Taranis Rev 0.1 RGB Backlight

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
mnementh

Taranis Rev 0.1 RGB Backlight

Post by mnementh »

Hey everyone; I've just completed a test video on my "proof of concept" RGB Backlight for the Taranis.

Due to the nature of the LCD and existing backlight plastic assembly, I'm having trouble fitting any LED besides the same 3528 size ones I'm using with the 9XR Pro RGB backlight. Space constrictions limit how far I can "set back" the light assembly; so I'm experiencing a bit of "footlighting effect" type hotspots along the top edge.

I've tried a number of different diffusion films; nothing that can fix the problem effectively allows adequate light to pass through.

So I'm asking here for opinions...

Is this an acceptable compromise as it is? Or am I just being too picky? I know it CAN be used this way; I can see it in person. It REALLY bugs me though, that I can't seem to get rid of those hotspots...

Also, if anybody has any ideas other than diffusion plastic, or a different type (I've used 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 gels; single vertical, horizontal and dual criss-crossed Lambertian filter films) of diffusion material I'd love to hear it.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/9M9Fn3ZvBXs[/BBvideo]

Taranis Rev 0.1 RGB Backlight.

Thanks,

mnem
*Lit, but uneven*

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”