Using S-Port Mirror to get CRSF Telemetry

Hardware help and support for the FrSky Taranis
pixelscript

Using S-Port Mirror to get CRSF Telemetry

Post by pixelscript »

Hi All,

I have a crossfire micro and I'm wanting to use the telemetry data for an antenna tracker. The crossfire micro doesn't have bluetooth so there is no nice interface to get at it.

I've been trying to make a custom build of opentx that forwards the telemetry data over the smartport in the same way that it does for frsky telemetry. See here for more discussion around that. I've messed around a lot to try and get parseable data but I'm not having much luck. Some of the things I've tried:

* Running the smartport and serial receiver to both be at either 400000 baud rate or 115200 baud rate.
* Preventing frsky from writing to the smartport uart.
* Used multiple serial receivers, arduino, usb serial devices, etc.
* Tapping the telemetry pin the the module bay directly - that didn't really work, as I think the arduino affects the signal somehow because the telemetry is lost as soon as the usb is plugged in.

Regardless of what I do I don't seem to be able to get data in the format I would expect, from my research it should look like this:

Code: Select all

* Every frame has the structure:
 * <Device address><Frame length><Type><Payload><CRC>

Where Device address should be 0xEA, however none of the data I get looks like that.

Wondering if anyone else has tried doing this and had any luck, or if anyone has any insights as to where I might be going wrong!

Cheers,

Chris

pixelscript

Re: Using S-Port Mirror to get CRSF Telemetry

Post by pixelscript »

Ah, I think I need to invert the signal!

Return to “FrSky Taranis radio”