Model definition corrupt

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
mpjf01

Model definition corrupt

Post by mpjf01 »

Attached is an eepe file with two models. The first was copied off my radio today (along with all the others that were there) and extracted to a new eepe file. The second was the same model copied from a backup file on my PC. The first model has become seriously corrupt since I flew a model with it two days ago. I'm curious about how this might have happened. I did not connect my Taranis to a computer between using it for flying and the discovery of the problem. As far as I can tell so far this is the only model affected. It was not the last model used in the flying session and was not the selected model when I turned on the radio today.

I also discovered that if I read the eepe from the radio and then attempt to write it back without any changes I get a warning message "eeprom saved with these warnings" "-openTx on this board doesn't accept this function" twice.
xplorer.eepe
(77.03 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Kilrah

Re: Model definition corrupt

Post by Kilrah »

Versions? Are you sure there's no mismatch? Any pointers as to what is broken? Any idea what you did before/after finding the issue?
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

V 2.0.18. The Flight Modes are gone except for 6,7 and 8 which contain garbage, the inputs are gone, all the mixes after Ch 3 are gone and those for ch 1 and 2 are not what they were, servos back to default values and names gone, curves gone, GVs have strange values, LS full of apparently random text that looks like it's from elsewhere else, SF gone until SF 16 and then wrong data, telemetry all zeros.

I flew the model Sunday, switched to another model and flew that and then turned the radio off. Turned on again today and selected the now faulty model and then noticed that the data was weird.

I recall that at one point on Sunday the radio did not turn off when I activated the switch after a flight. I turned the switch on again and then off and the radio shut down as normal. I don't recall which model was active at the time, it could have been either. Perhaps that caused the problem.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

mpjf01 wrote: I recall that at one point on Sunday the radio did not turn off when I activated the switch after a flight. I turned the switch on again and then off and the radio shut down as normal. I don't recall which model was active at the time, it could have been either. Perhaps that caused the problem.
This is interesting. Would you be able to reproduce it? Perhaps it's could only be the EEPROM write delay which made you think that it would never shutdown. But the corruption is not normal. This is something which needs more tests then (even if 2.0 is already old now, in 2.1 we have almost completely rewritten the EEPROM write function which is quicker as it uses now the hardware I2C)
mpjf01

Post by mpjf01 »

I restored the original eepe to the radio from my backup and have tried to reproduce the problem by power cycling but so far have been unsuccessful, all works as it should. I don't have any evidence that the power cycle was the cause except that this is the only unusual occurrence in the timeframe. I'll keep trying.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”