DoA Taranis

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
SK1701

DoA Taranis

Post by SK1701 »

Hey guys.

I've been using a Taranis for a couple of years now. Recently got another one from Banggood for a project but it seems to be dead on arrival. Their customer service asked me to open it up and look but I don't see any visible damage.

The battery came at only 3V but I managed to recover it. Now whenever I plug in the battery (power switch makes no difference) the haptic motor and buzzer go off but the radio won't power up. If I try powering up in bootloader mode with the trim switches I just get a blank blue screen. DFU doesn't detect it plugged in over USB either. I was wondering if anyone has seen something similar or any recommendations on what to test for? Or should I just assume the main board is dead and ask for a replacement?

Carbo

Re: DoA Taranis

Post by Carbo »

Can you try to connect to STM32 bootloader with disconnected battery? This should work in every case, beside a USB or CPU issue. STM32 mode is also sensitive to low quality USB cables.
SK1701

Post by SK1701 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to flash firmware in STM bootloader mode (no battery). But even after that when I plug the battery in, the splash screen comes on for a second before disappearing and then the haptic motor starts buzzing. The radio still won't power on in either normal or trim switch bootloader. I'm guessing it's just a hardware issue then?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No screen and buzzing is the symptom of flashing wrong firmware (that for an X9D) onto an X9D+.

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”