Using DM9 Module

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Roger

Using DM9 Module

Post by Roger »

I have been trying to bind a Spektrum rx with the DM9 module installed. I first set the internal rf off and set the external to PPM with 22.5 frame rate - pulse and 8ch. Rx on first then holding button on module and switching on tx results in 1 flash in the module and no binding. I then changed the setting to + pulse and the module then flashed approx 12 times then no led released button and led came on solid but still no binding. Changed to a different model in case of a corrupted model setting with the same results This module works ok in my JR9Xll. The standout pins are plenty long enough but I can only feel a very very slight resistance when plugging in module. Pressing module and/or putting side pressure makes no difference. I have tried to gently deflect the pins in case they are not making proper contact. Is there anything else I should be doing or trying.

Thanks

Kilrah

Re: Using DM9 Module

Post by Kilrah »

Maybe do a little search, I think this module wants a different pulse duration, like 450us or so.
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Shouldn't you turn on the Tx first in bind mode and then power the Rx to bind?

Ted
pmullen503

Post by pmullen503 »

Roger wrote:This module works ok in my JR9Xll. ............. Is there anything else I should be doing or trying.

Thanks
The receiver is bound to the module, not the TX, so the receiver should still be bound to the DM9 when you move it to the Taranis. If it no longer works, then the settings of the Taranis might be different from the JR9XII. There's a place to start. If the parameters are the same and it still works on the JR, then I would suspect the pins.

Also, the pinouts on the Taranis are not the same as JR. Pin 1 is signal, pin 3 vBat, and pin 4 is gnd. IIRC,on JR pin 2 is 6v and pin 5 is ant. On the Taranis these are used for telemetry when a XJT module is used. I don't know if the DM9 cares about those pins or not.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

The DM9 works perfectly in the Taranis but requires specific settings. I have been using one for several months.

The key is that the polarity must be set to +, rather than the default - (which works with the Orange module).

It is preferable but not essential to set the PPM to 400u instead of the default 300u. This will ensure that neutral remains at 1.5ms (if left on 300u it will be significantly shifted and require recentering servos).

The DM9 uses only the three basic pins: signal #1, positive #3, and ground #4. Pins 2 and 5 are unused, so no problem there.

The DM9 does not support Model Match, so, as mentioned above, receivers is bound to the module (not to a specific model memory slot). If you do need to re-bind, it's a simple matter of holding the button on the module while powering up.

Roger

Post by Roger »

pmullen503 wrote:
The receiver is bound to the module, not the TX, so the receiver should still be bound to the DM9 when you move it to the Taranis.
The rx was last bound to a DX7 not the module.

When set to PPM mode the bind/range line is removed and the Spektrum rx on first must be used.

Thanks for replies I will try setting to 400 and try again.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Problem solved. :D

I forgot :oops: that the rx in the model I was trying to bind to was of an early DSM vintage which is not supported by DM9.
Now successfully bound to 2 DSM2 rx`s without any problems.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”