Fail safe DJI assistant and Taranis

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
WyDiablo

Fail safe DJI assistant and Taranis

Post by WyDiablo »

I have my fail safe setup on switch "SF" on the Taranis for my TBS Disco and also my X4 650MM quad. I can flip the "SF" switch and with it connected to the DJI assistant program it goes into fail safe but the throttle does not more. But when I turn off the tx it goes into fail safe according to the assistant program and the throttle will go up to 50% that's doing the fail safe this way on both quads.When I set the fail safe up on the x8r rx I moved the throttle to 50% before setting fail safe binding.

gohsthb

Re: Fail safe DJI assistant and Taranis

Post by gohsthb »

How are you setting failsafe on the receiver? What receivers are you using?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

DJI controllers don't care where the throttle is once the "U" channel tells them to enter failsafe.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Why do they call it failsafe? ;) if it was induced, it didn't fail :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You set the receiver's failsafe to put the U channel in the "failsafe" range so the controller knows link has been lost, and initiates automatic return to home and landing.
As it's just a particular position on a channel it means you can of course also trigger it yourself should you want to.

WyDiablo

Post by WyDiablo »

My fail safe has been set and works after binding to x8r to the taranis x9d. Why they call it fail safe who the hell knows. I have fail safe set to a switch "SF" and when its pulled forward fail safe kicks in but the throttle on my quad does not move to 50% according to the dji assistant software. If I turn the tx off the fail safe kicks in and the throttle moves to 50% according to the dji assistant. I was wondering why it did not do the same thing n\by moving the "SF" switch forward. The tx needs to be set at 50% throttle when fail safe kicks in or it will drop like a rock.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

Set an extra replace mix on the throttle channel that moves it to 50% when switch f is pulled.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I repeat, the dji controller does not care where the throttle is when fail-safe is activated. But if you really want it centered anyway then yes you'd do that.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”