Hubsan A1 Battery Telemetry

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
propnut

Hubsan A1 Battery Telemetry

Post by propnut »

Hi guys

I am using a 4 in 1 multi-module in my Taranis and would like to trigger a voice alert when the battery drops below a threshold on my Hubsan 107D drone. The Taranis discovers the A1 sensor and correctly displays the voltage and I can set it up to display this in the telemetry display window. However I have tried tying a logical switch LO1 with a<x A1 3.3V and then assigned this to SF1 LO1 Playtrack lowbatt.

This never triggers. The exact same setup using an FrSky receiver or DSMX receiver works fine. I don't understand if the Taranis can see the sensor, can see the voltage against the correct parameter why it is not triggering.

Would appreciate your wisdom

Kilrah

Re: Hubsan A1 Battery Telemetry

Post by Kilrah »

Is the displayed voltage actually correct? Some of these toys transmit a dummy value that never actually changes for some reason.
propnut

Post by propnut »

Yep its correct ok and goes down commensurately as the battery charge decays. Even if it were wrong the logic switch is not triggering. It is as though that part of the logic is not referencing the value of A1 whatsoever. The charged voltage shows as 4.1v. It doesn't matter if I set a<x and set x to 5v or a>x and set the value of x to 3v the switch does not trigger.
propnut

Post by propnut »

Some more feedback, I bound the 107D to my Devo 10 radio that runs DeviationTX and the Telemetry works perfectly on that. Both radios are using the same 4 in 1 module so it appears to be an OpenTX issue.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”