Best way to used switches in the Mixer ?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
LapinFou

Best way to used switches in the Mixer ?

Post by LapinFou »

Hi folks,
I have got a question regarding the best/recommended way to setup conditional mixing.
For example, the Gyro on my TRex500
1st solution:
2nd solution with REPLACE:

For sure it is doing the same thing, but what would be the recommendation?

Helle

Re: Best way to used switches in the Mixer ?

Post by Helle »

Hy,
Normal its set to Addition the line at mixer, but with your Switch only one mixerline is running

then you have set to R= Replace, and there you need the Switch SA for selection one mixerline

but here at this examples the result is the same

Helle
LapinFou

Post by LapinFou »

Thanks for answering. I know, it is behaving the same way. I was just wondering if it was consider as "a bad habit" to not use REPLACE in the 1st solution below.

In order to be more clear, here is an example (Throttle of helicopter):
Method 1:

Method 2:

Method 3:

What would be the best/recommended method? What is the "state of the art" for programming Inputs/Mixers with OpenTX?
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,

IMHO, if there is the exact same behavior, which is the case here, I would go for the simplest ;)
Method 1 and perhaps method 2 depending on your setup preferences.

PS: Isn't there an error in the input of the method 1: first line Source (Rud) ? Shouldn't be Source (Thr) ?
I'm not playing with heli so...

Bye.
LapinFou

Post by LapinFou »

Hi davx,

I know the 3 methods are valid. I was just wondering if 1 of the 3 would have been a better method? And why? I'm fine with method 1. I think method 3 is probably better than method 2.
The confusion part is how input/mixer behave when several conditions are true at the same time.
For INPUT, it is working the same way than "if ... else if... else ...". So last line will be a default one (which is a good rule).
But for MIXER, if you are using REPLACE and if 2 (or more) conditions are true at the same time, then it will be the last line which will win (same as: a=10;a=18;a=4; The result will be a is 4, last one wins).
I started to have some headaches... ;) Another question is: "how to chose if the programming must be done in INPUT or MIXER ?". INPUT got the advantage to easily ensure there is a default condition (to not lose the model control).
Maybe I'm asking myself too much philosophical questions... ;)

However, somebody gives me a good reason to prefer method 2/3 against method 1: the usage of some advance trainer mode (ex: Ail, replaced by TR1).

PS: Your are correct. When I created the model for this example, I've done a mistake. It should have been Thr, not Rud. In method 1, I also forgot to remove the Thr trim for one condition (I never using Thr trim with electrical model).

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”