Did I burn my video cam

Cant get your radio to work? General Hardware issues?
kaos

Did I burn my video cam

Post by kaos »

Well, I am wiring up a FPV system for my Syma X5C. tested the vTx and vCam with 1S lipo and everything works fine. both vTx and vCam works under 3.3V-5V. I used a 5V step up voltage regulator to supply 5V to the vCam and vTx to get the best range.
the only thing i did not test is the 5V step up regulator, of course. This Vreg was working but sitting in a bag for > 1yr.
so I connect the lipo again to test, and there goes the smoke from the 5V step up regulator. then I changed another same kind 5V regulator. the vTx still getting hot, as it should and checked the voltage into the vCam and vTx, both at 4.98V perfect.
The only thing is there is no video any more. Checked the voltage acroos video out from vCam to gnd is 0.02V. :(
Another thing is, there is no video signal at all, blank not even noises on the screen.
Can a shorted Vreg sends current to burn out the vCam? There is no sign of any burns on the vCam circuit/chips.
this is the rig I did.
this is the rig I did.
This is the smoking Vreg.  The smoke is from the coil marked '470'
This is the smoking Vreg. The smoke is from the coil marked '470'
Here is how that coil look like after the smoke.
Here is how that coil look like after the smoke.

jhsa

Re: Did I burn my video cam

Post by jhsa »

Reversed the polarity?
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

no.It just smoked. I think the coil may be shorted.
kaos

Post by kaos »

The answer is YES, I did burn my vCAM. :( From a faulty Vreg. :(

Pulled one of my micro FPV's camera and works just fine with the vTx. So decided not to wait for another vCAM to arrive, just swapped the camera and used a new 5V step up Vreg. EVery thing is working. Not noise at all with motor running better than on the other micro quad. Power to FPV set up and the quad are from the same fly pack. :)
This vTx is a 200mW, gets really hot. Will test the range and fly time when I have a chance. Indoors, no issue.
Attachments
DSC03914.JPG
DSC03913.JPG
DSC03912.JPG

Return to “Hardware”