 am I have the fix for that, I'll try to post updated files later today.

Mike.
Ok work now !!!
Only I'm testing this version? I feel alone. Brazil is in crisis, not even thinking about buying a Qx7.
Can I test something specific, Mike?

Thanks Mike !!

Marco.
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: er9x V2 = mbtx

Post by jhsa »

kmargos wrote: Only I'm testing this version? I feel alone.
Marco.
I did actually start testing it a while ago, but I remember I would have had to make a few changes to my radio if I wanted to keep some of the current features I have. I have decided that radio had enough modding and it is working perfectly well with normal Er9x and all its features.

I will probably only mod that radio again if there is a new powerful board like the 9xtreme or Ar9x being produced again. Otherwise it will stay as it is. :)

I did nearly all the 9x mods that could be done in the past ;)

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What changes would you need to make? I didn't think there were any hardware mods that would need re-doing or changing when moving to V2.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I remember I had to change some connections to some pins on the processor for my radio to have the same features, something like that. And that made me want to stay with the current firmware. I would need to go back and read the thread to remember exactly what it was..

This radio was the one that gave me more work to put together so far, and to be honest I don't want to chanhe anything on it hardwarewise. It is perfect as it is for a stock board 9x, with m2561of course..

But I will try to find out what the reason was..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kmargos

Post by kmargos »

Hi ,

A strange noise is occurring on the beeper signal input line.
This happens when I set the vibration, it seems that there is another parallel signal at the output of pin 5 of the microcontroller.

I think it's in firmware.Some signal is sent along with the beeper output pin (buzzer).

See this videos Noise Before and after press for beeper signal

My schematic mod.

Marco.
Attachments
modificações.png

Return to “er9x”