Taranis Wizard

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: Taranis Wizard

Post by bertrand35 »

Yes I use Lua inside the simu (the one on libFox toolkit, compiled with make simu LUA=YES PCB=TARANIS) everyday. You just need place your files inside a TEMPLATES directory, as you do on the radio itself.
I added some traces (and especially a VM RAM used trace). I think I saved 10kBytes or RAM this morning for the execution of the Plane wizard. It should be enough for now (there are a lot of areas where we could save RAM in this interpreter). I will commit later today.
Bertrand

bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

With the latest RAM savings, the wizard works perfectly. There are two keys which are harcoded (for all scripts):
- [Exit Long] kills the current script
- [Menu Long] displays/hides info about memory used by the current script
Attachments
snapshot_01.png
snapshot_01.png (2.15 KiB) Viewed 8154 times
Infinity

Re: Taranis Wizard -Error wizard.lua:6

Post by Infinity »

Windows 7
companion 1.99.7
openTX 1.99.7

Created directory templates where I placed the 3 *.lua files and all of the *.bmp files
Dir.png
Settings in companion
Settings.png
Create new eepe
OpenTX.png
Pressing the button "Sender Simulation" (simulate transmitter) creates the following error popup
Error.png
Error.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 8108 times
Any idea what I'm doing wrong so that modell wizards doesn't run in simulator?
Thanks!
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Taranis Wizard

Post by dvogonen »

The Companion checkboxes for firmware settings do not influence the firmware simulator . They only influence which firmware that is downloaded. This is counter intuitive, but it is the way it is.
Checking the checkbox for lua is not necessary.

As far as I can see you have done everything right. It would be a good idea to open an issue report from OpenTX home page to get the issue sorted. Your copy of the file wizard.lua will be needed since there is no version information available to track the problem. The script files are just text and when something breaks the script files are needed, just like the eeprom files are needed to track down faults in a model setup.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

There is no '<' at line 6, wouldn't you have some <<<< and >>>> in your lua files (merge problem)?

Infinity

Post by Infinity »

It indeed seems to be a conversion problem caused by the way I do the download.
I'm using Firefox 29.0.1 and I'm doing a right click on the *.lua files and choose here "save target under" by using this link (https://github.com/opentx/opentx/tree/next/radio/wizard).
When I open the downloaded file with a text editor it looks like
download.png
and I guess that causes the problem.
Any idea of how to download the *.lua files correctly?
Just copy and pasting the text within the lua files into a text file and save that with the extension .lua doesn't work either, but doesn't bring up any error.
Thanks!
tilmanb

Post by tilmanb »

Click on raw in the file editor view of github. That is the actual file and not the web view.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Thanks tilmanb, that was exactly what I needed. After downloading all files again by right clicking on raw and saving it, it works now as expected!
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy bertrand,

yes now LUA runs under Simulator
download raw was the solution

will test it at Taranis itself too

Helle
slowjett

Post by slowjett »

Hey any update on this? Can this be used on current firmware?

I know opentx companion has a wizard but now there are no templates on the radio itself and I'm curious why this wizard feature is not standard with the firmware? I was in the field and had to set up a new model for vtail and I wasn't quite sure exactly how to do it. This 'in radio' wizard would have been so helpful. Instead I wasted like 30 min getting it done.

Again this should be standard in the firmware.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The basic radio wizard is available in firmware 2.0 and up, you just need to load it onto your SD card. It will then appear automatically when you create a new model, or you can of course call it manually.

http://www.open-tx.org/2014/06/02/lua-wizard/
slowjett

Post by slowjett »

Awesome, thank you!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”