X-lite Pro will not bind...Yes i am a rookie

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
FPVTrey

X-lite Pro will not bind...Yes i am a rookie

Post by FPVTrey »

Hello,

Short story before the long story, I have not been able to bind my x Lite pro to my tiny hawk freestyle. Following the directions of these steps. ( https://github.com/betaflight/betafligh ... PI%20RX.md ) I believe my X lite internal antenna is not working?!? Rookie Guess..

Long Story, I am new to the FPV drone scene and have been learning a lot unfortunately from this situation. I first purchased a Tiny whoop Nano with my X-lite and had a terrible time getting it bound. one time it worked but the nano would never arm. Tried several steps to troubleshoot, as far as learning how to upgrade FW via OpenTX. So after trying builds from Frsky site and Opentx Companion i sent the Nano back. I now have a Tiny Hawk Freestyle. I have down the bind process via button and the CLI command bind_rx_spi. With builds most current builds from Frsky site, OpenTX and Open TX nightlies. Nothing has given me a successful bind. From D8 to D16 to ACCST D16 modes.

I am only left with the rookie thought that my internal antenna does not work on my Xlite. I have ordered a IrangeX thingy for multi proto to try.

BUT!! how can i test to know if my internal antenna is working or not? Can anyone help me get my first FPV flight going please!

Kilrah

Re: X-lite Pro will not bind...Yes i am a rookie

Post by Kilrah »

SPI RXs in D16 mode are notoriously finicky, someone posted a series of CLI commands that supposedly work with the Pro. Don't have a link at hand though. Also I believe the latest betaflight beta has fixes for it.
FPVTrey

Post by FPVTrey »

When you say latest betaflight beta. What does that mean? I upgraded the firmware of the FC through betaflight already and I'll have to search for thoes commands.

Is it a rookie move to assume the internal antenna is bad? Can I do something to test the internal antenna is working?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Test with an actual FrSky receiver and not a third party thing that is attempting to be compatible without necessarily getting everything right.
FPVTrey

Post by FPVTrey »

Solved. So the two are binding but not sending a confirmation to trigger the blinking Bind LED. Had to use commands in CLI of betaflight to confirm and save the bind settings.

heijoe

Post by heijoe »

Hi FPVtrey
I am a rookie too.
I have the same problem, could you make a guide for dummies. I have beta flight but i can't figur out how.
Could you make a step by step ?
Regards Heinrich

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”