Confused about A1 display

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Redbrickman

Confused about A1 display

Post by Redbrickman »

With my Tx on and no receiver switched on if I display the telemetry screen I see A1 displaying 6.57 volts. No idea why this is happening, probably a simple explanation in the setup somewhere but I can't figure it out :oops:

TX battery voltage is 8.2V so don't think it's related.
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!

Kilrah

Re: Confused about A1 display

Post by Kilrah »

You likely have an offset defined in a1 configuration.

Sent via mobile
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Thanks Kilrah, I think you spot on with that. I cleared all the settings and just added the 13.2v value to the A1 screen and 10.7 as an alarm value (not sure where I plucked that figure from though) will have to check min safe value for a 3 cell lipo.

Now it only shows the Model Lipo voltage or if no model powered up shows zero for both.

Thanks.

Just finished swapping the Trainer switch over to the LH side and swapping the main loom wires so that both switches are still seen correctly by the firmware, and the surprising for me the radio still works :D
Maintain thine airspeed.
gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

for a 3S lipo it can never go below 9V (3V per cell). Start out setting the alarm around 10.5 volts. Then right after landing check the voltage. If it seems you can get more flight time then shift the alarm down some. You could also set 2 alarms. One at 10.5V and one lower at like 9.8. Kind of a "You should land soon", and a "land asap!" set of alarms.
-Gohst
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Thanks Gohsthb, will set two as suggested, that may prevent the "just another flight" scenario which many have fallen foul of before telemetry came along :)
Maintain thine airspeed.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”