Leader Hobby module for Turnigy 9X?

Want to get your own 9x? Don't know where to buy one? Looking for spares?
thk

Post by thk »

Hello,

I would like to remove the stock module that came with my Turnigy 9X and replace it with the following module:

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001220452

Can anyone confirm if this module will work in the 9X and bind to Hobby King's V2 receivers such as this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... %5FV2.html

I have over twenty of these in use and would really like a completely removable module (with the antenna coming out of the module, not the Tx). For $16 this would be a great way to go, if it works with my receivers....

Thanks for any help with this!

GrootWitbaas

Re: Leader Hobby module for Turnigy 9X?

Post by GrootWitbaas »

From the looks of it yes, but only way for sure is to try it. looks like the right one any way, and for $16 you can't really go wrong. if it does not work then you can always sell it on ebay :D
General trouble maker and wannabee Dev
kaos

Post by kaos »

yes, I just confirmed it.

I used the module sent by Ghosth, looks identical from leaderhobby (label on module looks identical).
I bond the HK v2 6ch Rx and functions great.
thk

Post by thk »

Thanks, kaos.

I ordered two, let's hope they come back in stock before the flying season is over...
kaos

Post by kaos »

what flying season? you fly rain or shine, day or night. equip them with night light and water proofing. if you are at 30 below put a heater on it. :mrgreen:

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Question?
If this FlySky module is plugged into a 9x that's had the 9x unused pins reconfigured to use the modified DJT
module for tememetry, will the 9x be damaged?
SM
Crucial

Post by Crucial »

Crucial

Post by Crucial »

I kind of mangled mine a bit more than I like but it does the job. You have to isolate the second and fifth pins. It looks to me like the fifth pin isn't connected to anything so I just cut a groove around the second pin and verified it broke the connection with a multimeter.
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337828046.562481.jpg
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Crucial wrote:See this post

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=223#p8147
If it's my post your referencing to I did it! It made sense to issolate the pin connections in the FkySky module but it never got any comments good or bad. I did the mod and tested the module and it works in my modified 9x OK.
Im still looking for any comments on it being necessary as I think it is.
SM
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

IF you have put a resistor on the TX line in the 9x between the module pins and what's connected to them (mainboard or RS232 converter) you don't even need to disconnect. You'd "short" the TX line, but without damaging it as it's through the resistor. If you didn't put a resistor, then yeah it's a good idea to isolate the pin in the module.
The RX line is an input so it won't mind if you ground it anyway.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Good answer. I took the added step to isolate the module itself and never tried it stock. For insurance maybe some added R on both lines/pins used on the 9x would be a good wsy to go. That way the input and output lines never see a hard ground.
I got spooked many months ago when I first did the Frsky DJT/9x mod and thought I had isolated the 9x pins from ground but never measured it and missed one trace. I pluged int new DJT module and blew the data output line I think it is? Bad mistake and someday I'll repair the module and will ask more on that another time.
So now I just make sure these pins are isolated. If anyone is actually using the FlySky module after the Frsky mods and max 232 board and it's OK to just plug in stock I would like to know.
SM

Return to “Where to buy / Spares / Modules? Selling up?”