ERSKY9X Coding

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: ERSKY9X Coding

Post by MikeB »

Can you confirm it is P4 jittering by swapping it to another colour? I need to decide if P4 needs filtering or the backlight needs it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike. I think in ersky9x it doesn't make sense the model name voice setting looking for a numbered file anymore. Even if there are files with a number as file name, it still can be read normally as name.
The number setting is only adding to confusion now, and I believe not needed at all.. So, maybe removing it?

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:Can you confirm it is P4 jittering by swapping it to another colour? I need to decide if P4 needs filtering or the backlight needs it.

Mike.
Mike, just had a better look, I can make all pots (BL colors) jitter when around 65%. I'm not sure whether is the backlight itself or the pots. I do see the pots jittering a bit on the screen with numbered channel outputs.. Can make a video if you need.

I think the pots definitely need filtering as they are used to control models :) Maybe apply the same filtering selected for the sticks? In my case OSMP.
And would it hurt if you applied filtering to the BL anyway?

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The pots are filtered using OSMP on the original board. I'll investigate.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

jhsa wrote:Mike. I think in ersky9x it doesn't make sense the model name voice setting looking for a numbered file anymore. Even if there are files with a number as file name, it still can be read normally as name.
The number setting is only adding to confusion now, and I believe not needed at all.. So, maybe removing it?
Currently, named files are in the "ModelName" directory, while numbered files are in the "User" directory. This means removing it altogether will require the numbered files for model name are moved to the "ModelName" directory for them to work.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

removing it altogether will require the numbered files for model name are moved to the "ModelName" directory for them to work.
Exactly, and that's where model names should be, right?? That is why the folder "modelNames" exist.. :o :mrgreen:
I believe that people installing the latest version of the firmware, and needing the new pack, will now put their model names in the correct folder anyway. We have named files long enough so people should have had already enough time to rename or just change the files to the correct folder really.. ;)

I think if you put a numbered file in the modelName directory, the number will also show as a name as long as it hasn't more than 8 characters? You just don't select it as a number, but as a name....

I have just done it.. renamed one of my models to 0263.wav and copied it to my modelNames folder. Could select it and load it normally as any other name.. So, in ersky9x, looking for a number instead of a name is not needed I believe. ;) It only makes things more difficult and confusing :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It will need some thought as at present the default is 0260.wav as the entry is 0 and the model name is this plus 260. If only a name is used, then there won't be a default name, so it is not as simple as just removing the numbered option.

Regarding the backlight jitter. Do you have the actual backlight flickering when not moving the pots or does it just flicker as you move them?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote:It will need some thought as at present the default is 0260.wav as the entry is 0 and the model name is this plus 260. If only a name is used, then there won't be a default name, so it is not as simple as just removing the numbered option.
I think I have included 5 modelName files on the pack.. "Model 1 to model 5" I think. When loading a blank eeprom you could have model 1 set as a name for the only model.

What is the problem if there is no model name file loaded when creating a new model? Just display "NONE" or "No File"
It doesn't have to have something loaded? with the numbers that are the default at the moment it doesn't work anyway as I doubt many will still have the file for the model names in the user folder.. And if some do, they need to be encouraged to change it anyway ;)
Regarding the backlight jitter. Do you have the actual backlight flickering when not moving the pots or does it just flicker as you move them?

Mike.
if I set the pots to around 65% and leave them alone, yes the BL keeps flickering. sometimes just slightly, sometimes goes off for a fraction of a second..
I could make it happen again now. more with blue (P4) and green (P3). Sweet spot is somewhere betweem 65 and 70%.
This time it didn't start flickering when I turned the radio ON. Only when I moved the pots and them left them..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Please leave the numbered voice alone. It took me a long time to collect/build these files when the voice function was started. they are not the ’sandard’ voice pack. some of them are totally different. I have different person’s voice for diffeent file in some of them. so they sound better to me.
I really don’t want to redo them again. With these voice generating program removed from the web, I can’t even redo them. Unless there is coversion table wha number is converted to what name file. tha still take some time to rewrite 2,300 file name.
I think retro compatibility is still imporant. Most people still like to use their tx to fly instead of reprogram their tx every yr. or learn how to use a new tx every yr.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kaos, you can still use your numbered files if the number option is not there.. the difference is that the TX sees numbers and names.. So, we don't need an option only for numbers. You can still select your files. No one said here that you couldn't use numbered files. They would be just selected in the same place, making things easier..

And by the way you are exagerating a little :) you know perfectly that you wouldn't have to make new voice files, the worst it could happen would be to RENAME the files, not REMAKE them :mrgreen: As i said you could still use your files as they are.
The reason you gave makes absolutely no sense in my opinion :D

Mike, the same could apply to the file type in the voice alarms.. The radio looks in the same directory for numbers and names, right? If it doesn't I think it should, because the numbered files to be used are also user files, unless you make a sub-sub directory inside the user folder called "Numbers", which doesn't make sense :D
If you select the file type "Name" you can also select numbered files, so it doesn't really make sense to have both..

Question, couldn't we before use a GVAR as file type?? :o I do believe so, did you remove it??

Anyway, removing numbers you could use GVAR as file type instead. Then it would look for the correct numbered voice files inside the user folder.. Very nice to work with the GVAR adjusters..
I could swear on my life that I have seen GVARS here :o hmmmmm..

João

EDIT: Suggestion for File type options:

Audio (Internally generated audio)
Voice (named and numbered)
GVAR (Would use numbered files inside the user folder)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote: Most people still like to use their tx to fly instead of reprogram their tx every yr. or learn how to use a new tx every yr.
ALL people will have to update their voice pack anyway, unless they stay on version 217 of the firmware forever. The system files were updated to names, and all dedicated files moved into the system folder from 218 on. Also the numbers file names were changed from xxxx.wav to Nxx.wav.
I'm sure you already updated yours or I think you wouldn't be able to use the latest released version of ersky9x :mrgreen:

I think retro compatibility is still imporant.
I agree, but many times retro compatibility prevents further development in an easy way. The result is quite often confusing, not user friendly, and quite difficult to use, which is the case of the model name voice file selection :D
Another of these situations is the "Internal frsky alarms ON or OFF" to set the DJT/DHT module beeps from the radio.. This is absolutely useless in ersky9x as we have voice and beeps on the radio itself. We don't need the module beeping.. So, all those yellow/red/orange alarms in the telemetry menu are absolutely useless.. :) :mrgreen:

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

The user interface needs to be follow a certain pattern. There is no stopping of new development. As long as it is 'added' to the existing manual. So people still can use what they used to have with more functions and capability available.
I have started using er9x or its variant since the start of this forum. I have not change to OpenTx for one reason, because I want to have the same interface and same way of programming consistently. I have been waiting the user interface to be 'stable'. Now it is about 6 yrs after inception. We still don't have one single version free of bugs.
There should be a version that is free of bugs and steady interface everyone can use. The newer function can be released in test version.
What is happening is there is always fix for bugs which is excellent but at the same time new function and new bug that may need fix also added to updated version. So there is no one bug free version.
Some times, it is better to have a 'total reliable' Tx to fly with instead having to check if it will work with new updates which may have new bugs.
I certainly come to a point to stop at certain revision and keep using it without new functions. But the problem is there is no certain version that is bug free.
I am writing this not as a criticism. We all know how hard Mike has worked on er9x and its variant and that is greatly appreciated. But what i see are people keep knit picking small little things that prevents there be a stable version with major useful functions and stable user interface.
I am to the point just stop using er9x because it is changing all the time. the new major function can be added without move things around all over again and again. For people who use the newer function they can use it. For people don't need to use the newer function they can keep using they used to do.
But I do have a choice to be made. Just like many ex er9x users switch back to Futaba or spectrum. I can't get any of my club member to use er9x because of this. NO one in the club wants to deal with ever changing interface and bug fix. They say they would rather use a Tx they know it works with less function and many of the function they really don't need.
We need ONE version that all the functions work flawlessly (the power of existing er9x is already far beyond 99.9% of RC flyer need) and interface stay the same way, new function just added to 2nd, 3rd, page...
The strategy how to update with newer function needs to be looked at. Not everyone wants to sit in front of PC to read 2 hrs every day to operate a tx.

I won't say a word more about this matter from now on. What happens happens.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I can't believe you just wrote that :o

Well, for a start, WELCOME TO OPEN SOURCE where no one get paid to develop the software you use, write the manuals you read, etc, etc, etc.

Open source is always in continuous development. It is up to you to decide if you want to stop on a certain version or not.
Open source is a joint project from all of us that in different ways contribute to make something much better, even in some ways that the big brands started to follow our threads. You don't see them, but they do read the open source forums.

If you want something without bugs, please feel free to move to a known brand and pay the price.. Even like that there are bugs, and many..
You also certainly didn't speak that way, when you were building your joystick. If it wasn't Mike IMPLEMENTING new switches and Pots on ersky9x, you would NEVER had built it in first place. Mike even takes his time to help us as he can when we have problems with some implementation..

Should the guys developing the multiprotocol module that you so much love and use, stop adding new features and protocols? Should Mike stop it's implementation on ersky9x? I don't think so?

About the manual, for your information, THIS PRECISE MOMENT a huge and very well detailed ersky9x manual is being writen. NO ONE is waiting or wanting to be paid for this job.
I thank Mike every day for the time and effort he puts on this wonderful project as well as being very careful that the firmware can always be used without causing major problems.
I use er9x for about 5 and a half years now and NEVER BUT NEVER crashed a plane because of it.,. And believe me, I tested some test versions sometimes that I didn't know very well what to expect. But never had a big problem..

Now you can't ask a developer to stop doing what he loves and not implement new stuff to make what is already amazing even better because YOU want a stable version without bugs.
You can decide when to stop.. No one forces you to use the firmware.

I just think all people involved in this project, from developers, to users, not forgetting the ones in the middle, deserve OUR GREATEST RESPECT AND APPRECIATION.

I think you should read again what you just wrote and meditate a little about your words as I think they are quite out of order.. :(

Just my 2 cents..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

By the way, my suggestions above if implemeted, would probably NOT change anything on the way you use your radio. Maybe you just had to move some files from one folder to the other. That's it.. And that part of the firmware would become much easier to understand and use.. Your rant about it is absolutely pointless.. :(

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

kaos:
I have tried to keep the user interface as stable as possible. Obviously I did one major change to have the index page to make it easier to find what you want.
I know that you may get 'bug fixes' together with new features, but I believe, most of the time, the new features may be ignored unless you actually need them. I have made a great effort to keep backwards compatibility. It would have been much easier to have changed the EEPROM structure when adding things, but I have kept it unchanged, except for extras.
I feel that while there may be bugs in a new feature, they don't usually impact on the existing functionality, so if you don't use the new feature, the rest is a bug free as it was!
Other than the major addition of the index(es), I didn't think I've moved much around in the menus at all, I do try to keep everything in the same place.

I would agree that you may want to use a particular version, and keep using that without updating it. Indeed, the only reason to update really is if you actually want/need a feature that has been added since.
I post test versions so some people can test new additions, knowing there may be bugs. They can go back to a previous version if necessary.

I know you had a big gap in using er9x/ersky9x, so suddenly found the index(es) had appeared when you did update.
I'd be interested to know specifics where you found things had changed that were/are not obvious for something you regularly use.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

kaos wrote:I have been waiting the user interface to be 'stable'. Now it is about 6 yrs after inception. We still don't have one single version free of bugs.
Thats rather easy, in theory! 8-) Before any official release, there should be a release candidate and some of the advanced users, and by far im not one of them, should intensively test it before making it official. Obviously, the big difference between open source and payd software is that a brand cannot afford to look bad, otherwise its comercial suicide. On the other hand, finding people available to test open source release candidates for some weeks prior to release is another big problem, i think.
kaos wrote: We all know how hard Mike has worked on er9x and its variant and that is greatly appreciated.
I questioned myself several times wether MikeB sleeps, he must be a robot!
kaos wrote:But I do have a choice to be made. Just like many ex er9x users switch back to Futaba or spectrum. I can't get any of my club member to use er9x because of this.
True, also the fact that one has to insert functionality to the tx before operating is a nightmare for 99% of modelists, only a brave few venture into opensource and i know at least two guys here that have the 9xr and they dint know that we could update it with newer features. The worst thing is that when i told them that they needed a usbasp, they started looking at me with that desperate look of emptiness, like "wtf are you talking about".

All in all, people in general like userfriendliness and even some other that have taranis for instance, dont update it.
This is a very tricky subject, if i might say.
Last edited by OctavioS on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Octávio, I like user friendliness.. Ask Mike. Many of my suggestions, including the ones just a few posts above that unfortunately started this discussion, are exactly suggestions to make the firmware more user friendly. I believe the firmware can keep the same power while being user friendly. Two examlles of that are the new menu system and the voice alarms menu. The index menu can still be greatly improved to a point that it will be as good or better than many commercial devices. I already shared some ideas, specially for the telemetry menu which is quite long, that would organize it in sub menus like the globals menu. This would make it very easy to find the options you need.. If you look at the telemetry menu on the latest version, you will find out that Mike already started by creating a sub menu for the custom telemetry screens. You don't have to scroll through many options to configure your custom screens anymore. Obviously all this takes time..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

@João
I know you are a userfriendlyness adept, we talked about that. I also get the idea that, not disregarding Mike's capability, very much on the contrary, that only one person developing this software and with so much changing and adding all the time, something is going to stay behind, because only one head taking care of so much stuff makes it difficult to process it all. Correct me if im wrong.
So be patient, in time, Mike will handle it.
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Yeah I know that :mrgreen: That is basically what I said above? ;) :)
I have to stop nagging him or one day he will ban me from the forum :D

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

:D :lol: humm, i dont think so...
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
kaos

Post by kaos »

Jhsa:
THis is the 2nd time you try to portray me as an 'ungrateful' er9x user. I am done with you.
You are not a developer. I certainly am not grateful to you. All I am seeing is some one trying to show off while has little knowledge in electronics and programming.
If you can not keep subject matter, just by personal attack as a moderator in the forum. i am done with the forum too. A moderator is trying to keep a forum so everybody can speak their opinion and keep forum flowing smoothly without personal attack, but what you are doing is nobody can say anything unless you agree with. I don't have time or willing to spend the time to argue every sentence you said in a 10 page long statement.

If you really want a flexible programming Tx, the ultimate programming Tx would be put c language compiler or even asseembly compiler in the tx then you can do anything you want. I was certified in assembly and Fortran 40 yrs ago. Do I want to go back to programming. NO. All I want to do now is a user friendly and consistent TX that every one can use whether it is a novice user can use it and a power user can also use it.
I don't care about whether a timer is beeping time in 5 sec or 15 sec. If you want a accurate fly time, put a current sensor in there. I can run a 7 minute fly time battery out in 3 min depends on how hard I fly that plane. I don't need a RTC to remind me I have an appointment in one hour I have to stop flying or I need to stop to take my pill. RTC is there for other purpose. Those pity consideration is bogging down the developer time and energy to do better things.
I would rather see Mike spend time to make eeskye to perform flawlessly of converting eeprom and other function like simulation, instead he has to spend time to figure out how to make the tx to program it beeps 5 or 10 sec.
Mike is doing everything humanly possible, without pay. Every er9x user knows that, I start to use er9x since Eraz time.
LMNO made a request for mavlink that is great feature and 'real ' function, Multiprotocol group make a request so er9x can integrate flawlessly that every one can enjoy great flying toy models with a good tx. those are significant. Where I want this item in, how many sec I want the the count to beep or sound voice that is pity thing.
My Joystick project has nothing to do with er9x, it had been done with an old Futaba tx (has may be 300% less power/function than er9x) by other people, i just want to use er9x to do it because that is the only program I am using now.
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Guys...bear in mind that writing is by far not the same as talking. Sometimes we write something that could be misunderstood or not totally understood as we would like it to be. In writing, words have to be chosen wisely, so the others can read it the same way they would listen from you.
Above all, everybody has the right to express themselves and are also entitled to their opinion, unless offensive or totally inapropriate. Thats what a forum should be...info exchange for everybody, right?
As in our daily life, we find it impossible to get along with everybody for this or that reason, but above all, we have to respect ourselves.
I'm just a newbie user here and this is just my opinion. From time to time things have to be clarified, right?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote:Jhsa:
THis is the 2nd time you try to portray me as an 'ungrateful' er9x user. I am done with you.
You are not a developer. I certainly am not grateful to you. All I am seeing is some one trying to show off while has little knowledge in electronics and programming.
My friend, what the heck is going on with you? Not taught good manners?? :D No one is trying to portrait you as anything, you are doing that yourself. No help needed.. ;)
Yes you did AND YOU DO sound ungrateful.
No I'm not a developer, I don't have enough knowledge in electronics, I might be an ignorant in electronics and programming, but a couple of months ago I did receive a few PM's FROM YOU asking for help. I can check if I still didn't delete them and post them.
When trying to help you a few times you were so ungrateful and unfriendly to me that I DECIDED NOT TO HELP YOU ANYMORE. Some people know this as I commented it with them. I just couldn't believe it. I gave you absolutely no reason to start attacking me whatsoever. I only tried to help you a couple times like I do to everyone else, I even remember spending some time looking at the 9x schematics, trying to find an answer for you.. Well, it was a waste of my precious time obviously. It doesn't matter as the ignorant here certainly learnt something.. You don't deserve it.. :D
You might think you are the dog's danglies, right? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I couldn't be happier that you are done with me. Thank God for that.. :mrgreen:

No I'm not trying to show off. I never take credits for myself. Even little projects I post here and there, I always give the credits to the people that helped me with them.

I might not be a very clever person but I do my best to help people, AND THAT IS MY GOAL HERE.
People reading this can judge for themselves.
THANK GOD I'M NOT AN IDIOT ;) ;)

If you can not keep subject matter, just by personal attack as a moderator in the forum. i am done with the forum too. A moderator is trying to keep a forum so everybody can speak their opinion and keep forum flowing smoothly without personal attack, but what you are doing is nobody can say anything unless you agree with. I don't have time or willing to spend the time to argue every sentence you said in a 10 page long statement.
I will let people decide who is attacking who. I made a suggestion to Mike, and you came down on me with knives and hammers.. And it is not the first time you do this. You attacked me when I tried AND SUCCEEDED (said by other heli people) to program some really safe sticky throttle cut for an helicopter..
Not bad for someone that is a complete ignorant, right? ;)

Being a moderator has nothing to do with this. I always been very friendly and tried to help everyone, YOU INCLUDED.
And by the way, the forum is free for everyone to use.. If you're not happy with it, please feel free not to use it.
You can say everything you want my friend, just don't insult people :D
If you really want a flexible programming Tx, the ultimate programming Tx would be put c language compiler or even asseembly compiler in the tx then you can do anything you want. I was certified in assembly and Fortran 40 yrs ago. Do I want to go back to programming. NO. All I want to do now is a user friendly and consistent TX that every one can use whether it is a novice user can use it and a power user can also use it.
I don't care about whether a timer is beeping time in 5 sec or 15 sec. If you want a accurate fly time, put a current sensor in there. I can run a 7 minute fly time battery out in 3 min depends on how hard I fly that plane. I don't need a RTC to remind me I have an appointment in one hour I have to stop flying or I need to stop to take my pill. RTC is there for other purpose. Those pity consideration is bogging down the developer time and energy to do better things.
I would rather see Mike spend time to make eeskye to perform flawlessly of converting eeprom and other function like simulation, instead he has to spend time to figure out how to make the tx to program it beeps 5 or 10 sec.
Your opinion..
Oh wait, I know a few transmitters like that.. Futaba, spektrum, multiplex, graupner.... and many more.
If I well remember, people moved to open source because they didn't like the way those systems work and how closed they are..
Woow, want to go back to the origins? I don't.. :mrgreen:
Mike is doing everything humanly possible, without pay. Every er9x user knows that, I start to use er9x since Eraz time.

Well, so did I..

LMNO made a request for mavlink that is great feature and 'real ' function, Multiprotocol group make a request so er9x can integrate flawlessly that every one can enjoy great flying toy models with a good tx. those are significant. Where I want this item in, how many sec I want the the count to beep or sound voice that is pity thing.
Those are significant for YOU and others. It doesn't mean they are significant to everyone else. But yes, it is a very useful addition to er9x/ersky9x in my opinion..
My Joystick project has nothing to do with er9x, it had been done with an old Futaba tx (has may be 300% less power/function than er9x) by other people, i just want to use er9x to do it because that is the only program I am using now.
Yes of course, I can share here the link to posts where you welcomed very much the new pots and switches in ersky9x.. :mrgreen:
You should really think a little bit before writing rubbish my friend.

And by the way, please do not read the new ersky9x manual when it comes out because I am helping Nigel to write it.
Not bad fror someone that is ignorant, and doesn't understand anything about electronics and programming, right??

Last time I saw this kind of behavior I was about 10 :mrgreen:

No stress.. ;) :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

We're all here to advance the cause of ErSky9x. We don't have to agree, but let's focus on what we have in common and respect each other's points of view.

My goal right now is to produce a new and up to date manual that does justice to Mike's amazing firmware and helps make it accessible to as many people as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Agree.. I already have a lot of c**p on my daily life, just don't need more at the moment :o :mrgreen:

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

I have to agree with Kaos here. After this mavlink "insertion" to ersky9x, Mike has to focus in stability issues in order to bring a 99.99% stable (at least) release of ersky9x.
Mike, please don't think I'm bossing around, im no position to do that nor it's my lifestyle, but credibility for the masses in needed.
Also talking about user friendliness how about creating a wizard for ersky9x?
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
kaos

Post by kaos »

jhsa wrote:Agree.. I already have a lot of c**p on my daily life, just don't need more at the moment :o :mrgreen:

João
I hate to agree with you on anything at this point. But I do agree with you on that: from inside out!

All I am going to say is if some one needs to read a manual 50 pages long just to set up a timer on the Tx, there is something wrong with it.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Octávio, Mike only releases stable versions. He always been very careful about it since the very beginning. The maybe not so stable versions are posted as TEST versions. But even with the test versions I NEVER had a problem. As I said, I never had a single glitch with a posted test version at the field.. When something was found, Mike immediately corrected the problem and re-posted the test version.
As far as I know the newer release version is stable, so now I ask, why do you say it is not stable?
What stability issues are you talking about? If someone afirm that there are stability issues without naming them, that is no good, and also not helpful. You must say what the issues are.. Make sense??

Sorry, this talking makes no sense to me?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Currently we have the r218 release. This is the present "stable" version. I'm not clear on what extra stability issues there are.
Yes, there are additions/updates, but I thought the user interface hasn't changed significantly since I added the index menus.

The following are the changes I have since r218. I don't think any of these affect to 'core' functionality or the user interface.
H8_3D MULTI supported
Correct direction of P2 on Taranis
Add P4 and P4 as sources for GVARS
Add Encoder switch to DIAG_SWITCH display
Re-label delay up/down to match slow up/down directions
Fix missing haptic output when using model specific countdown beeps
Add SD Card present data on SD STAT display
Force Ar9x option off on 'PRO
Add one second watchdog disable at start up
Improve SD card disable in bootloader
Further MULTI improvements
Fix bugs in DSM-9XR support for 9Xtreme
GVARs for RGB backlight on 9Xtreme
Start to MAVLINK support
Add Q242 sub-protocol on MULTI
Attempt RTC calibration on Taranis

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

MikeB wrote: The following are the changes I have since r218. I don't think any of these affect to 'core' functionality or the user interface.

Mike.
Mike, and if they did? If it was for better? No one pays for this..
Over time I have seen similar situations. One was just before voice was implemented. Everybody criticized, and at the end everybody loved it.
There has been n situations like this one. Whatever you do, there are always someone that is not happy..
I personally think er9x and ersky9x were never unstable, not even close. There were some issues, yes, but they were always caught before any release as far as I know..
I think all this is a big storm for nothing.. Mike, there's nothing wrong with the firmware..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”