X9d Plus SE 2019 Firmware

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
jimbo385

X9d Plus SE 2019 Firmware

Post by jimbo385 »

Hi folks, some help needed please.

Received a brand new TX and trying to use Companion to load things up with new splash screen with other parameters, my TX won't switch on or go into Bootloader.

What can I do to correct this please?

Cheers.

Kilrah

Re: X9d Plus SE 2019 Firmware

Post by Kilrah »

Use OpenTX 2.3 with the radio type properly set to X9D+ 2019.
jimbo385

Post by jimbo385 »

I am unable to set up a new profile for the SE 2019 because my TX will not switch on or go into Bootloader.

So, the question is, how can I reset the TX so that it is able to go into bootloader mode so I can correctly upgrade the firmware?

Thanks.
jimbo385

Post by jimbo385 »

SORTED NOW!
I was trying to get into the Bootloader by long pressing!
Now able to get into Bootloader. Then because I had the non 2019 loaded, I had to switch off the Hardware Comparability check. I'm now back to normal!
I now have 2.3.1 Firmware but 2.3.0 Bootloader.
Thanks for everyone's help.
cattlebaron

Re: X9d Plus SE 2019 Firmware Update problem

Post by cattlebaron »

I certainly need help or else I would not be here. I also have a new X9D Plus SE-2019 and have a firmware update problem and it has me flummoxed. The TX arrived with OpenTX version 2.3.0 and it works splendidly but I would like to update the firmware to the latest stable version i.e. 2.3.2. I know of two ways to update firmware for 7 years of experience with the X9D. The first is the Bootloader mode with what I call the three finger salute but I can't get that to work, I assume it is due to the new on/off switch fitted so the TX can't be turned on or off by accident. I have tried all sorts of different times with the on switch to no avail. The second is to use OpenTx Companion, yes I am using version 2.3.2 and it gives me a write to file error, with the helpful hint as "Unknown error". I have used the alternative short file name as well.

cattlebaron

Post by cattlebaron »

Problem solved! Hold both horizontal trims in and press the on/off twice in succession. Thanks to information on GitHub.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”