Open Tx Recorder/Speaker

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
New9xuser

Open Tx Recorder/Speaker

Post by New9xuser »

OK,
I may well be in the wrong topic if so I am sure someone will tell me where to go, "In the best possible taste" I hope.
So here goes anyway. Is there any way of inserting delays in the text so that pauses can be embedded in the final wav file? I have tried various printable and non printable characters and can achieve modest delays using the minus character and the opening and closing parentheses ( and ). I have also used the rate slider but none of them produce a delay as long as I would like. I would like up to about 1-2 sec between words. Any help appreciated.

regards

John

Kilrah

Re: Open Tx Recorder/Speaker

Post by Kilrah »

I don't think any speech synthesis program will do that, it will always try to make "natural sounding" sentences. Post editing is likely the solution.

Envoyé de mon SM-G900F en utilisant Tapatalk
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Try a "." after each sentence
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
New9xuser

Post by New9xuser »

jhsa wrote:Try a "." after each sentence
Placing an "." after every word/sentence does indeed produce a short delay as does using opening and closing parentheses "()" and "!" exclamation mark but I would like to make the delay a little longer. Repeating the symbol, that is inserted between the words, does not increase the length of the pause as one would wrongly assume, unfortunately. It looks as if I will have to use Audacity to to do some post processor editing. It would have been cool if the Open TX Speaker or Recorder could have done it for me but what the hell its no great problem one way of the other.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards

John
dvogonen

Re: Sv: Open Tx Recorder/Speaker

Post by dvogonen »

When I wrote OpenTX Speaker I experimented a lot with using special characters to produce pauses. This is usually possible with all the example speech engines that are available online.
Nothing worked.
The Microsoft speech engine is considerably more stubborn than all other speech engines I have tried. It will not change pausing or intonation no matter how badly you punctuate your sentences. This is probably a good thing under most circumstances, but irritating for us.

New9xuser

Re: Sv: Open Tx Recorder/Speaker

Post by New9xuser »

dvogonen wrote:When I wrote OpenTX Speaker I experimented a lot with using special characters to produce pauses. This is usually possible with all the example speech engines that are available online.
Nothing worked.
The Microsoft speech engine is considerably more stubborn than all other speech engines I have tried. It will not change pausing or intonation no matter how badly you punctuate your sentences. This is probably a good thing under most circumstances, but irritating for us.
Thanks for that. Don't worry you produced a great utility and this is a small disadvantage. Well done and thanks.

Regards

John
bobnj

Post by bobnj »

What is the process to save a file with the Open Tx Speaker?
I'm searching around for an answer, but thought I would ask here.

Thanks
Bob

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”