Access Protocol - HowTo?

General Help and support for the Taranis Radio.
mapes12

Access Protocol - HowTo?

Post by mapes12 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:36 pm

I've seen that FrSky have recently launched this new protocol. It looks good to me. I have a QX7 running OpenTx 2.1. and a bunch of various FrSky Rx's. I'm trying to find a HowTo that describes how I can take advantage of the new protocol. Any links greatly appreciated.

tonnie78

Re: Access Protocol - HowTo?

Post by tonnie78 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 pm

It has just been introduced on a new transmitter, no info on updating current transmitters yet. We have to be patient i guess

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

mapes12

Post by mapes12 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:55 pm

FrSky have a new menu item on their website for the protocol here:https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-advanced ... l-release/

It has download links for the new FW on a range of Rx's but no instuctions on how to flash the Rx's nor what version of OpenTx or ErskyTx you need on the Tx.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB » Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 pm

At present the only radios that support ACCESS are the XLite-PRO and the X9Lite. The firmware updates for existing modules have not been released. Also, just the 5 receivers shown on the page you have linked support ACCESS. There were only 4 receivers listed a couple of days ago!
The receivers are flashed in exactly the same way as before, so you may do that from the port in the base of the QX7.

The X9Lite is shipping with a choice of erskyTx or openTx. ErskyTx r222 is needed on the X9Lite. I have put this up on www.er9x.com and I'm just getting a release of r222 for all radios sorted.
As I don't, currently, have any XLite-Pro hardware, I haven't got ACCESS running on that with erskyTx, although it should be easy to do as it just needs the code from the X9Lite added in.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “General help (FrSky Taranis radio)”