FrSky 2015 firmware update

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Myckey

Re: FrSky 2015 firmware update

Post by Myckey »

Hi João,

Just for compatibility I’ve bought a second one so like you will have one in each radio and likewise in a 9X with a skyboard and a 9XR Pro, both now running the same (r217) of ersky9x which helps as they now look the same.

“Do you know you can connect your radio to eepskye via bluetooth, and program your models on eepskye and see what's happening on the model in real time?”

No I didn’t but as the weather isn’t playing ball how do you do that? I have looked and I can’t see that option to connect anywhere in eepskye.

BTW regarding the gimbal question I need to put these in the 9XR Pro not a 9X (already put Aurora Gimbals in that) so I’ve posted a question in the 9X Pro Hacks and Fixes sectionas it seemed to be a bit off topic for this thread.

Phil

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Please have a look here:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=5476

If you have the bluetooth installed you don't need to build any hardware. Go to the model setup menu, select the type of bluetooth adapter you have installed and enable "BT as trainer".

On the link above you will need to download a zip file with a model. The file name is "PPM Serial.zip".

Basically you have to enable extended limits, then set the limits to 125%. On the mixer set the weight on all channels to 80% and the source as PPMx.
For example:
Ch1 80% PPM1 Switch (RUD)
Ch2 80% PPM2 Switch (RUD)

This will send the channel info received by the BT to the RF module when the RUD switch is on.
Otherwise the channels will be centered.
You will notice that the Throttle channel (Ch3) has a throttle cut programmed as safety. When the RUD switch is OFF, the throttle will be pulled to -100%. You might need to program it on another channel if your throttle is on a different channel.

REMOVE PROPS AND ROTORS FROM YOUR MODELS for obvious reasons..

Ask if you have trouble connecting to eepskye.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
wollenagold

Post by wollenagold »

Hello little
I think you have to reflash the taranis plus with loading the firmware again but be sure not to select the EU-Option
When you make the settings before downloading.
You should take the companion new installed in a separate file, calling it Companion 2017 to fond it better. On the opentx-page you can download this version 2.0.17.
www.open-tx.Org

Install it without upgrading! !! To A newer version.
Then in the settings select the right version taranis X9D plus in the drop-down-menu, but very important not to select the EU-Option. The other points like 3rd-timer you can select. Internal-ppm-enabled is also Ok. Mixers mon =ok
All other don't select. Now you can download the new firmware and save the file on your computer.
Next step shorten the filename perhaps to X9DPV2017.
This file with the short name you have to copy on to the sdcard into the file "firmwares".
Now power on the taranis by holding the two trims into the middle of the taranis.
Then you see the bootloader.
Select writing firmware the file firmwares will open.
Then lighten the copied file and confirm it by pressing the right-positioned "ent"-button.
Wem flashing complete exit to the radio.
Then going to the second main-side trmansmitter-settings you go to the select of your transmitter-hf-module. There now should be the possibility of selecting
Also the d8☆mode.

The 2.0.17 version is a stable one. Without changing the telemetrie-system to the new version.
Good luck for your work.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

FrSky have just released the LBT firmware for the XJT, X8R, X6R and X4R. It is supposed to improve the RF link performance.
What they haven't mentioned is that an XJT with this firmware supports D8 mode :P
I just flashed an XJT internal module in a Taranis Plus (ersky9x firmware). The XJT was already bound to a D8R-II, and this still works. I then tested binding to the D8R-II and that also worked.

I did try binding to non-updated X8R, and that failed. I'll try updating one of those later.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Is this just for the FrSky-Europe protocol's ?

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
pieri70

Post by pieri70 »

Hello
please, correct me if I'm wrong
If I flash the LBT firmware in my taranis module then I must flash also the corresponding firmware to X series RX.
The D series RX work if I flash LBT in my taranis and all the D8 rx, like for example the V8R4-II?

Thanks!
Pietro
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Correct.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”