x9 lite firmware help please

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Firejuggler

x9 lite firmware help please

Post by Firejuggler »

HELP! I've made a mistake while flashing access firmware from x9 lite to rx.
This was the 3rd rx I was updating and I had successfully registered and bound 2 RX4Rs already. I accidentally slipped the thumbwheel and selected "Flash internal module" instead of "Flash S port". I instantly realised my mistake and tried to turn tx off but it would not! I had to resort to removing battery. It took about 20 seconds to switch the tx off by removing the battery so I am sure I have partially overwritten internal module firmware with rx ACCESS firmware. Have I "bricked" the tx? :o

The good news is the Tx appears fine and switches on as usual etc but bad news is it will no longer register or bind with rx. Tried previously registered and bound rx's but no luck.
I tried a factory reset thinking that might restore it but no luck.
I tried re updating the tx firmware from both fryksy and when that failed I also tried the same from open tx but also with no luck.

Any help is gratefully received.

Firejuggler

Kilrah

Re: x9 lite firmware help please

Post by Kilrah »

You need to try flashing the correct firmware back to the internal module. If that doesn't work then the module is likely dead.
You should NOT have attempted to cancel and removed the battery, if an update finishes correctly with the wrong file you can flash the correct one again, I've actually done the mistake several times before.
Firejuggler

Post by Firejuggler »

Hi Kilrah
Many thanks for the advice. Which firmware do I need and where would i find it. Sounds like I am not the only one to have made this simple mistake.
Firejuggler
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Internal module firmware is on the download page for the product on FrSky's website.
Firejuggler

Post by Firejuggler »

Brilliant, thanks for the help, I've downloaded the firmware and thankfully it is all working properly now.
Really appreciate your help.
Firejuggler

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”