Mixing quandary.

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
monton

Mixing quandary.

Post by monton »

A taranis radio., x8r frsky, 2.08

I'm flying a simple elevon parkjet and dual rudders. Mixing to create a flat turn using rudders I've added some reverse aileron and all that works great.

I do get a little nose down and wanted to mix a touch of up elevator to the rudder and so brings me to my question. How do I create an up elevator on every rudder move. What I've created works up elevator right turn but down elevator on left turn. .. and that ain't working.

Do I need to special function in a global value to always give elevator up against the rudder channel?

I'm turned around here over thinking it.

monton

Re: Mixing quandary.

Post by monton »

Okay fine. ..I was way over thinking this.

Create a custom curve and connect it to the elevator and we're good to go. I could see it better once I was on a pc and struggled to follow through on a couple things in the field.

Sorry for the panic I must have gotten frustrated. .lol
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can also use the predefined |x| function instead of a custom curve.
monton

Post by monton »

Kilrah wrote:You can also use the predefined |x| function instead of a custom curve.
That was where I started from but just couldn't get my mind around it and why I ended up using a curve.

A predefined x would give a more linear return on my controls too. Everything I tried that way would give me elevator down on the one direction off the rudder channel.

What did I miss ?
monton

Post by monton »

Kilrah wrote:You can also use the predefined |x| function instead of a custom curve.
That was where I started from but just couldn't get my mind around it and why I ended up using a curve.

A predefined x would give a more linear return on my controls too. Everything I tried that way would give me elevator down on the one direction off the rudder channel because rudder control travels +/- from a center point.

What did I miss ?

gohsthb

Post by gohsthb »

The |x| curve means 'the absolute value of x', a math term. If you feed that curve positive values then the output will just equal the input, however if you give it negative values, then the output will be the same but positive again. What did your mixer line look like where you tried to use |x|?
-ghost

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”