Disable Channel with Input Switch

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
MrLee

Disable Channel with Input Switch

Post by MrLee »

Hi,

I have X7S with two RC systems connected, one has the RX with 8 channels, the other is down an SBUS wire with CH19-CH16 on an SBUS decoder.

I want to switch out the First RC system and engage the second.

i.e. I want to disable the first 8 Channels and use the same inputs on the second 8 channels.

I'm assuming that it's a case of adding a mixer to that channel to include the switch I am using to disable say channel 1 and enable channel C9?

Thanks

rdeanchurch

Re: Disable Channel with Input Switch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Does your transmitter run ErSky or OpenTx?
If OpenTx do you use Companion?

You can't really disable a channel output, but you can disconnect it from any Input that moves it from its default.
Just Duplicate the mixes on channel 1 through 8.
On each channel add a switch to enable disable the line based on the switch position.
Like SwF up for channels 1 through 8. If that is on the first line of each mix that is all that is needed.
If it makes more obvious to you what is happening add SwF down to the other mix on that channel.

But this would make channels 1 through 8 on SBUS have the outputs.

To make channels 9 thru 16 have the out put, you need to take all mixes from channels with SwF Up or down (your choice) and cut them from 1 through 8 and paste them to Mixes 9 thru 16. This is quite easy to do in Companion...I've never tried to do this on the tx and don't have experience with duplicating mixes or cutting and pasting on the tx.

But you have told us the solution you want and not what the problem is.
You do not need two receivers to do what this seems to accomplish.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”