Is it possible to set up 3 position callouts on RS/LS?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
Valkyrie01

Is it possible to set up 3 position callouts on RS/LS?

Post by Valkyrie01 »

I've just realised I posted this question in the wrong forum, hopefully correct this time. :oops:
I've got a Taranis X9D+ and have just changed my flap selector from switch SD to the Right Slider due to some difficulty in reaching it. My flap setting has 3 positions (flaps Up, flaps 1 and flaps 2) but I can't work out how to get the callout for each position as I previously had on SD. I've tried using 3 logic switches but only get callouts for flaps up/flaps down. I'm way out of my depth here but wondering if the concept of logic switches precludes more than 2 conditions? I've spent a couple of hours hoping to find this or a similar question answered but all such queries only refer to 2 flap positions - flaps up/flaps down.

If anyone can suggest a solution to include use of slider pots I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
John

rdeanchurch

Re: Is it possible to set up 3 position callouts on RS/LS?

Post by rdeanchurch »

Yes.
A slider is just a pot like S1, S2...
So create 3 logical switches remembering that the pot has values -100 to +100.
Use thes logical switches to set the flap positions mixes and to call out via SF.
Pot#PosCallOut.png
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Valkyrie01

Post by Valkyrie01 »

Hi Dean, thanks for your suggestion.
Though I don't really understand how it works I've modified your example slightly (see my setup) as I'm using the right slider for flaps and it seems to work successfully. There's only a minor problem in that I get the callouts "flaps 1" and "flaps 2" extending the flaps but no "flaps 1" when I reduce to the first stage. "flaps up" is announced okay when the flaps are fully retracted. I can live with that.
Thanks again for your assistance.
John
Attachments
20200126_184844.jpg
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

try this and show your special functions for the voice announcements, there are some possibilities of mistakes there.
Pot3PosCallOut.png
(5.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
But better you should understand why.
We can work on this as soon as we arrive at a solution that fulfills your wants/needs.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Valkyrie01

Post by Valkyrie01 »

Hi Dean,
I made the change from !L03 to !L05 as per your last suggestion and voilà, it works perfectly. I get correct callouts for each stage of flap extension AND retraction. I thought I had already tried that option but obviously not. Thank you for your time. As requested I have attached an image of my special functions that I set up to provide the voice announcements. I'm hoping that you won't find too many holes in my work ;)

Regards from the western third of Australia
John
Attachments
Spec Functions27Jan.jpg

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”