new project, need help setting up proper mix

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
jaas75

new project, need help setting up proper mix

Post by jaas75 »

well i just got an hobbyking extra 260 which is already (according to reviews) very good floater. but i got the idea of setting up a flapperon mix for more flotation :o 8-) lol

so i want a mix that i can setup my flapperons with a switch and at the same time transfer my rudder to the right stick. in that way i can land feeling i have control of my ailerons. can that be done or i just train better my left hand (i have good coordination with it, an use rudder on normal basis but for more precise or comfortable handling will love to control rudder with my right while the flapperons are on and then with a flip of a switch back to normal)

thxs

Reacher10

Re: new project, need help setting up proper mix

Post by Reacher10 »

If you move rudder control over to the right stick you will control the ailerons & rudder with one stick?

OR

You want the ailerons to become regular flaps and only have rudder control?

If this is the case I don't think your plane will make it to it's 2nd landing.

It can be done but this is like trying to make the keyboard go in alphabetical order instead of learning the key board.

Here is a quick setup...DO NOT FLY WITH THIS SETUP! It's just an example.
Attachments
flap-rudder.eepe
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

I am taking a slightly different approach than Reacher. I am using 2 different switches, you can put everything on one switch later after you test if this works ok or not. In mine when you flip the ELE switch it enables the flaperons. The amount of flap is controlled by pot P1. When you flip the RUD switch you get the Aileron stick controlling the rudder like you wanted. Along with this switch I have reduced the amount of aileron control that the aileron stick has (25%). The aileron stick does have 100% control of the rudder. The rudder stick will have no function, this should keep you from cancelling or exaggerating the rudder control. Having some aileron control along with the rudder control should be a good thing, it gives a coordinated flight that way.
I definitely suggest trying out these mixes up high so you have plenty of time to flip the switches back to normal and recover

-Gohst
Attachments
FlaperonsRUDtoAIL.eepm
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

thxs gohsthb thats what i meant.
I want to fly normally (with all my sticks functioning on the propper side ) is just that when im about to land i wanted to sort of, flip a switch and have flapperons and transfer my rudder to my right stick.
Zaimoran

Post by Zaimoran »

I think it is absolutely possible, but not recomendable, because in an aerobatic model you still need to keep the wings level, rudder input always induce an amount of coupling, tipically pitch down and proverse roll and you want to have control of all axis then

jaas75

Post by jaas75 »

thxs for all the answers guy. zaimoran i see your logic and your right, i just wanted to play around a little :). ill try gohst mix very high in the sky and see what happens.

ja

Return to “er9x”