FRUSTRATING Flashing Turnigy 9x with er9x ..frozen when I tr

Hardware Support for the 9XR
mac177

FRUSTRATING Flashing Turnigy 9x with er9x ..frozen when I tr

Post by mac177 »

Hi guys,
I flashed a couple of Turnigy 9X identical with the same tolls: usbasp, companion 9x program, cables etc. I wanted to update with stable er9x.hex firmware.
What's happened....
First flashing was ok in both radio with default start page, but later I decided to flash again changing with a custom start page.
Schermata 2014-05-14 alle 16.06.26.png
The flashing went until the end (writing and verifying) but with errors. After that when I turned on the radio was dead! So I tried to flash once more but nothing, this time it says:

avrdude: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

From that moment on, and evry my trial was always the same massage I dropped above! NOTHING for both radios ...are they definitively DEAD?
So I thought that was the m64 ..I changed it in one radio to see what would be happened and after replacing the m64 ..ready to flash it for first time, I set again the custom start page and the flashing went until the end (writing and verifying) but with errors again like first time!!
Now again like first time ..the radio is DEAD each time I try to flash.

WHICH IS THE PROBLEM? I'M NOT ABLE TO FOCUS THE RIGHT POINT..

CAN YOU HELP ME?

THANKS TO ALL

massimo

jhsa

Re: FRUSTRATING Flashing Turnigy 9x with er9x ..frozen when

Post by jhsa »

Welcome to the forum. download the original file again from google code, DO NOT CHANGE THE PICTURE, and try to flash again..
But the "target doesn't answer" error could mean that the programmer doesn't see the chip.. check your connections. you didn't use the -F option, did you?

Also if you're trying to flash er9x use "eepe" instead of "companion9x"

João

P.S. - I deleted the other thread you created as it was a duplicate of this one.. Keep all in one place and you will get all the information together. Better that way ;)
Enjoy the forum and I hope you solve the problem quickly..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
mac177

Post by mac177 »

Thanks for reply!
I tried but nothing ..connection are good, don't forget that first time original er9x was successfully installed on the both radios ..later on with same progra, same cable, same everything I tried to flash again putting custom page ..but nothing and from that moment on the radios are blocked ..Can I let the m64 return as factory setting?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

As João said, use eepe rather than companion to flash er9x.

In the Burn|Configure menu of eepe try adding -B500. If your USBASP supports this, then it will slow the programming clock and may let the programmer find the processor.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”