Issue with mini usb connection X9D+

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
singlefin

Issue with mini usb connection X9D+

Post by singlefin »

Hi,

I just replaced the backboard on my X9D+ SE and can't connect the radio to my Mac. I kinda screwed up the wiring attempting to wire up a micro usb, got the plug orientation wrong and guess I fried something. Just replaced with a new backboard and went to test the mini usb connection and nothing happened. Usually my Mac will recognize the SD card in about 3-5 seconds without running the Companion App. Tried reading model setup with the Companion app and radio in boot loader mode but I get a message telling me something to the effect no radio is detected and I need to be in boot loader mode (which I was). I'm running Companion Ver 2.2.4 for the Mac.

Anyway, is there a setting somewhere on the radio that I need to change? I don't remember doing anything to get radio to connect successfully to my Mac when I first bought it. Or, is a new backboard basically a waste of money since if I fried anything the chip is on the Main board and not the backboard?

Thanks

Kilrah

Re: Issue with mini usb connection X9D+

Post by Kilrah »

There is nothing "active" on the USB lines on the backboard, just connections that go staight to the processor on the mainboard.
singlefin

Post by singlefin »

If I had accidentally reversed the polarity on the mini usb, will that fry something on the mainboard? so as to cause the radio not being recognized by the computer?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yes, it's possible for that to blow the main chip or parts of it.
singlefin

Post by singlefin »

Is the main chip repairable or replaceable?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can replace it if you have good enough soldering skills, yes...

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”