Do I read 9xr manual first then the Pro or some other?

Hardware Support for the 9XR Pro
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Hi guys I am very new in fact still building my first quad250, the waiting for parts is driving me nuts. Anyway I went ahead and bought a 9xr Pro as the 9xr was no longer available from hobby king [ or on backorder forever] anyway it has arrived and though I have looked at so many youtube reviews I am a little lost.
The Pro manuals assume you know what the basic layout is, and I dont!
They assume you know what the terms to describe the knobs and dials and their functions, I dont!

I have a DJT module and a D4R-11 receiver. Module plugged in, receiver not paired yet as waiting for another battery, yes very new!

So I have sort of worked out that the 9xr manual does give a bit of detail, not much, so I assume that by looking at the 9xr and then the Pro manuals I will get an idea of why my quad is heading for the trees and some idea of what to do.
I do have a little Latrax Alias quad that has a very basic radio and so know some basics but the Pots for example dont seem to follow a basic left to right numbering system,why? So when I calibrate them it doesnt make sense that I twiddle the far left one, expecting the rising left column to move and it doesnt?
Ok the various switches stuck all over it like a porcupine dont all apply to a quad but which do?
Am I expecting too much, I am nearly 60, but want to have a go at this new hobby, I live in australia and it is coming up to our spring/summer and good flying weather, so bear with me thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Do I read 9xr manual first then the Pro or some other?

Post by MikeB »

Have you found and read these manuals for the 'PRO?
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=5575#p79483

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

I can understand that you find the various switches and knobs confusing, but that's only because you haven't yet come to grips with what you are trying to do with the transmitter. It's like looking at the dash of a car without knowing how to drive. Don't fuss about why is P1 here and P2 there. You would have a similar reaction to any advanced transmitter.

You need to start by understanding what your quad needs the radio to do. You'll find it's really quite simple but you have to know exactly what each channel does. Then you can tackle the manual a step at a time. Choosing which switch to use for a given function is the least of your issues.

Age is no excuse. For lots of us 60 is quite a while ago! :)
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, yes I can see that 60 was a date passed a while back by some. It is a learning curve but hey it looks like a fun hobby so onwards and upwards right?
And yes mike I have found these links to the manuals very handy, slowly working through them. cheers
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

That's how I think about if. It's a challenge to be addressed. Some people don't like that idea though -- it's amazing how many haven't learned to set up a simple model with dual rates!

So welcome. Youll find lots of people ready to help with specific questions.

indept

Post by indept »

When you ask about the switches and pots and which apply to a quad the short answer is all of them and none of them. That means you have to assign them in the mixes menu and define their limits etc. The pro has some basic templates but you're not going to pick one and just fly. A good source of info is youtube.com. search 9xr & 9xr pro there and you will find out how to set basic stuff up.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Here are a few videos I made a while ago.. I hope they help. I was planning to do some more.. Maybe in the winter :)

João

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB9mGdZLlOI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcyKogexxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR0S6iHfX5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQfrz3b7VBc
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The videos should help.

The first and crucial step in any programming is to write down exactly what you want each channel to do. For this, if you are using a flight controller, the source is the manual for your specific FC.

If you are not sure you've got it right, check with the experts who know your FC. They are probably not to be found on a radio forum.
roscored1000

Post by roscored1000 »

well I got the quad built to the point where it has power and can fly [sort of] now it is a case of learning how to adjust the programming of the 9xr so I can fly where I want to go at the pace I want rather than the quad being the boss.

Return to “Turnigy 9XR PRO radio”