source code to firmware

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
jiipeehoo78

source code to firmware

Post by jiipeehoo78 »

hello

im new at this place and taranis radio allso
i try modificate that source code to finnish language and i wanna test it to taranis

how i can convert those source files to firmware file ? so i can test is my language ok or not

im usin ms visual studio to edit those c++ files

thanks all if you can help me about this problem

Romolo
9x Developer

Re: source code to firmware

Post by Romolo »

I will not convert to firmware but to a simulator...
Setup a virtual machine with linux and the proper toolchain
and do a "make simu PCB=TARANIS" in the src dir.
Then launch ./simu
dvogonen

Re: Sv: source code to firmware

Post by dvogonen »

Your best option is to start out with the Swedish language files and translate the file se.h.txt into Finnish. Alternatively you can rename your modified en.h file to se.h.txt. When you have set up the compilation environment you can then compile your modified Swedish version and get a Finnish translation.
The reason to use the Swedish language files rather than the English, is that the Swedish translation will give you access to the letters ä and ö. These are not available if you use English as base.
Setting up the compilation environment is not trivial if you are not a developer. If you have some prior experience it is however doable.
You could naturally run a Linux distribution in a virtual machine. I prefer using real machines. Linux is very efficient and is able to run on old hardware and there are a lot of obsolete machines available. I'm currently using Linux Mint with the Cinnamon desktop on an old Lenovo Thinkpad T60 and it works just fine for developing and maintaining OpenTX.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”