9XR pin(s) help please

Hardware Support for the 9XR
midge5

9XR pin(s) help please

Post by midge5 »

Hi All, I am new to OpenRC and curently working on tracing the 9XR PCB to a schematic diagram but I have hit a little bit of a stubling block as I dont actually have the full 9XR, only the main PCB, I am about 98% of the way to completion but need to know where 2 wires are routed before I finish the diagram, I am hoping that someone currently working on their XR or someone that has the knowledge can tell me where pin 2 of J23 ends up (x2 Pin 15 of U6 - 4051 dmpx/mpx) and also pin 2 of J1 (X1 Pin 14 of U6 - 4051 dmpx/mpx) I can see through trawling many images that they are wire to breakout/distribution pcb's left and right of the 9XR below the gimbals but thats it, and on some but not all images I can see pin 2 of J23 isn't connected at all?

any help would be much appreciated in my efforts to complete my schematic once and for all.

Thankyou for reading - all the best - Midge5.
Always willing to learn, though these days it takes alot. a very lonely old dog can indeed still learn new tricks (Just)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9XR pin(s) help please

Post by MikeB »

Nowhere! They are available for possible expansion reasons.
You should find R27 fitted and R73 not fitted. This routes the battery voltage sense to port F pin 7. If R73 is fitted and R27 is not fitted, then the analog multiplexor (U6) may be used to route these two signals to port F pin 7, as well as the battery voltage sense.
PC7, PC6 and PC0 control the multiplexor, although PC7 and PC6 are used for doing the FrSky telemetry mod.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
midge5

Re: 9XR pin(s) help please

Post by midge5 »

Thanks Mike once again, looking a little closer at the 4051 I can now see, late night & old age creeping up I guess. So theoretically could the 4051 could be ommitted too?
I will be using the FrSky telemetry mod evenually but there's a long way to go before this happens, its keeping me busy though which is the main thing ;-)

George (aka Midge5)
Always willing to learn, though these days it takes alot. a very lonely old dog can indeed still learn new tricks (Just)

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”