Question on switches

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
rwhammer

Question on switches

Post by rwhammer »

When setting up a switch in OpenTX your choices are all the normal switches like SA, SB so on but I also find !SA, !SB. My question is what is the ! exclamation mark for? Is it a combination?

Daedalus66

Re: Question on switches

Post by Daedalus66 »

Exclamation mark before switch name means “not”. So “!SA(up)” means either SA- or SA(down).

It’s not up so it must be either of the other two positions.
rwhammer

Post by rwhammer »

So if I use a 3 position switch but only want to use it as a 2 position switch such as SA(up) -100 do I set SA(down) to 100 or 0 and should I replace middle position SA- to !SA 0 or is it not necessary?
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

A two position switch is emulated by using SA(up) and not SA(up), i.e. !SA(up). The weight is automatically determined and need not be specified. Weight normally is set for INPUTS or MIXES.
So if you wanted to use the switch to control a channel output you would normally do something like this:

Ch7 MAX Weight(100) Switch(SA(up)
..+= MAX Weight(-100) Switch(!SA(up)

Think of it as more a true false statement than a numeric value. If the SA is in the up position SA(up) is true and !SA(up) is false.

If SA(up) is in the up position, the first statement in channel 7 is active. If SA is not in the up position !SA(up) is true and the second line under channel 7 is active, and the first line is ignored as it's Switch(condition) is false.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
rwhammer

Post by rwhammer »

Thank you. Still learning.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”