ERSKYTx (was ersky9x) Questions

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9x Questions

Post by MikeB »

Internally, the constant value being compared is stored in a single byte (0-255). To be able to compare up to 50.0V, each step is 0.2V.

What are you using the logical switch for?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

playlet

Post by playlet »

For low voltage alarm. First warning at 14.2-14.4, final warning at < 14.2V :)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you using the logical switch to trigger a voice alert? If so, you don't need to do that, use the source and test options in the voice alert directly. This will allow steps of 0.1V.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
playlet

Post by playlet »

Yes, I am. I can't use voice alert directly because I have it set up to trigger in a range of voltage.

4s battery:
13.0-14.2 critical alarm
14.2-14.4 first alarm

L1 fasv > 13.0
L2 fasv < 14.2
LA and L1 L2

3s battery:
09.6-10.6 critical alarm
10.6-10.8 first alarm

am I missing a simpler way to do the same thing?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You should be able to do the AND function in the voice alert.
VA1:
Source FASV
Func. v<val
Value 14.5
Switch L2

Switch L2:
Fasv > 14.2

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

playlet

Post by playlet »

That should reduce the number of logical switches needed for the job, thanks Mike! :)
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

Recently I asked a year ago whether or not this time I was able to do something about the program to open logs file with Ersky?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I haven't added anything to eepskye to view the log files created by ersky9x.
I have added the "Logging" options where you may choose which items are written to the log file, the default is all.
Using either Excel or Open Office, I find it quite quick to display a graph from the data.

Maybe one day I can find time to program a "view log file" option into eepskye.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

It would be great if you found a moment to address it. We would be happy to help you test this functionality.
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

Mike, I have a problem, I uploaded the latest version of R221c8 (firmware and bootloader 2.5) and my device stopped working, I can not turn it on only black screen. When I bootloader I only have a black screen. Only the firmware upload menu works, everything else is black. How can I fix this if the bootloader menu does not work? Never before has there been a problem with a rare version. I have 9XR Pro.

Edit.
Ok, I uploaded the release version 220 and the device started working. Bootload menu also, but after uploading 221c8 again black screen everywhere so something is not quite as it should be. Maybe in the next update you can fix it.
Version 221c7 works well.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

How are you flashing you radio? Are you using SAM-BA, or the bootloader where you get two hard drives appearing?

I just double checked by flashing both the main firmware and the bootloader from "c8" to a 9XR-PRO and it is all working.
Did you use the file "ersky9xr_rom.bin"?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
mrozilla

Post by mrozilla »

Yes, I used the file "ersky9xr_rom.bin"? I always use this file and I upload almost every latest version and it always works.
I connect Turnigy to PC, 2 disks appear. I upload the file to the "firmware" folder. I turn Turnigy hold trimmers in and I upload the latest version. I always do the same and always works. I downloaded the file again and once again I uploaded it to the device and now it's all right. Very strange, earlier file 2 times I uploaded and always was black screen. It appears that either badly downloaded or badly copied to the device although no errors were ...
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Mike, got a question for you.
I am wanting to cobble a pair of Taranis 'sliders' (pots with ears!) onto my Sky Rev B1 board.
Jhsa has kindly directed me to his mod for the same on the Ar9X board and I am wondering if the Sky board has suitable pinouts available to do the same/similar.

Many thanks in advance.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Much more difficult on the Sky board. There are two ADC channels needed. On the Sky board, one of these is used for the Tx current sense and the other is used as a digital output for the write line to the LCD. On the AR9X board, there is no current sense and the LCD write line is grounded, freeing off the ADC signal.

The LCD signal is useable on the Sky board as an analog input, but you MUST make sure it has some series resistance at all times as the LCD driver drives it low. See this post (and the following posts) for some details: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5468&p=77769&hilit= ... log#p77769.

For the other input, you would need to give up the current sense, and I would need to see if the firmware supports the alternative use.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, so on the Ar9x board could we also use the LCD line for another slider?

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Many, many thanks Mike - that was most helpful. And the heads up on the other thread ... which I had already asked the same! Ooops!
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

jhsa wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:38 amMike, so on the Ar9x board could we also use the LCD line for another slider?
The current sense is on ADC8, the LCD_WR signal is on ADC10, so you only have those 2 "spare" on the AR9X.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, thanks. So I'm already using both. One for a slider, and the other for the 3 position switch.
I thought there was still another one ;)

João

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

I have a problem with random TX reboots whilst setting up my 450L helicopter. Sky9X Rev.B M4 chipped board, running C8 test version. Using an OrangeRX module in the rear, which is the first time that has been in the TX since fitting the M4 chip. Module has never caused problems before, and is fine in my AR9X M4 board.

Have checked on the stats screen and reason for boot is 'WATCHDOG with a number 2 showing. CPU temp showing as 28deg.

Had no reboots at all until now. Any ideas?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Does it only reboot when the module is in?
Odd if it is fine in the AR9X, since the circuitry is pretty much the same on both.
Do you have "Invert COM1" set? If yes, note the XMEGA device on the Orange module supports inverting the serial output in hardware, so you should compile the Multi code with "INVERT_TELEMETRY" defined and then you won't need "Invert COM1".

Mike.

"Hows about ErSky9X for Horus??? Heh heh!" - Well, I've been "playing" with my prototype board, I have things on the display, and I'm reading all the buttons, all the analog inputs, the rotary encoder and the trims currently and can see tham working using debug data on the display. Lots still to do though!
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

It is strange Mike. The module (bear in mind it is of the first generation Orange module about 5 years old I think! Not one of the new things.) is the same one I have used in the same TX for years, have never changed the settings for it in the TX and never had an issue - until now.

That being said, and this is really strange - it only happens when I am sat at the desk with the heli on it, with the mini vbar connected to my laptop. If I go sit on my lounge chair about 8ft away it is 100% fine. Never seen the likes of that before.

ErSky9X(Horus) a-go-go by the sounds of it then shortly! Awesome stuff Mike! Might make it worth having after all!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

RCHH, have you done the rebooting trim fix on your radio ? Rebooting Trim Fix: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=3594&start=120#p69475).
I did have one 9x radio with the M64 chip that was rebooting several years ago and the rebooting Trim Fix, fixed the problem.
The trim ground fix may not be where the cause is for your problem.
Thought I mention it so you could consider it's probability.
I do all the rebooting Trim Fixes on all the 9x radios I work on to increase there reliability.

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Hi bob,
Thanks for the reply. I have not done that fix, as I can confirm the reboots are not related to the trim switches. Have never had a reboot when using trims, and on this model I have never used any trims anyway.
However, it is something I will have a looksee at.

Many thanks again.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

bob195558 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:40 pm RCHH, have you done the rebooting trim fix on your radio ?
That only applies to the stock board, not any of the replacement ones.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Kilrah wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:14 am
bob195558 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:40 pm RCHH, have you done the rebooting trim fix on your radio ?
That only applies to the stock board, not any of the replacement ones.
Thought so.
To continue with the issue, whether it is related or not, my laptop decided to release copious amounts of magic smoke early this morning - the screen wiring harness fried itself by way of shorting out on the screen hinge workings. I wonder if some nasty RF was being emitted in it's travel towards wiring harness heaven?
Using another laptop of the same spec today thete have been no reboots at all.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Wow, "nice"...
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Yeah lol! But hopefully £1.80 for a new harness and another £6 for a hinge assembly and some profanities reassembling it will see it all good again! Cannot afford to lose that laptop!

Thankfully the hard drive is OK!

Note to self: Do not forget to back up ones data! Lol!
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

To really use the Horus, particularly the display, will take a while. At present, I'm just displaying a 128 by 64 image in monochrome, but double size so using 256 by 128 pixels. The display is actually 480 by 272 16-bit colour!
Reading the SD card and voice/beep output is now working. Also, I don't have an RF module, so testing that will be a problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, just thinking here (very rare :) ), what is the possibility of connecting such a color display to an ArUni board for example? Would it be too much for the processor? The ArUni can be installed in custom cases..

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Virtually none! The processor on the Horus is 208 pins, and uses a large external SDRAM to store the screen image for the display. Unlike the LCDs on the other transmitters where you just send the screen image and it is displayed until you change it. the colour display operates like a TV screen where you continually send the required image as scan lines. The processor on the Horus includes the ability to do this from the SDRAM. Each pixel requires 16 bits of data, and it is 480 by 272, so needs an image buffer of 261,000 bytes. In practice, you need two such buffers so one is being displayed while you draw the next image in a second buffer, so a minimum of 522,000 bytes of RAM.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”