problems with FrSky X-Lite S and XR4R

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
Caouec

problems with FrSky X-Lite S and XR4R

Post by Caouec »

Hi

Can I get some help please? New to this and struggling to get my kit working (hopefully the answer isn't too embarrassingly obvious). I have the following:
  • - Transmitter: FrSky X-Lite S - firmware opentx-xlites version 2.3.9 EERP 219 with Internal module ISRM-S 1.1.0/1.1.3EU (I am in France); and
    - Receiver: FrSky RX4R flashed with RX4R_ACCESS_2.1.0.frsk
I've read through the OpenTXU introductory courses and used OpenTX Companion to flash the firmware in the transmitter to the latest version. Then used the SD card in the X-Lite to flash the latest firmware to the RX4R.
On the transmitter in Model 1 the Internal RF is set to ACCESS. I've selected Module [REG] and powered up the receiver with the bind button depressed. The X-Lite never seems to recognise the RX4R, it remains in 'waiting...' mode, chirping happily but otherwise seemingly doing nothing.

On the RX4R I see the following: sold RED and BLUE LEDs initially, changing to sold GREEN and RED after a moment, then nothing happens.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, why can't I register the receiver? As I say, I hope the answer isn't too embarrassingly obvious.
Thanks in advance for any guidance, suggestions or support.

Kilrah

Re: problems with FrSky X-Lite S and XR4R

Post by Kilrah »

Caouec wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:58 am Internal module ISRM-S 1.1.0/1.1.3EU
Receiver: FrSky RX4R flashed with RX4R_ACCESS_2.1.0.frsk
These need to match. Flash internal module with 2.1.0.
Caouec

Re: problems with FrSky X-Lite S and XR4R ***SOLVED***

Post by Caouec »

***SOLVED***
Thanks for the quick response and advice - works like a charm! Many thanks.

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”