flashing latest er9x

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
jhsa

Re: flashing latest er9x

Post by jhsa »

They are working on the "X" support. I think the module already works in "D" mode with telemetry. But I will have to do some reading. I think I will order a RF board.. ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Kaos: I may not be thinking straight on your er9x/ersky9x problem. You said there is no throttle response, I was thinking the other channels were working OK, but I just realised this is probably unknown!

Please confirm the hardware you are using (SKY board?), and the version of ersky9x (revision and DATE-TIME).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
I am using Sky board rev. B, ersky9x -r218 V.2637-Mike, MOD: REVB, DATE: 21.10.2015, TIME: 21:25:11
I believe this is a test version that you suggested me to use when I 1st doing the flashing from r178.

No throttle response is only on Hubsan, but on v959 it is the two rear motors just went crazy once THR is off and raised the throttle, then nothing will stop the motors without removing the fly battery.
The module is performing perfectly in my er9x Tx using r.819 FRysky NT
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
I just flashed the module with Goebish's FW which only works with Hubsan but has video ch changing capability. And I was able to fly FPV with my goggle now. :D
Then I tried on Ersky9x, wow, it did bind but after binding the motors went into uncontrollable pulsating mode, I have to disconnect fly battery to stop the motor.
So, looks like there is something going on with ersky9x r218 and these FW.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

My question is why are you using +/-125 limits? There should be no reason to, and could cause the module FW to go haywire.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've just posted a test version of ersky9x for the SKY board with a change that might(!) fix your problem.
Usual precautions, backup your EEPROM before flashing this.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Kilrah:
I was using extended limit trying to get fastest possible flip. ;)
If extended limit will cause Fw go haywire, why do we Have extened limit to start with? some may not?
I see you are using Tapatalk, back to south american again? remember to come back. :mrgreen:

MIke: I will give it a try and report back.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Your quad's firmware will go haywire, not the radio ;)
Extended limits is more to use with servos..
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

Jhsa:
the question is why it works on ER9X perfectly but not on ERSKY9X.

Mike:
sorry to report back it is doing the same thing, pulsating motor after binding while THR cut is on. with r218 Ver 2771-mike.
I also tried, as Kilrah suggested, changed all ch limit to +-100, same thing after binding pulsating motor even with THR cut on.
But it works perfectly on ER9X with all AETR ch limit at +-125. Actually, I found out on ER9X this FW for the module the Thr limit needs to set at -115 or lower otherwise when at bottom stick, the motor will run at slower spd (and I confirmed by recalibrating one more time.)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kaos, please try the protocol before that one, or after that one.. mine at the beginning didn't work cos it was swapped with another one..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Kaos: I've just sent you a PM with a couple of test versions of er9x and ersky9x that will, hopefully, locate any software problem.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

this one , that one. which one? :? :mrgreen:
OK, the FW currently in the module is by Goebish which can set the video ch but only has Hubsan protocol. The previous one is by Midelc which has both Hubsan and Flysky protocol.
Before the updated ersky9x I tried with Midelic it will bind but no throttle on hubsan, crazy rear motor on v959.
Today with updated ersky9x, I am using Goebish, bind with pulsating motors.
I think this may happen to the Multiprotocol module I am going to make too. unless Midelic did some change in the communication protocol.

I prefer to be able to set video ch so I can use my goggle. Actually, I just went out and flew with ER9X and Goebish using my goggle, only I have to carry extra battery to power goggle - I don't have a Futaba port on my ER9X tx. and it is kind of too quiet, cause I don't have sound on ER9X Tx ;) )
But boy, this Hubsan 107D is really good at flying FPV, the most stable one out of my 3 micro FPV model. The range of the video is only about 80~100 m though. Need to do some mod as some suggested to increase the video range. At 100 yard no issue with the A7105+Goebish of radio control. Actually I lost video a couple times, by remembering orientation and brought it back into video range blindly. :mrgreen:
I think Hubsan is somewhat more expensive for a reason. I got this RTF 107D for 69.00 on a flash sale, normally sold for 129~149 RTF. I am glad I did it. :)

Edit: oops, Mike I was typig while you made the post. I will try them and report bacfk.
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
this is the diag screen:
for ER9X:
DSC03749.JPG
for ERSKY9x:
DSC03748.JPG
those look identical to me.
I don't know you made any changes besides the Diag, so I retested them anyway. both Tx recalibrated. Same result. ER9X fly flawlessly. ERSKY9X takes a long time to bind then go straight into pulsating motor running like idle<->full throttle this is with THR cut ON.

I even tried load ersky9x with or without custom screen, same thing.

edit: Mike, the only difference I can see now would be in my Sky9x Tx there is a BT hooked up. Possible BT is interfering this thing?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Something wrong here, there should be some values other than 0000 on those screens, there are on both of my TXs. They will only get values filled in if you are using a model with MULTI protocol selected. Are you using PPM and not MULTI?
From an earlier post it seems you are!
I've been looking at the MULTI output, I'll check the PPM. A quick test is to change the PPM from POS to NEG.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, sorry my ignorance but what does that screen mean/does and also the options that we can select..

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

It's really just for me to debug trainer options. I think it is related to testing using a receiver with SBUS output into the trainer jack input to provide wireless trainer capability. Still in development for SKY/PRO/9Xtreme.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Kaos: The only difference I can see between the PPM output on er9x and ersky9x(SKY) is the voltage level, which is 5V for er9x and 3.3V for ersky9x.
Looking at the thread on RCG, it seems the PRO MINI is running from 3.3V, but to handle the 5V from a 9X, there is a 10K/10K potential divider on the input. This would not work if supplied from a 3.3V signal.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I did ask a similar question on the Multiprotocol thread. but it was about a 2K2/10K divider, giving 2.7V for a 3.3V input. They said it should still work even at lower voltages..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think I remember what jhsa said about the lower voltages that p
kaos

Post by kaos »

I sort of remember rcgroup talked about the voltage thing that jhsa is talking about. If I remember correctly they were saying even <2 volt still works.
I guess I could bypass the divider for Sky9X by adding a reroute switch if this indeed is needed. That would be the 1st that something works on stock board while not working on SKY board. usually the other way around. ;)

What is the Taranis ppm voltage? I think there are people using this module on Taranis too.

edit:
I just ran the test by changing both to 'NEG', it took longer to bind for both radio. but result is the same, er9x flies, ersky9x pulsating motor with THR cut ON.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The Taranis uses a transistor buffer on the PPM output with a resistor to the battery voltage.
The Atmel MEGA328, running from 3.3V, is specified as a logic 1 is 2.31V (0.7*3.3) or higher.
If you have two 10K resistors on the input of your PRO MINI, dividing the input voltage, please try ersky9x with the first resistor shorted out.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Ok, Mike, I will give it a try. It may take a while, those thing were hot glued in the module box, will take a while to do that. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:

You did it. That is the problem. Once the 1st 10K is shorted, I can bind and fly with ERSKY9X. Yeah! :D :D
What a surprise, never thought something like this COULD happen, either it works, or it does not, this one is going crazy.

Now you think we should somehow let sky board owners knows about this thing? Because if they try this module with just a little bigger model, it will be very dangerous, the motor will start to full even with THR cut ON. I was lucky because I was playing with micros. Since you are working with Midelic, may be a PM to him to put this on that Thread's 1st page at RCGROUPS.
edit: actually, this is Goebish's code but the wiring is the same as the original Midelic's wiring except for video ch jumper. Here is the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954078
there is another thread with duo Flysky/Hubsan protocol module is pretty much the same.

Now, it seems to me, I can remove the whole divider on ppm for Ersky9x, or I do need the 2nd 10K resistor there? If sky board ppm is no more than 4V., it will be OK, but if can be higher then I need it, A7105 will burn out if > 3.9V according to Midelic.

I am going to make a switch between er9x and ersky9x so one will go through the divider, the other will not. I like to know if I can get rid of the 2nd resistor completely for ersky9x?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The SKY processor runs from 3.3V, so the output is only ever 3.3V.
The second resistor does hold the input signal to the PRO MINI low if no signal is driving it.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

thx Mike, I will do that. Then report back here when this module is working properly both on Sky9x and T9x.
Again, your help is very much appreciated.

Will this apply to the Multiprotocol module that you and Midelic are working on now? Seems to me it also runs through the ppm pin though using serial protocol.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've asked on the Multiprotocol thread on RCG.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
It works perfectly now on both er9x and ersky9x. I put the switch in so in case I need to use either Tx to fly I can slide the switch to proper position and do it. Now I just need to make a nice label for this module. :)
Thank you very much. I will be reading that Multiprotocol thread too.

the fW you gave to test this should be the same as my previous version except with the diag info added. I can just use them right?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, the firmware just has the diag added.
If the bottom resistor is replaced by a zener diode, and you keep a top resistor of a suitable value, then you won't need the switch!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You could post that idea on the forum. It seems like a very good one. ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “er9x”