Adjust Global Variable using Slider

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
outdoors4evr

Adjust Global Variable using Slider

Post by outdoors4evr »

Experts;
I need some help configuring a custom function in my Taranis. I would like to adjust a global variable using the left slider. I am using the Global Variable to adjust the % of travel for dual rates.
According to the manual, this can be done. Here's some text from the manual.

•Adjust GVx: When active, sets the relevant global variable to the value of the specified source. The adjustment source can be one of 4 groups cycled through using a LONG press of the ENTER key:
◦A fixed value

◦A proportional control, or a channel with for example specified curve/weight/offset to limit the adjustment range ◦Another GVAR
◦+1/-1, to increment/decrement the GVAR with each activation.

Now for the hard part (shown in Green ). I want to apply a curve to the slider so that it limits the adjustment range from 25% to 100%. How do I apply the curve to the slider in the Custom Functions Menu? Here's what I think so far....

In the custom functions menu, enter the following. I am using ON so it updates constantly.
CF1 - ON, AdjustGV1, LS, Checkmark

Kilrah

Re: Adjust Global Variable using Slider

Post by Kilrah »

You assign LS to a free channel, with the curve or weight/offset, then select said channel in the custom function instead of LS directly.
outdoors4evr

Post by outdoors4evr »

Thanks. I think I just found additional detail about this deeper into the manual. Their example used CH12 and a pot, but substituting in a slider shouldn't be an issue.

Under the Advanced Features; Global Variables section...
One of the available sources for adjusting global vars is the list of channels. This is probably the main way you'll use to adjust GVARs for a simple reason: Let's say you want to adjust a D/R ratio with the S1 pot. If you select GV1 as the weight parameter of that rate line and just use the Adjust GV1 custom function with S1 as source, you will now be adjusting your rate between -100% and +100%. Being able to disable and even reverse your rate doesn't sound terribly fun, so you'll want to limit the adjustment range. The easiest way is to use a free channel for that. Create a mixer line on say CH12, and use the weight/offset/curve parameters to make that channel's output cover a range of say +50 to +80% over the pot's throw. Then, set the Adjust GV1 source to CH12.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Could this be translated to fix my aileron problem I wonder??
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=4931
_______
Stewart
outdoors4evr

Post by outdoors4evr »

I think this would work very well for your application. Put the elevator input on the switch. (Up position, disable flaps, Mid position is Flaps with no Elevator mix, Down position is Flaps with Elevator Mix.

I didn't like having a set value for the flaps. Making the flaps a variable (on a slider) provided a "more generic" way to build a template model. It also provides much more flexible way to accomodate for wind.

Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I might give it a try. But for now I will stick with the setup I made initially, which now works. *Mental not to self: Only one fade per mix :)
_______
Stewart

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”