ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by MikeB »

I'll see about getting back to doing something about the Horus. The main problem is I've only got a prototype main board and display, no case and no production version.
I can build code for it, I've got some test code running, as usual, it will need some time. Also, don't expect fancy graphics, they will take rather longer.

I've just got the bootloader sorted for the '4S8, as well as the page size being different, you can't use the "erase and write page" command. You have to erase several pages, then write them. Anyway, the bootloader now checks the chip ID and adjusts itself to do the correct thing.

I'll post a "c7" test version in a few minutes, when all the versions have been built.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, any other new goodies / fixes to be tested?

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Not unless you have AFHDS2A telemetry running on Multi.

RCHH: To use SAM-BA again, having flashed the code once, plug in the USB, hold the TRN switch on then power on. This starts you in the SAM-BA bootloader.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
tsenecal

Post by tsenecal »

Mike,

i have been compiling ersky9x in a ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine... works fine, does the job. I am actually running a windows 10 box, and/or a macintosh running 10.9.5.. and would like to start compiling it (ersky9x) on those machines as well... i know you have said you compile in windows, what are the steps to getting a build environment working on windows... or do you use windows only to build eepe/eepskye?

an a different note... when will you be merging back with the git repository? my git of master is getting way behind your seemingly hourly releases... or am i just an idiot when it comes to get, and i need to clone another branch other than master.... thanks

links to other posts would work fine, i don't mind digging if this info has already been covered.
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

MikeB wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm Not unless you have AFHDS2A telemetry running on Multi.

RCHH: To use SAM-BA again, having flashed the code once, plug in the USB, hold the TRN switch on then power on. This starts you in the SAM-BA bootloader.

Mike.
Done C7 for the Sky9X Rev.B board Mike.

The only thing I have yet to do is set date/time. I am correct in assuming that will need the co-processor enabling?

Just a thought on firmware naming in your test versions, would it be prudent to label it with something to denote it requires the SAM4 processor?

As for Horus ErSky9X - I could get my Horus to you...
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

tsenecal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pmwhat are the steps to getting a build environment working on windows?
I think all you need is the ARM compiler. I use a Yagarto build.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

RCHH: The co-processor should be running and you just need to set the date-time. You do have a battery on the co-processor don't you?
I will name versions when they do require the SAM4 processor. At the moment, they configure themselves based on the Chip ID, so nothing requires the SAM4.

I can do quite a bit on the Horus prototype board before I will need an actual Horus.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Yes battery connected as before. But menu long does not set time etc.

I recall similar from a long time ago, but cannot recall the remedy.

No probs on the Horus, but you are welcome to mine anytime.
The simpleton asked "Hows about ErSky9X for Horus???". And the Genius from Dorset replied "Why not indeed? I shall get right onto it!" And then there was light on Horus! And it was good!
tsenecal

Post by tsenecal »

MikeB wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 pm
tsenecal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pmwhat are the steps to getting a build environment working on windows?
I think all you need is the ARM compiler. I use a Yagarto build.

Mike.
thanks.

found a yagarto installation for mac os x as well, i can compile on whichever machine is handy
tsenecal

Post by tsenecal »

Mike,

i see from the git tool that there are basically two branches, "master", and "next"... i presume "master" is stable, and "next" is where you are pulling to make your daily/hourly changes?
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

this is the only place I have found any reference to the number of models in 9xtreme.
Please tell me where this is referenced if I missed something.
My 9xtreme does not handle the number of models the same way that the ar9x and 9xrpro do.
for example in eepesky I can't copy a model from one slot to another after slot 32 (or at least it does not show up on the computer screen).
I am using ersky9xProvR221c6.zip and eepesky from the test page.

The SD card status is also different for the 9Xtreme.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Probably an error in eepskye, I'll take a look.

Mike.

Edit: Found and fixed the bug, I'll post a test version when I have time.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

tsenecal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 pmi see from the git tool that there are basically two branches, "master", and "next".
I had some trouble merging "next" into master, so I've decided to just keep "master" updated, so ignore "next" and just clone/update your master branch.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

thanks ahead of time Mike!
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Mike,
I have found an oddity with test ver.C7 on my SAM4 chipped Sky Rev.B1 board that could be the copro/date/time setting issue.

When checking Radio Setup > version, it shows as MOD REVB, but no copro info on the screen.

I booted in hardware screen avail. mode and the board is default ticked as an AR9X. Untick it and the copro info shows.

However, on rebooting, the AR9X tick is on again and no copro info. In addition, attempts to update the copro in maint. mode fails.

Any ideas gratefully accepted.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Missed that one. As I've only modified an AR9X board, this is getting ticked correctly for me.
I've just posted a test version for SKY/AR9X only that sould fix that.

tedbmoss: I've also posted a copy of eepskye that should fix the model copy problem for the 9Xtreme.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

MikeB wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:37 pm Missed that one. As I've only modified an AR9X board, this is getting ticked correctly for me.
I've just posted a test version for SKY/AR9X only that sould fix that.

tedbmoss: I've also posted a copy of eepskye that should fix the model copy problem for the 9Xtreme.

Mike.
Outstanding Mike. Confirmed can now untick AR9X.

One more thing - have you seen This Module yet?

My apologies if it has already been covered herein.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I wouldn't get that module yet. Please read the last couple pages of the multiprotocol thread on RCG. It seems the RF stage might not be the same as the modules being sold before..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

I was not intending to get one. Already have all the things it does in my little Devo7E.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've already built a STM based 4-in-1 module, although I think the RF module may not be giving full power as when testing FrSky I get a low RSSI value. I have just received today another AVR based module. I'm intending to transplant the RF module from it into the STM one. It was cheaper to get the whole AVR module than to just buy the RF part. I can also test the RF part in the AVR module before I move it.
In order to test out other parts of the 4-in-1 I also got a tiny E010 quad (that's my excuse anyway!). When my wife saw it she did say "I could try flying that!".

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Haha! I have a couple of the JJRC H36's on the way for my two girls. I like the 'ducted' props - much safer than the CX10's they have virtually destroyed!
For a tenner a piece has to be worth it!
Only thing is it means getting another Devo 7E or they will squabble like hell if one has to use the standard 'gamepad' controller. Well, that is my excuse ...

I really ought to have a go at making a multi-module for my 9X. I have all the gear for etching boards and all the rest of the detritus here. Somewhere! Lol!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I have just etched another one :) Onboard Glow plug driver :D Yeah I know, but I love the noise. :)

I also have (or better my Son has) a E010. He did actually learn to fly with it.. And now it is doing much better with the model airplane already.. Already landed last week :) That was (and keep being) my excuse for the moment :)

By the way Mike, we are using the trainer over SBUS with the DIY low power Frsky compatible receivers installed inside my radios. It works really well, and no momentary loss of trainer signal as with the bluetooth. The only problem I find when doing training is that the student's radio will swamp the telemetry on my radio if we are too close to each other.. This also happens if i fly normally and am too close to one of my mates. Even if he has a Spektrum radio..
But nothing to do with the receiver or the trainer setup :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

Nothing wrong with burning nitro! I have to find a reasonably priced replacement for my Aeolus 50 sometime. Shame they went out of production. Nice 600 class 0.50 sized heli.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

João: Could you post an eepm for the E010? I have been looking for the channels settings for the flip modes etc. but haven't found them (yet).
I'm just about to try flying it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Sorry, only saw your post now. here it is..

I think there are some versions of the quad (like mine) that use the NRF24L01 RF chip, and some others that use the frsky protocol.

Ch5 is flip, use a momentary switch with a 1-shot logical switch. maybe for this quad is not necessary using a LS, but it works.

Ch16 is the bind switch

João
Attachments
E010.eepm
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Thanks, I'll look at that now.
I got it flying first using the supplied Tx.
Then I have managed to get the multi module to bind, although I kept needing to select the bind option. I needed to dial in quite a lot of expo, maybe it just needs lower rates. I'm also thinking it might benefit from a curve on the throttle.
I've just set up CH16, waiting for the battery to charge to try that.
I did need to know the CH5 setting. Does that just do the flip setting or does it include the headless option?
The instructions are interesting to say the least.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
RCHH

Post by RCHH »

With the Deviation firmware on my 7E, the tiny whoop clones like the cheap E010 (not the ones bind n fly with DSMX or FrSky receivers with the naked fcb's and FPV cameras already on them that are very near the Inductrix originals) and the H36's that use the NRF24L01, they do rebind on every power up, but is done without button pressing. Same with the Cheerson CX10 series and several others as well.

And the tiny whoops are VERY quick ... like wasps on amphetamines! Haha! Great fun!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

They bind on power up if you turn the quad before the radio. I'm from the old school so i refuse to do that :) Therefore I use the bind switch. Just turn the radio ON, power the quad, flick the bind switch and I'm flying.. Before someone says that it is not safe, this was well discussed on the multiprotocol thread and Pascal implemented it to be safe. otherwise I wouldn't be using it, that's for sure :)

On my Son's E010 i don't need any expo or reducing the rates..
Of course, with Ersky9x you can set it up the way you want.. :)
Mike, is yours using the same protocol as the one I've posted above??

João

EDIT: By the way, you will get addicted to it :) :mrgreen:

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

I ordered mine.

eepesky update april 1 works ok as far as I can tell.
tedbmoss

Post by tedbmoss »

eepsky april 1 2017 test version seems to work ok. thanks again Mike.

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”