SBUS does not work

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Spoogy

Re: SBUS does not work

Post by Spoogy »

thomasf wrote:Hello ,

I found this at

http://www.frsky-rc.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=107

The Decoder sprayed date code show the middle (20th) of SEP is new upgraded version. We are most suggesting contact your seller or Frsky dealer for replacement if necessary for save the delivery cost. (this decoder is not support customer own upgrade.)

Thomas

Look at the only post on the second page on that thread and who has written that. ;)

-Spoogy
What goes up, must come down. -Isaac Newton
OpenTX - expanding possibilities

thomasf

Post by thomasf »

Ok,
I see :-)

they talk about 20th of Sept,
should I trust the working one with date code 17/09/13 ?

Thomas
Spoogy

Post by Spoogy »

One guy in a Finnish forums has exact same date on his decoder and he reported that servos are jittering. But as mentioned before, if it initializes normally, then it would be fine. Does your initialize allright on every power-on? I would not fully trust on device which does not initalize normally on every boot, but that's my personal feeling. Also I don't feel like fumbling with devices like this on the field. They should work as expected.

But I was still wondering that SBUS value 992, even that doesn't actually matter. Bus is 11 bits which is 2047 that divided by 2 makes 1023. So if they had a thinking error on FrSky when they hacked SBUS and calculated (starting from 1 and not 0) 2048 / 2 that makes 1024. So, 1520+(992-1024)*0.652=1500 and that makes sense. But as said, it actually doesn't matter.

What else I'm wondering is the end points. At Futaba those are min. 880us and max. 2160us. And when I look couple posts back with 100% movement on Taranis we get min. 1090us and max. 1909us. May that affect the servo travel and servo resolution when BUS is used? Even with limits of 120% we only get min. 1008us and max. 1991us. So, there's a gap compared to Futaba. But I don't know does that actually matter much?

edit: if I put limits 125% on Companion the servo monitor will show min. 1080us and max. 1910us. So not even that what is mentioned above and the limits are full. I need to fetch my radio from the club and see...

-Spoogy
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

With the Taranis set with 100% limits (988-2012 us) the sbus range from the X8R is 172-1811.
With limits at 125% sbus will actually clip a little on the low side, reaching 0 a tad before the stick reaches the edge, and high side 2016.
Spoogy

Post by Spoogy »

Hi,

Today I got one test sample of those decoders for SBUS version 1 and 2 which are made by a guy in here Finland. I tested that with multiple different servos and different mixes with Taranis and I did not have even any slightest issues with those.

Smooth transition and fast initialization on start-up. Very responsive and as said, no any issues. Programming happens just by using the transmitter itself. No external Channel Changer needed. Mee likeee.. :) Just ordered three more of those. ;)

@Kilrah, how do you see SBUS values?

-Spoogy
Attachments
Testing phase.
Testing phase.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I have a flight controller board (OpenPilot Revolution) that shows the raw values from the input.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”