mCP X Template

If you have a model config you would like to share. Post it here!
Daryoon

mCP X Template

Post by Daryoon »

I thought I saw some mCP X templates shared before.

I figured there would be a topic for this in this Template Library subforum. But surprise that there isn't so I figured I'd start a thread topic for mCP X example template.

Anybody care to share their's with a description of anything special they did.

I installed a DX4e module into a friend's TX yesterday and it bound and controlled the mCP X just fine. But we couldn't get off the ground.

I found a eepe module template somewhere and that was what I loaded. We didn't have much time to troubleshoot, but I figured I'd ask here for a baseline mCP X template to use. I don't have a mCP X myself and that's the reason why I wasn't much help other than modding the DSM2 module into his TX. :)

Westy

Re: mCP X Template

Post by Westy »

Hey There,
If you could not get off the ground ..... and had good head speed then I would say you do not have a pitch curve set up to work with your collective......

Try this template....... although the only thing you will possbly need to dial back (depending on your skill level) is the Expo (dial it back to 20 to 30 for a more sharper feel around centre cyclic area)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=427
:mrgreen:
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

Actually, throttle hold was off. We give the heli throttle but the head won't spin at all. However, the collective was changing pitch appropriately.

Thanks for the link.
Westy

Post by Westy »

so you got it sorted then?

You did not let us know the rotor was not spinning ..... certainly cannot take off like that lol :)
900supersport

Post by 900supersport »

This may be of some use, just started with an MCPx myself. I was experimenting with gain but have moved this out of the way onto channell 12. I had a few issues until I got the reverses set properly.
MCPx.eepm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
Brian

Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

My apologizes. However, the main reason for this thread wasn't to troubleshoot my problem...but more to collect eepm template files for the mCPX. :) Hope that makes more sense. I can't get it sorted because I don't own the mCPX. It was a friend's who I did the DSM2 mod for.

Thanks for the file 900supersport.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Here is my mCPx file.
I took most of my settings directly from the mCPx manual.
The throttle is on channel 1 and uses curves 1 and 2. Curve 1 is normal mode, curve 2 is idle up 1. Idle up 2 is just a straight 100% throttle output.
Channel 2 is the aileron control, or roll.
Channel 3 is the elevator or yaw control.
Channel 4 is the rudder or piro control.
Channel 6 is the pitch channel. I have 2 curves set up for this. Curve 4 is a normal mode curve and gives a couple of degrees negative pitch only. And curve 5 is the idle modes curve, and gives full +/- pitch.
The only other mixers are on channel 14 and those are for the sticky throttle hold. The sticky throttle hold is set to release only if the throttle stick is all the way down, and you are in normal mode. Throttle hold is entered by either the THR switch or switching the TRN switch.
Dual rates are set up for aileron and elevator.
The timer is triggered to run if the output of the throttle channel is above -90.
Try changing the ppm Delay to 400usec to get a better centering on the servos. Mine is set to the default 300usec. Someone reported that 400usec is closer to the Spektrum default.

-Gohst
Attachments
MCPx.eepm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 950 times
stretton74

Post by stretton74 »

i hope someone can perhaps see where im going wrong as every time i download a eepm for mcpx CH1 show ELV Ch2 AIl CH 3 THR CH4 RUD.
i have set general setting to be TAER mode 1, and in the preferences have done the same so when i import it uses these preferred channels for each thr ail elv rud swquence.
having a little trouble getting with throttle and apears elv and ail are wrong for my mode 1 setup when i import these eepm. maybe someone can do a screen shot of your mixes so i can see, otherwise its got me stumped at the moment.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The difference is you are set up for mode 1. This simply switches the THR and ELE sticks. Since the model was programmed mode 2 the transmitter will still work as a mode 2. Throttle on left elevator on right, but the names change in the mixes. Anyway here is the screenshot you asked for.
-Gohst
Attachments
Screenshot.png
stretton74

Post by stretton74 »

I though something was weird but I understand now. I did just alter them around and gor the result I was afte getting servo moving in correct manner. Seems ok but still need to run through a few more option as I just did a basic program with 3point switch and 5 cures. 2 for pitch on ch6 and 3 forTHR. Nothing to fancy for now keep it simple.
stretton74

Post by stretton74 »

I did notice a lot of programs have !ID0 in them on ch6. I did 3 commands 1 for each position on the 3 point switch. What does the ! Mean before ID0.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

! means NOT. So ID0 means switch is ON, !ID0 means switch is OFF.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
WoNnUt

Post by WoNnUt »

Just done the DSM mod to my 9x and installed the above eepm for the MCPx but even though the Tx has bound to the heli with no problems I have an alarm going off on the Tx and have no throttle control. Have checked for throttle hold and battery voltage all OK. All other controls appear to be working fine. Is there something simple I'm missing or is there something I just don't understand, I have played around with some of the settings in a copy version but to no avail.

Many thanks
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What alarm are you getting?
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

WoNuUt,
what versions are you running of eepe and er9x? There are no alarms set in the model file that I posted. Aside from the 4 minute timer of course.
-Gohst
Daryoon

mCP X Template

Post by Daryoon »

Anyone running brushless with their mCPX and er9x?
WoNnUt

Post by WoNnUt »

Managed to resolve my issue by holding right on the rudder stick when binding. Is this specific to the MCPx or the same for all other Rx?
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

gohsthb wrote:WoNuUt,
what versions are you running of eepe and er9x? There are no alarms set in the model file that I posted. Aside from the 4 minute timer of course.
-Gohst

I am getting an alarm also. I believe it has to do with custom switch 'C'. It is putting the transmitter in 'range check' mode.

Also noticed that the protocol in your model file is set as 'PPM'. I have been able to get my MCPx off the ground but have changed the protocol to 'dsm2'

Lastly my heli was rolling badly till I set the center of the 'limits' ( subtrim ) to 0. some of the center points were 15,-16,19,-10. Maybe my heli is setup less than ideal. I know for sure I dont have a good understanding of what is going on.

Still havent been able to get out of 'range check' mode, but I'm working on it. :)
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

found a simple mcpx template in the zip file in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=9&p=443&hilit=mcpx+range#p443
I wouldnt use any of the other source files in the zip as they are probably outdated by this time.

got me out of range check mode and was able to get going quickly. Looks like a good point for me to start studying the options of the firmware
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

found another template here.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=616&p=9026&hilit=mcpx#p9001
havent tried it but looked at it in eepe and it looks simple and straightforward
stretton74

Post by stretton74 »

here is my MCPX template nice and simple
3 modes
IDO is throttle up
ID1 3d 40%expo
ID2 3d 20% expo also a little higher throttle curve
20% expo on throttle seems to make it a little less jumpy when just cruising and hovering.
throttle hold on THR switch

HMMM how to attach the file ?
i will add it to template library
icanfly

Post by icanfly »

gohsthb wrote:Here is my mCPx file.....
-Gohst
Thanks for providing this, I recently did the DSM mod from a DX4e and am using your settings. I did have one problem with it, I was experiencing range issues and while flying I kept hearing a beep-beep-beep every once in a while. I suspected it was in range check mode, and did some research to figure out how range check is even done found it is when using switch SWC. I moved the settings from SWC to SW9 and everything has been working good now.
cloudflying

Post by cloudflying »

gohsthb wrote:Here is my mCPx file.
I took most of my settings directly from the mCPx manual.
The throttle is on channel 1 and uses curves 1 and 2. Curve 1 is normal mode, curve 2 is idle up 1. Idle up 2 is just a straight 100% throttle output.
Channel 2 is the aileron control, or roll.
Channel 3 is the elevator or yaw control.
Channel 4 is the rudder or piro control.
Channel 6 is the pitch channel. I have 2 curves set up for this. Curve 4 is a normal mode curve and gives a couple of degrees negative pitch only. And curve 5 is the idle modes curve, and gives full +/- pitch.
The only other mixers are on channel 14 and those are for the sticky throttle hold. The sticky throttle hold is set to release only if the throttle stick is all the way down, and you are in normal mode. Throttle hold is entered by either the THR switch or switching the TRN switch.
Dual rates are set up for aileron and elevator.
The timer is triggered to run if the output of the throttle channel is above -90.
Try changing the ppm Delay to 400usec to get a better centering on the servos. Mine is set to the default 300usec. Someone reported that 400usec is closer to the Spektrum default.

-Gohst
Has anyone been able to get rid of the range check mode in this particular template? I really like the settings of this one but just cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable the range test function without losing throttle input.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I think his template was meant for a Spektrum DM9 module, not the DSM mod.
If you have the DSM mod, then on er9x SWC activates range check when active. You can thus replace every SWC in the template with another unused custom switch, and that should do it. Just make sure the SWC line is empty in the custom switches.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

+1 on the SWC. I dont remember the exact details, and rereading this post leads me to believe I am using a different starting point than you, but that SWC is the key to range check mode.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

I got a request for my template so here it is. I can tell you I dont know what I am doing :) . I can say that this template solved the range check issue where the TX is beeping at you. It also has the protocol set properly to DSM2. Some of the other mxpx templates were set to ppm. Maybe it is dependent on which spektrum tx you gutted to get the pieces to install into the 9x. Hope this helps.

I do think I have a problem where at mid throttle the main motor RPM's are too low . If I try to rise quickly I bog down and my tail swings around. Usually I run in idle up mode which keeps the main motor rpms high. LIke I said I know just enough to be dangerous.
Attachments
MCPxPerko.eepm
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
AAADiver

Post by AAADiver »

Hi rperkins -

Running companion9X V1.13 which appears incompatible with your eepm file above (when opening, I get a blank model). Can you post an updated version?

Thx!
AAADiver
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Sure, I can check into this later today.

The file was generated using eepe, rev 359 compiled from source on linux. I haven't used companion9x. will have to check it out. I need to do a fresh backup anyway.

The assumption here is that a model file generated with eepe is compatible with companion9x. any comments ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

.eepe files are, but C9X doesn't open .eepm files.
rperkins

Post by rperkins »

Thanks for the reply. I installed companion9x but am having a little trouble. Here is my post
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2459

In the meantime for the OP. Here is my .eepe file that can be opened in companion9x. In the event a better method is brought to my attention, I will modify this post.

update
Ok. After several attempts , saving the file as a .bin file from within eepe hopefully will allow a valid model profile to be extracted from within c9x. Let me know if you still have issues.

Ha . The extension bin is not allowed. I had to zip it up
Attachments
MCPxPerko.zip
(656 Bytes) Downloaded 517 times
Last edited by rperkins on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Template Library”