using two different 2.4 modules simultaneously

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
csquared

using two different 2.4 modules simultaneously

Post by csquared »

I set my Taranus up to use the internal FrSky module and an external Spektrum module at the same time. I sent channels 1-8 to one and 9-16 to the other. Everything seems to work fine. I pointed the antennas 90 deg from each other hoping this might reduce interference. I have not done any type of range check. My question is, has anyone had any interference problems with two different 2.4 antennas so close together.

Kilrah

Re: Re : using two different 2.4 modules simultaneously

Post by Kilrah »

Uplink to the model should work fine, but you might lose telemetry feedback.

Sent via mobile
mmilan

Re: using two different 2.4 modules simultaneously

Post by mmilan »

Been flying two FrSky modules at same time with no glitches and good telemetry.
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

I've wondered if this was possible on a Taranis. The 9x didn't have enough power apparently to do 12 ch with two Spektrum modules.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

On the 9x you could use the trainer port to feed upper channels into another spektrum module that worked with PPM. You could have the channels from the first module in the module bay (6 channels?) plus the channels from the other one. (8 channels?)..
How can you connect 2 Spektrum modules to the taranis even if one is only PPM? Only the same way? Using the trainer port?
If I'm not understanding something here I do apologise. Just saying that it was possible with the 9x.

João

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

I wanted to use 2 genuine Spektrum modules on a 9x, one internally and the other on the trainer. At the time, my understanding was that there might not be enough processing power in the 9x to handle 12 channels of Spektrum serial protocol. You could use two OrangeRX PPM modules because the module handled the serial conversion.

The OP talked spoke of using a Spektrum module (PPM or serial?) with the internal Frsky module. I was wondering if you could use a hack module with serial protocol simultaneously with the internal Frsky module. With 16 channels availible on "X" recievers, there's no longer any need. Just wondering if it could be done.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can use whatever protocol is supported on each output in whatever combination, just like on the 9x.
csquared

Post by csquared »

Thanks everyone for all the good input. My original concern had to do with interference due to the two 2.4ghz antennas being so close together. No one seems to have had much of a problem with interference. I will try it out with some long range testing.
g6ejd

Post by g6ejd »

Both radio protocols are frequency agile so probabilistically never end up on the same channels, leaving just receiver blocking, which will be out of band for the given channel, I don't know what the selectivity is but clearly not a problem in practice as many people are using two modules together.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”