flashing latest er9x

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
kaos

flashing latest er9x

Post by kaos »

OK, time to flash my old ER9X T9x which has the telemetry mod and wheel encoder.
have a copy of eepe r415, when I start it, always ask me there is a new version to download which I did, but every time try to install it, it says bad file or corrupted, can't install.
Anyway, so I use r415 to flash the radio, went through just fine, but now when I turn it on, it says eerom error and reformating it. NOw I turn on the radio, shows a model on it, but go to radio set up, wow, a bunch of weird character shows up, so is data info area.
Is there something else I need to do to flash to the latest version of er9x?

PS: half of the issue solved, I think I forgot on m64 you can not have custom splash screen? which I did, so I load another fresh copy of r819, Frysky NT and the screen is normal now.
still, can't download a good copy of eepe that is installable via eepe r415.

also found a couple isssues:
->under radio setup, control, the name of the stick, when moving down, the whole column is highlight on all four?? when enter a character all 4 are entered the same character
->Telemetry custom display, I cannot get to the six field, after 5th, it just jumps to next page of telemetry set up
Don't know this is the r819 issue or something to do with flashing with eepe r415.

jhsa

Re: flashing latest er9x

Post by jhsa »

Go to er9x.com and download the latest eepe from there. Bottom right of the page. You might have an old version of eepe and it is still looking for updates in google code that will close completely soon..

I will check the bugs you found to comfirm them (or not ;) ) as soon as I get to my radio and computer.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

kaos wrote:
also found a couple isssues:
->under radio setup, control, the name of the stick, when moving down, the whole column is highlight on all four?? when enter a character all 4 are entered the same character
It is working fine on my m2561 radio. If you mean you see that problem when editing the name of the 4 sticks, then I see no problem at all. I can edit the name of the 4 sticks separately..
->Telemetry custom display, I cannot get to the six field, after 5th, it just jumps to next page of telemetry set up
I confirm this bug. It is as Kaos says, it is not possible to land on the 6th field of the custom telemetry screen when editing it..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
kaos

Post by kaos »

yes, got it. So the link in eepe r415 is not correct.
This one on er9x.com says "(provisional version)" AND "use these for the 9Xtreme" that is why I never try that one. I don't have a 9Xtreme board.
I have a m64 stock board with telemetry, wheel encoder and spker mod.
here is the control screen:
20151103_020826.jpg
I can only change all 4 at the same time.

The version loaded is : v1.1004-Mike
er9x-r819
Frsky NT
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Ok, that might be only the m64 board then.. I'm not able to check that at the moment..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

googlecode messed around, before finally going inactive. One of the things they did was to block downloads of .exe files. The eepe installer is one of these. I had to change to downloading a .zip file instead, so you then need to save the file as a .zip, then unzip it to be able to run the installer.

While the version of eepe/eepskye at the bottom right of http://www.er9x.com says use these for the 9Xtreme, it means eepskye has support for the 9Xtreme, not they only work with the 9Xtreme.

I remember fixing that stick name editing bug. You could either try using one of the later test versions from here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598#p64969, or install the newer eepe and changing the stick names using that.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think goolecode is more than messing around, I was able to download the zip file and unzip it, but the unzipped file when run, the message is the file is corrupt or not working. I think we should just dump the googlecode link.

The stick name change is no big deal, I never change those name anyway. :) I was just messing around to find out what is the difference of the new version from my antique version. :mrgreen:

Mike:
Here is a real question. I made a A7105 module with pro mini (code from rcgroup Midelic) to control Hubsan 107D and V959and tested with er9x old version and today with the new version both can bind and fly hubsan 107D or v959 no problem. (still working on making them flip ;) ) But when I switch the module to Ersky9x radio using the r218 test version, it binds. But on Hubsan 107D, there is no throttle, no matter what I do. weird thing is the diagnotics data show the bottom stick is at- 94 while the top is 125, I used extended limit set at +-125. all other stick are +-125. (yes, I did recalibrate twice) If I binds to V959, once throttle cut is off even at bottom stick the two rear motor will go wild, stick won't affect the throttle at all, nore the throttle cut at this point. that did break my FPV antenna on the v959. I have to disconnect the V959 battery to stop them. (fortunate these are micro models, not my 450 quad)
plug module back to er9x radio. works fine. So may be my ersky9x radio has something wrong with the throttle pot. Nope, I put a Flysky module which I can bind to v959 and fly without any problem except I can't flip.
So the only thing I can think of is some how there is a difference in er9x and ersky9x out put signal to the module. weird. :?
I can put both radio on, and plug the module in er9x connect Hubsan battery, flys. unplug and plug into ersky9x (did not even turn off the radio) and connect battery on Hubsan, it binds, but no throttle. unplug from ersky9x , put back in er9x (both radio were on all the time while I was doing this swapping test) connect battery of Hubsan, it flys. I did this over an over again same result.
I am going nuts with this weird situation. I have checked all the setting: mixes, switches.... there is basically no setting on thr, just ch3 100 Thr, using extended limit +- 125, with one line for throttle cut (R -100 HALF THR) (but diagnostic data show ~-94 at bottom stick only on Thr when THR is off), with a linear curve assigned or just leave curve blank. same result.
any idea?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I can't see any obvious differencies between er9x and ersky9x to account for erksy9x not working here.
Do you have any sub-trim set on the throttle channel?
On the limits screen, move the highlight down to channel 3, and the number at the top of the screen shows the pulse width in uS.
What is the lowest number this shows with the THR switch in each position?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Are sure you didn't swap channels? Check the channel order.
Weight at 125 even with extended limits ON, won't do nothing but introduce dead band at the end of stick movement.
To get 125% of travel leave the mix at 100 enable extended limits and change both limits to -125/+125.
If you are seeing -94 wth a weight on a basic mix with a weight of 100, then calibrate the sticks.
Also, I'm not sure the multi protocol is fully working on your version of ersky9x. Probably not.. Stck to er9x for now until Mike releases a new test version of ersky9x

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
There is no subtrim on Thr ch in both radio.
the pluse width is almost identical:
ersky9x: 1040 -> 2140
er9x: 1070 -> 2140
I just checked, actually on the main screen both are: -94.4 -> 125 Thr from bottom to top. with THR on -125

Jhsa:
I am not using the exact Multiprotocol, only the Flysky-Hubsan-V2 with an on/off switch to select protocol before this multiprotocol started, since I only have A7105 in this module.
It works on both v959 and hubsan on new and antique er9x. I never tried the old ersky9x version. I normally try these DIY thing in my backup er9x 1st before I put in the ersky9x radio, just in case I made some bad mistake and burn the radio. ;)
I have calibrated more than twice on both radio to make sure it was not the calibration.
Both are AETR, that is what I use normally. At one point, I put both radio together and copy line by line from the er9x to ersky9x to make sure there is no variable there.
and yes, the mixes are 100 only limit is +-125.
Last edited by kaos on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

As I said before your ersky9x version might not fully support the multiprotocol module yet. I'm using a test version that fix a few problems. Before, I couldn't use ersky9x as well.. If you want I can try to PM you the same version I'm using to see if it works..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mine is not exactly using the multiprotocol module, single module with different protocol. The multiprotocol version I think has different input to pro mini on module selection. Does the multiprotocol code /schematics works the same way on my single module?
I did not look into it in detail. because I am not sure I want to buy the PCB board. and I am not a great fan of powering multiple radio module at the same time while only using one of them. I am waiting to see if they can progress to electronically turn on/off each module of choice to use. Actually, one module with 4 antennas sticking out kind of looks funny. :mrgreen:
I personally prefer single module box single tx module with multiple protocol. Like the A7150 with v959 and hubsan v1/2. Make things a lot easier and cleaner.
If you think the test version of ersky9x can work with my module, I will be glad to give it a try.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

It is called multiprotocol but you can build it with only one RF module. That's what I did. And why do you have to buy a PCB? I didn't, I used some stripboard. Please have a look at the pictures..

What single module do you have/built??

João
Attachments
MultiProtocol-1.jpg
MultiProtocol-2.jpg
MultiProtocol-3.jpg

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

I see you also only have a single module in there??
I have the A7105 built and that is the one working on er9x not ersky9x. I see you did a good job there. Mine is just a bunch of wires packed in the box. (I will make a nice label on the outside though, so you can't see the noodled up guts :lol: )
I have another (same as in your pic NRLF24L01) coming, I also want to put it in one box. With two modules, you can fly 2/3 of the micro/mini models already. So far I only have 3 different protocol needed for my micros, Flysky, hubsan v2 and Hisky. I already have a Hisky specific module, but would be nice to have a nRLF24L01 module able to do other protocols (V2x2.......)
The other big market use is the CYRF6936 for walkera models, which I don't have any yet, but that module is out of stock every where. so I am not in a hurry.
so you are saying the code/schematics for multiprotoxol has the same pin in/out of pro mini for module and our radio compared to my single module on pro mini? i know Medilec trying to keep everything the same way, just don't know whether this multiprotocol/module is the same.
They already come out with auto antenna switching thing going, once they come out with selectable power switching (to each module) I may consider doing one. Actually, that is not a bad idea, just add a power source switch, Medlic and Mike already working on switching protocol on er9x/ersky9x now.. :) But without that board, no way to cram 4 module and a promini in there. If they come out with a board already have smd components, just add module to it, I think I will get one. The board is 18.xx for 3.
20151102_010309.jpg
YOu are a moderator, I think we should move these posts to a new thread? :)

Just got your PM, thank you, What I need to do to select the protocol I want (under telemetry?????), remember I have a switch connect to pro mini D6 for selection of flysky or huband V1/2 already. don't know how exactly that work out with your test version ersky9x??
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think we might be talking about the same project:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2165676

My module doesn't have any switches because the protocol is controlled by er9x/ersky9x.
I only have a couple of those Cheerson CX-10 from Banggood hence the NRLF24L01.

Let us know if that version of ersky9x works..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Not exactly. i am doing this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954078
That is why I said I don't know exactly how the code and pro mini wiring are the same or not.
I know Mike and Medlic are working on the multiprotocol you are talking about switching protocol from Tx and I believe that is your test version Ersky9x is for. I just don't know the above line I wrote.
I will give it a try, the worst is it is not going to work, I just don't want to find out the pin in my project from Tx ppm to promini end up with a pin in your project's out put which May (I don't know) blow back up to my ersky9x Tx. I don't think so, since there is a 10k+10K divider on my ppm pin before it gets to D6 on pro mini, but I am not an electronic expert. I hate to second guess on that till I found out smoke coming out my radio/module. ;)
Can you tell me on your pro mini pin out/in to transceiver and radio V+, gnd, ppm?
this is my pro mini hook up, I have a 3.3V reg between the radio V+ and promini feeding both promini an A7105.
!cid_17B2F3A1CE5D4D8EA12391C5595F384F@MichaelPC.jpg
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

kaos: Please try the following on ersky9x.
1. Create a new model.
2. Enable extended limits.
3. On the Aileron and Throttle channels, set the limits to -125 to +125.
4. While on the limits menu, monitor the number on the top line for both channels as you move the stick end to end. It should go from 860 to 2140.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kaos, that is a completely different project.. That uses PPM, mine uses serial connected to the RX pin of the arduino, not D6. I thought we could be using the same module because at some point I think you mentioned the multiprotocol project.. But yours is a different one. Sorry for the confusion

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Kaos: Turn T-Trim OFF!!!!!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
yes, you got that 860 right. when t-trim is on, throttle is 1017 to 2140 while AER are 860 to 2140, once I turned t-trim off. all AETR goes from 860 to 2140.
But I tried to bind again with T-trim off, all set at +-125 limit. Same thing, it binds (as indicated by led light on Hubsan became steady) but no throttle, the motor won't start where ever the Thr is.
It is intriguing that i am sure I have bind the Hubsan to er9x with t-trim ON last night. Even today when I try to figure out how to set video ch on Hubsan, Hubsan reset vieo ch when start up with stock Tx to 5725MHz, but my goggle can only get a clear image on 5845 MHz, I have to reset the video channel to use my goggle each time once the stock Tx has been off. so I have to rebind to er9x to see how to change video ch on er9x which has the t-trim on as of now.

note: I already figure out how to change led light on Hubsan with er9x, it actually has 3 modes can be programed, on ch5: >1 off, <1 on, right around 0-1 is flashing (different flashing than low battery flashing) :)

Jhsa:
I thought so too. No worry. I was not sure about the 'true' multiprotocol detail either.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

So what, exactly, are the protocol settings you are using?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

On the module, switch to Hubsan protocol by a switch.
on er9x and ersky9x, with or without t-trim, er9x binds and fly fine. ersky9x seems binding (led on Hubsan becomes steady like with er9x) but no throttle response binding with or without t-trim.
both er9x and ersky9x Have AETR with weight 100, extended limit, limit set at -125 to 125 on all AETR.
Ersky9x 'protocol'
ppm2 startch : follow
ppm2 ch: 8ch
(I don't think this is related)
This part are the same for er9x and ersky9x:
proto: PPM 8ch 300 uS
ppm Frlen: 22.5 Sec (hmm, on er9x it shows as 22.5 mSec)
1st ch: 1
polarity: POS

This is a module using A7105 only with a switch on pro mini D6 to switch between Hubsan V1/2 protocol and Flysky protocol (switch set before binding).
using this hex file for pro mini: "FlySky_HubsanTx_V2_M328_16Mhz.hex"
FlySky_HubsanTx_V2_M328_16Mhz.hex
(15.5 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
as listed in here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=2
kaos

Post by kaos »

I don't know whether this affect any thing or not. Just give you all the info I have.
Supposedly the proposed module uses m328 16MHz at 3.3V because A7105 only take 3.3V. i am using a 5V promini 328 16Mhz but feeding the power via a 3.3V regulator to Vcc and supply power to A7105.
It works on er9x. but trouble with ersky9x.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hmm, Maybe the divider? er9x PPM level is around 5V. ersky9x PPM level is 3.3V

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike:
found another bug in er9x, in logical switch, the trigger switch is missing "TRN", but IS in ERSKY9X. I was trying to program a flip switch and found TRN is not on the choices.
I have m64 Frysky NT version.

NOTE:
More progress on Hubsan set up with er9x. I am able to program it to flip with only one stick movement instead of back and forth as the stock tx needs to do. In stock to do a back flip you need to move Ele to full up then down to do a back flip.
with er9x L switch I can turn GEA on whenever Ail or Ele moves beyond 90% in any direction (which is probably not used in any style of flying beside trying to flip) , the bird will flip. Great!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I will also check on my er9x radio.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Very silly question but, you have the THR switch set to override the throttle stick. You have switched this to enable the throttle haven't you?

On er9x, there are only 4 bits for the AND switch, so TRN is missing to allow 7 rather than 6 logical switches. If you really need TRN, you have to use one of the logical switches avalable (L1 to L7) set to TRN AND TRN.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
kaos

Post by kaos »

Mike;
yes, I did. Now I understand why TRN is missing. why not leave TRN (which is an existing physcial switch) and only use 6 L switches. If you use Lx the switch won't be Lx by itself, or it can? Just thinking.

Ok, now I know how to use TRN in er9x. Thank you.

While working on this, I found out I really don't need to use a L switch to flip at all. I can tie ch6 (flip channel switch) to ID2 in the mix and adjust the weight, then when ever I need to flip just go to ID2 acro mode and flip. The switch is to set ch6 > 1500 that Hubsan required to flip.

Jhsa:
I read more about the Multiprotocol thread and saw your board in the box. Nice to be able to just use 1 up to 4 modules as needed. Is there enough room to put another A7105 in your box there? I have some smd cap to save some space. Since Mike and Midelic already have the model selection working via er9x/ersky9x, I might as well go the multiprotocol route for my NR24L01 that is coming and test the FW. But would be nice to jam another A7105 (I have one extra A7105 I can fool around) in there so both can be selected via Tx without physical switch. I may put a power switch to turn on/off the module I don't use to save some power and less GHz traffic. ;)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I'm not sure, it might there be some space under the arduino, or if using SMD caps, maybe on the other side of the arduino.. I didn't really pay attention to it as I only wanted to use one module.. I only have the CX-10 quads for now. I might build a frsky clone, but it will go inside other case ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
kaos

Post by kaos »

Thx, Jhsa. I will see how it goes when I get my NR.. something. I saw that Frysky thing, if it will support sport X mode, I may make one too. I only have DJT, DHT not really need XJT. But the available LR receiver is very temping. ;)

Return to “er9x”